Federal Police "Invade" Portland

  • Thread starter Thread starter Regular_Atheist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case, higher levels of government with the willpower and resources have the right and duty to intervene.
In Federalism, it’s the states responsibility and prerogative.

Sure, the CPB agents can “defend” their buildings, but that’s it. No federal laws are being broken expect the defacing of the federal buildings. The feds have no laws to enforce or charges to levy except to protect the federal buildings and themselves. This isn’t Washington DC where there is a lot of federal property. They cannot stop the general rioting or protesting.

In fact they are exacerbating the problem.
 
The Democratic Leadership in Portland and in Oregon [both state and federal politicians] are exacerbating the problem. They do not confront the lawless in PDX - appeasement is their only plan, which of course only makes matters worse … that has been the tactic of Portland for a decade or more. However, they feel they can all attack the Trump administration and that will help aid their appeasement efforts with the lawless to their gain … Orange Man Bad - we are on your side…

It wont work, it has not worked in the past and it will not work in the future … Antifa, BLM marxists and the other rioters and looters will continue to riot and use those who sincerely think they are protesting for real change to cover for their radical destructive actions …

But this stance of the liberal politicians will garner the democratic voters to continue to reelect them into power - even as their policies continue to fail and PDX spirals out of control, businesses leave the downtown area and people like me avoid going downtown. Just wait til they start the tolls into downtown … like people will want to pay to drive downtown, then pay to park in order to dodge the homeless, the pan handlers and protesters blocking the roadways and attacking your vehicle and even the occasional driver … SAD
 
Nice - how friendly … glad you are feeling good about and support that destruction of public property …

The City wont miss me - I avoid it and I dont miss working in the Federal Building downtown - not one iota…

If enough businesses leave - I am pretty sure the City will regret the loss of the taxes they wont be collecting and the loss of jobs… and the trouble recruiting and retention the businesses that stay may have …
 
After the tax base dries up, I reckon the local powers will be singing a different tune. This will be an expensive lesson in tolerating street theater. It is street theater, and would easily be shut down with the proper tactics.
 
Violent showdowns between antifascists and fascists have been going on in Portland for decades, yet it’s still an incredibly desirable place to live. And that’s not to mention that these protests are isolated to two buildings. People familiar with Portland, and who don’t get all their Portland news from the right wing media sphere, know that unless you approach the Sacred Fence after dark it’s business as usual (or as usual as it can be in these plague times).

Snowflakes skipping town because some easily avoidable protests are happening are not going to hurt the tax base.
 
The agents are identifiable by a number, just not by name.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
The agents are identifiable by a number, just not by name.
Who are they hiding from?

I mean, if they want to dress like soldiers, fine. It gives them no advantage in an urban environment.

However, the identifying numbers and organization patches should not be subdued. No need other than to make them less visible or invisible,
 
I don’t want you to know my name, but here is my face and a unique tattoo sleeve.
 
I think it’s probably less sinister than people are imagining it to be, they’re probably just using the equipment they had on hand.
 
Yeah, I find tattoos to be rather trashy and wish they’d go back to not allowing them in police forces or military environments.
 
People are too free to express themselves here without any regard for professionalism.
 
I think it’s probably less sinister than people are imagining it to be, they’re probably just using the equipment they had on hand.
You know, I agree with you. I think that they thought that was acceptable on the border, and detained immigrants don’t complain.

However, when you deploy to an urban area for operations against American citizens, there is a different stardard.

They have had more than enough time to order other patches, or uniforms, or whatever.

It’s a feature, not a bug. They want it this way.
 
I don’t disagree. But I guess because I have most of the same gear that guy does (minus the helmet and tear gas launcher) I don’t really see it as all that big of a deal. Multicam is best cam, and the uniforms made out of it tend to be higher quality than other brands because it’s a proprietary fabric and pattern. He’s got on a crye jpc plate carrier, though it doesn’t appear to have plates in it, and HSGI tacos for mag carriers. All that stuff is available on the civilian market.
 
You do realize that defund is really a misnomer, right?

The basis of defund the police is reallocation of funds to provide better avenues for many of the things police have to deal with that aren’t straight law enforcement duties. They have too much on their plates in many areas.
  • mental health
  • affordable housing
  • social work
The list does on.

If you strip these things, they simply don’t need their current funding levels.
 
But I guess because I have most of the same gear that guy does (minus the helmet and tear gas launcher) I don’t really see it as all that big of a deal.
Well, I was in the Army a long time ago - I have BDUs and jungle fatigues in the basement somewhere.

I understand the attraction to wearing what they are wearing - I just don’t agree with it on American streets. It’s probably well suited to the desert.

There is an intimidation factor that I think they are trying to achieve by wearing that kind of uniform. There is no need for it. Yes, it utilitarian - if you expect a war.
 
They are there to protect Federal Government Property, I hope they act much more in different cities. We have had a very successful presidency and hooligans and who knows who else are trying to sabotage the country’s well-being.
 
There is an intimidation factor that I think they are trying to achieve by wearing that kind of uniform. There is no need for it.
It’s also done to try and show that the protestors are equivalent to foreign invaders. Remember that Trump initially threatened to kill them, and mused about sending the Army against protestors.

He couldn’t do that - in part because the military rebuked him - so he’s doing the closest thing: sending in federal law enforcement dressed like the military.

I wonder what federal laws they will be enforcing in Chicago?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top