Gather round my fellow Trump supporters

• Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
RhodesianSon:
What have the “true conservatives” that ran the party before Trump came along ever actually conserved?
Faith in democracy. Relations with the world at large. Respect for the greatest nation from their friends and allies. Take a look at the sighs of relief from around the world today. You can’t see it from your perspective right this moment but time and retrospect will show what a great hit the US has taken from 4 years of Trump.
So… literally, you’re admitting that you think voters should prioritize:
  1. Faith in a worldly political system (whether or not said faith is misplaced);
  2. Worldly human respect?
For the record, anyone who has more respect for a politician with good table manners (who pushes to expand the direct killing of children), than for a politician with bad table manners (who pushes to protect the human rights of children to not-be-murdered) isn’t someone whose respect you should care about.

40.png
Motherwit:
40.png
RhodesianSon:
What have the “true conservatives” that ran the party before Trump came along ever actually conserved?
Faith in democracy. Relations with the world at large. Respect for the greatest nation from their friends and allies. Take a look at the sighs of relief from around the world today. You can’t see it from your perspective right this moment but time and retrospect will show what a great hit the US has taken from 4 years of Trump.
So… literally, you’re admitting that you think voters should prioritize:
  1. Faith in a worldly political system (whether or not said faith is misplaced);
  2. Worldly human respect?
For the record, anyone who has more respect for a politician with good table manners (who pushes to expand the direct killing of children), than for a politician with bad table manners (who pushes to protect the human rights of children to not-be-murdered) isn’t someone whose respect you should care about.
When a flashy salesman at my door sells me a new vacuum cleaner by telling me everything I want to hear and how dreadful my 30 year old still working vacuum really is and 6 months later the new vacuum blows up because it was all about the sale and the quick dollar turnover and not long term effect, well that’s what I think of Trump and his motive.

I fault the moderates on both sides for going along with it.

Were they REALLY that blind?
One is not blind because they do not see eye to eye with you. The sole of relativism is setting oneself as the standard for everything.

There is none so blind as one who cannot see through the eyes of others.
Throughout the entire time that Mr. Trump was in office, the other “aisle” refused to reach across to him,
Leadership is the job of the President. You do not work with others by insulting them and belittling them, just as you will never understand others by insulting them like you do. A little charity please.

I know people are hurting, but if you cannot post as a Christian because of your hurt, perhaps it is best to cool off first. It is understandable. We have all been there at one time or another. But this is not the place to lash and slash at others.

I think he’s even planning on appointing Republicans to his cabinet.

Any Republican appointed will be a pariah among the constituencies

40.png
JanR:
I fault the moderates on both sides for going along with it.

Were they REALLY that blind?
One is not blind because they do not see eye to eye with you. The sole of relativism is setting oneself as the standard for everything.

There is none so blind as one who cannot see through the eyes of others.
Throughout the entire time that Mr. Trump was in office, the other “aisle” refused to reach across to him,
Leadership is the job of the President. You do not work with others by insulting them and belittling them, just as you will never understand others by insulting them like you do. A little charity please.
I was just stating what I have observed, time and again. Suppose YOU show a little charity! I insulted no one. Just stated what I saw happening repeatedly in Mr. Trump’s administration. Congress was determined NOT to work with him, no matter what.

I was just stating what I have observed, time and again. Suppose YOU show a little charity! I insulted no one. Just stated what I saw happening repeatedly in Mr. Trump’s administration. Congress was determined NOT to work with him, no matter what.
Very well stated, good posting.

I think the media’s behaviour and the Democratic Party’s behaviour and that of their supporters over the last 4 years has divided the country to the point that it is never going to be business as usual again.

They have torn at the very fabric iof what America is and made it a hate crime in their own minds for those who defend it and even think in terms of nation states, let alone Christian nation states. That is not going to change nor be forgotten.

As it was always going to be, the Leftist party of fake tolerance and inclusion was always going to be destructive and America is now broken.

The media are elitist propagandists, the processes of government prostituted to the end that they command no respect and thus become unsupported authoritarians and we have a new religion foistered on the public of Left wing identity politics and a beaurocratic grievance industry blind to the goodness and fairness of capitalism but which feeds off it creating an all powerful theiving state so that more Joe Bidens and co. can make millions from tax payers funds transferred to far away places like Ukraine and Iraq and where Americans are robbed of their right to be put first by their own government ahead of countries like China who buy off politicians in favour of their desires over American needs.

Yet still there are people who will tell you this is normal, to be supported and God help us, the moral path.

This last belief is where there cannot be reconciliation going forward. The dividing lines have been forever set. They are moral dividing lines and they have been set by the Left.

I will also briefly mention that our church’s complicity in this will not go without consequences.

Last edited:
Excellent post!🙌 Your comments brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart because what you wrote is a perfect depiction of the trauma we have suffered through the past four years It has been exhausting and to think that the culmination of the actions from the left have resulted in this election chaos just adds to the pain.

Last edited:
As of two hours ago, Trump is insisting, in all caps, on his Twitter that he won the election and that its all a scam. I know many (but not all) Trump supporters will believe him and be behind him…so where does the US go from here?

Could be a lot of ways. Trump is probably the one man in this country that could gather an army of volunteers to go to war for him. I don’t know if he has the stomach for that kind of thing though. Most likely Trump throws a fit on Twitter, doesn’t go to Biden’s inauguration, and plays golf the rest of his life

Ultimately maybe it should come down to what that one soldier said in All Quiet on the Western Front about rulers who begin wars. Put them in a ring stripped to their underwear and let them fight it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back