Hugo Chavez, fiery Venezuelan leader, dies at 58

• Thread starter Thread starter scipio337
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not “modernisation” that one should fear but the sort of irresponsible mismanagement of short-term profiteering and asset stripping that one, on behalf of their electorate (their resouces after all) that one should be wary of.

BP anyone?

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon move…our neighbors in Mexico pulled something similar decades ago. It hasn’t work out too well though…their oil industry has been struggling for years because of lack of modernization.

I’m certainly not one to give the US a free pass on foreign affairs, but in this case I don’t see where any foul was committed.
I would also add that it was not just from American companies that Chavez stole. He was an equal opportunity thief.😃

How does a Venezulan steal Venezulan oil from a non-Venezulan?:confused:
When said non-Venezulan company pays for oil rights and works out a profit sharing plan with the Venezuelan, then invests billions in infrastructure, then the Venezulan says get out of our country and leave everything here!:eek:

When said non-Venezulan company pays for oil rights and works out a profit sharing plan with the Venezuelan, then invests billions in infrastructure, then the Venezulan says get out of our country and leave everything here!:eek:
Sorry but seems like economic imperialism and funny games that he, as newly elected and unconnected to previous deals, decided to recind.

You seem to be having your own problem with banker/such rip off artists at home in the US.

You have my support

I have travelled Europe extensiveley and as aconsequence of my job, I talk to a lot of people.

Europeans do not hate Americans by and large. Some do. Some hate Albanians. Some just hate.

But judging by your film industry and media, it seems you as a people are being fed a siege mentality.

It is a lie.

Hollywood makes villains with European accents (German, English etc). And that divides us. Why is anti-catholicism stilll the last permissable prejudice in both the UK and the US?

Xenophobia.

And it remains even after

One might swim a Tiber and rather it was a Mississipps, no?
If you had read my posts you would know that I HAVE been to Europe and met many Europeons and I watch English TV shows I have to say I saw alot of hate Americia.
My distaste is not for Europeans per say, I have a thing for people attacking my country
for imagined slights. You know, your arguing with your brother and a friend or neighbor
jumps in.
As far as films go, don’t tell me, tell hollywood. BTW, the reason hollywood uses European
villians is because it is not PC to show third world villians.
I love my catholic brothers and sister where ever they may be. I also have no problem with Rome being in Europe, what I do object too, is my country being attacked unfairly.
An attack on my country is an attack on me.

Sorry but seems like economic imperialism and funny games that he, as newly elected and unconnected to previous deals, decided to recind.

You seem to be having your own problem with banker/such rip off artists at home in the US.

You have my support
I hardly need your support. You, in Italy, are in far worse shape than the US.

BTW, it wasn’t just oil companies. Then again you may agree with theft.🤷

2007 On May 1, 2007, Venezuela stripped the world’s biggest oil companies of operational control over massive Orinoco Belt crude projects, a controversial component in President Hugo Chávez’s nationalization drive.
  • 2008 On April 3, 2008, President Hugo Chávez ordered the nationalization of the cement industry.[38]
  • 2008 On April 9, 2008, Hugo Chávez ordered the nationalization of Venezuelan steel mill Sidor, in which Luxembourg-based Ternium currently holds a 60% stake. Sidor employees and the Government hold a 20% stake respectively.[39]
  • 2008 On August 19, 2008, Hugo Chávez ordered the take-over of a cement plant owned and operated by Cemex, an international cement producer. While shares of Cemex fell on the New York Stock Exchange, the cement plant comprises only about 5% of the company’s business, and is not expected to adversely affect the company’s ability to produce in other markets. Chávez has been looking to nationalize the concrete and steel industries of his country to meet home building and infrastructure goals.[40]
  • 2009 On February 28, 2009, Hugo Chávez ordered the army to take over all rice processing and packaging plants.[41]
  • 2010 On January 20, 2010, Hugo Chávez signed an ordinance to nationalize six supermarkets in Venezuela under the system of retail stores of a French company because of increasing price and speculation hoarding illicit.[42]
  • 2010 On June 24, 2010, Venezuela announced the intention to nationalize oil drilling rigs belonging to the U.S. company Helmerich & Payne.[43]
  • 2010 On October 25, 2010, Chávez announced that the government was nationalizing two U.S.-owned Owens-Illinois glass-manufacturing plants.[44]
  • 2010 On October 31, 2010, Venezuelan President Hugo

This is just silly, did you really just say this?

By your logic every treaty between nations is void because of elections!🤷

No. You didn’t ask a ‘simple question’ about the graphs.

You repeatedly ‘played dumb’ as to how to see the graphs, said you couldn’t access the link, then when it was obviously working, .
The link still doesn’t work. But I guess I should believe you instead of my own eyes.

Why does such a simple question cause you such anguish?

You have my support
And someone said I was trolling. :rolleyes:

Left, right and centre?
Are you taking the **** here?

The only non-Jewish/zionist publication you listed in your post above appears to be Forbes (and even then it’s not clear if Forbes is a Jewish/zionist supporting publication).

The rest of the links are either Jewish publications or owned by Jewish publishers.
The Tablet 😃

Are you a Jew?

This sort of idealism is, however well intended, quite inaccurate and runs contrary to the facts that I have encountered.

America, for all of its qualities, is NOT a Utopia and neither is its constitution , however noble (and unrealised) it may be.

It is just a country. Like any other.

Better than many but not in EVERYTHING

. And certainly not perfect.
Nothing inaccurate about it, no idealism, no paucity of factual bases or understanding in what I say, no suggestion the USA is perfect, and all qualified at the end by “however much we might criticize it, it’s still better than what most people have got”.

Like the apologetic answer you linked which doesn’t quite say what you think it does - I ask genuinely without snark - am I to assume a language barrier my friend? 🙂

Admandinejad called Chavez a saint and Jesus-like. Chavez taught us about following Jesus in deed not just in word. He helped the poor live a better life. He followed Jesus preaching to the deed, not just the word. Chavez helped the poor eat and have a house. He even gave them healthcare. Just like it was said in the Bible “whatever you have not done to the least you have done to me.” So Chavez took these verses seriously and fed the hungry, clothed the naked, housed the homeless. All these so called Christians in America go to church and do nothing that Jesus said to do. They will not achieve Heaven. Chavez will.

Admandinejad: :palm face:

Admandinejad called Chavez a saint and Jesus-like. Chavez taught us about following Jesus in deed not just in word. He helped the poor live a better life. He followed Jesus preaching to the deed, not just the word. Chavez helped the poor eat and have a house. He even gave them healthcare. Just like it was said in the Bible “whatever you have not done to the least you have done to me.” So Chavez took these verses seriously and fed the hungry, clothed the naked, housed the homeless. All these so called Christians in America go to church and do nothing that Jesus said to do. They will not achieve Heaven. Chavez will.

Admandinejad: :palm face:
Well, the sum of all the good things and bad things that Chavez did in his life will be equated and judged upon by God.

I’ve no doubt that Chavez did a lot of good in his life.

What interests me is the reaction of the American gloaters here.

None of the American gloaters have had any direct contact with Chavez.
It is reasonable to assume that none of them have been directly affected by Chavez policy.
It is highly probable that they have had no direct contact with anyone who has been affected, affected positively or negatively, by Chavez policy.

Yet, yet when the death of a person who had no direct or indirect bearing on them was announced, the American gloaters here couldn’t help themselves.

He was a dictator. So was Hitler and Stalin and Lenin.

Not saying anything else :rolleyes:

“however much we might criticize it, it’s still better than what most people have got”.
Yes, but if what you consider “better” is not to our liking as a whole, then you respect our freedom to live a non-American way, right?

Well, the sum of all the good things and bad things that Chavez did in his life will be equated and judged upon by God.

I’ve no doubt that Chavez did a lot of good in his life.

What interests me is the reaction of the American gloaters here.

None of the American gloaters have had any direct contact with Chavez.
It is reasonable to assume that none of them have been directly affected by Chavez policy.
It is highly probable that they have had no direct contact with anyone who has been affected, affected positively or negatively, by Chavez policy.

Yet, yet when the death of a person who had no direct or indirect bearing on them was announced, the American gloaters here couldn’t help themselves.
What amazes me is the hatred you seem to have for Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back