Hugo Chavez, fiery Venezuelan leader, dies at 58

• Thread starter Thread starter scipio337
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet somehow they conflict with facts.
Oh, you got your computer to work and you DID see the graphs. So which graphs, in particular, have you decided are “somehow conflicting” with your “facts.”

You can dismiss facts all you want to promote your erroneous conclusions. I also have yet to hear a word about our Church, warning against Capitalism as well as Communism.

Computers are fantastic but I can’t read it to you.
Just show me where I *blamed * FOX.

I wrote about the possible consequences of posting uncharitable and often intentionally hurtful messages about the death of a man.

I did not, at any point attribute this to FOX.

I did say that I dreaded a similar statement on wider media outlets and I used FOX becasue of its past history of their pundits issuing inflamatory statements.

Not blame.

Dread.

Yet still no answer to my question.
I had to scroll back to see which question of yours I supposedly missed. You mean, where the guardian website got its facts?

I assumed once you accessed the site you would SEE it right at the bottom. I am cutting and pasting it below, in case your computer comes up with another glitch.
Sources: World Bank, UNHCR, Reuters, OPEC, EIA, IMF, UNODC and INE >>

Oh, you got your computer to work and you DID see the graphs. So which graphs, in particular, have you decided are “somehow conflicting” with your “facts.”

You can dismiss facts all you want to promote your erroneous conclusions. I also have yet to hear a word about our Church, warning against Capitalism as well as Communism.
I asked simple question, who provided the numbers for the unemployment rates.

Another conflicting issue, while Venezuela claims the poverty rate has dropped by nearly half under Chavez, the murder rate more than doubled - as did most other violent crimes. A conflict of statistics that has never been seen in another country.

Perhaps crime pays?

Just show me where I *blamed * FOX.

I wrote about the possible consequences of posting uncharitable and often intentionally hurtful messages about the death of a man.

I did not, at any point attribute this to FOX.
Actually you did, in an almost comical fashion.

I asked simple question, who provided the numbers for the unemployment rates.

Another conflicting issue, while Venezuela claims the poverty rate has dropped by nearly half under Chavez, the murder rate more than doubled - as did most other violent crimes. A conflict of statistics that has never been seen in another country.

Perhaps crime pays?
And I answered it, post #120. This is getting ridiculous.
I don’t know if I have to keep repeating myself. I can cut and paste some of my other posts if that’s what it takes.

Bottom line… things, especially politics, are not black and white as you seem to think.

Hugo Chavez wasn’t the Devil incarnate for Venezuela. And, he didn’t usher in a perfect society, either. Guess what? Neither did George W. Bush or our current president Obama. We can go back and forth like this, but it’s pointless.

The man died, just pray for his soul. Or, if you don’t want to pray for his soul, that’s okay. Just quit baiting people.

Not really seeing your point - that seems to say the teachings of the church have bugger all to do with manifest destiny… which is what I thought - is that what you’re saying? 😃
Perhaps you and I read different answers.:confused:🤷

I suggest that other readers click the link and read the advice of a wise man, rather than take your interpretation on face value.👍

Perhaps you and I read different answers.:confused:🤷

I suggest that other readers click the link and read the advice of a wise man, rather than take your interpretation on face value.👍
Thanks. I read

"**Hi,

The term “manifest destiny” comes from politics–not religion. The Catholic Church ministers to people from all nations. It certainly does NOT teach that the United States has a right to absorb the other countries located on the North American continent.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P. **"

You will notice it says It certainly does NOT teach that the United States has a right to absorb the other countries located on the North American continent.

and not It certainly does teach that the United States does NOT have the right to absorb the other countries located on the North American continent.

Manifest destiny is one of the multitude of partisan political ideas in the world that the church does NOT teach, should not teach, would not teach, does not endorse.

It would lead to chaos if we started inferring the position of the church on each political concept it fails to endorse, because it stays out of it.

I am searching for the difference between the evil that was “make the world England” and Manifest Destiny.

All I can find is time plus place. But it seems the sme at its root.

There is only one Holy Land.

Better tell Mr. Obama. He says we are in a recovery. And so do those who voted him in. 😉

Like the Venezuelans, we got what we voted for. :o
You are closer to him. So be my guess. 🙂

But I am not sure if it’s his fault or all his fault. Actually he is right. America is in a recovery but a sluggish one.

I am searching for the difference between the evil that was “make the world England” and Manifest Destiny.

All I can find is time plus place. But it seems the sme at its root.

There is only one Holy Land.
The primary advantage of the fulfilment of MD for those who would want it, would be a political system and economy (relatively) responsive to the needs of its people, codified individual rights and freedoms most of the world cannot dream of, and popular and democratic control and defence of those rights eroding more slowly than in most places - probably due to the placement of sovereignty and power in the hands of the individual by the greatest and most considered political philosophers the world has yet seen, combined (quite by accident)with certain capitalistic values that have historically made (again quite by accident 🙂 ) the models of serfdom used by feudal and communist systems nigh on impossible by necessitating continued emphatic assertion of personal property rights.

All things which are much taken for granted, or scorned for their inadequacy or permissiveness inasmuch as the USA has them, but all of which exist in the USA at levels most people in the world can only dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back