'If gays don't like it, they can choose another pasta': Barilla pasta faces global boycott after chairman says brand would never feature a homosexual

• Thread starter Thread starter SeanF1989
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you can contact a number of Disney executives by going to this link:

thewaltdisneycompany.com/about-disney/leadership/management

I would start with the Chairman of the Board and the President (CEO).

Have people in your parish sign a petition to stop Disney from using SSC in any of their shows and/or advertising, and mail it to the President and Chairman. Start a petition in your neighborhoods and schools. Hopefully, Disney will get the message.

Legally, in the United States, they cannot discriminate against people for employment just because they are gay, but they can choose who they allow on their shows and in their advertisements.

Just think how much difference it would make to Disney executives if people from all over the world were taking this stance! I think they would listen and act appropriately. The bottom line ($$$) is what they are primarily concerned with. If people stop watching their shows, going to Disney World, and buying their products, it will really hit them hard!

:grouphug: Our fight for right is accomplished by our numbers.
This is kind of off topic for this thread, and if anyone wants to write anymore about this subject, then a new thread should be started. But I remember the Southern Baptists did this in the 90s. They had imposed a ban that lasted 8 years.
nytimes.com/1997/06/19/us/southern-baptist-convention-calls-for-boycott-of-disney.html

This is kind of off topic for this thread, and if anyone wants to write anymore about this subject, then a new thread should be started. But I remember the Southern Baptists did this in the 90s. They had imposed a ban that lasted 8 years.
nytimes.com/1997/06/19/us/southern-baptist-convention-calls-for-boycott-of-disney.html
And Disney hardly noticed. I have a shelf full of Barilla pasta in my pantry, and will buy even more on my next trip to the grocery store; they are collecting for my local food bank next week at my parish. :rolleyes:

Good for them! Glad to see they aren’t afraid to stand up for what is right and not be pushed around by “the agenda”. I like Barilla products, and like many of you we will be buying more of it. 👍

I followed the advice of the Starbucks CEO …since I didn’t agree with SSM, I followed his wishes and purchase coffee elsewhere. Not going to impact their sales really, but at least I’m not supporting it.

I find it ironic that these people in favor of SSM support the Starbucks thing but not Barilla or CFA stance …its the same thing. Standing up for what you believe it.

Bottom line, its not about “tolerance” and “acceptance” of persons, its more about pushing you to agree with their choice of sinful lifestyle. That’s the one thing they can not do and it makes them mad. It can be put in my face, but I will NOT agree with it …ever! 🙂
Starbucks coffee is so meh.

I go to the locally-owned bakery and coffee shop. Theirs is cheaper for a larger cup, plus they have like 8 coffee selections versus Starbucks’s two or three.

Coincidentally, I just finished sending an email off to several people over at Disney Channel for their decision to add a same sex couple to their show “Good Luck Charlie”. Sadly this is one of my Daughters favorite shows, followed by “Dog with a Blog”. We have enjoyed Disney shows and their products, and I had always felt it a “family brand” I could trust. A station I don’t have to constantly monitor or worry about what agenda might be pushed onto my kid.

I know we can’t stop this “progress”, but we don’t have to participate or be subjected to it either.

Also, coincidentally, I am going grocery shopping tonight. Thank you for making which pasta brand I buy an easy decision.
Went to very basic cable in ~ 2000 to get rid of the Disney channel (and the other ‘kids’ networks). Too many of their shows portraying the parents as clueless idiots, while the kids were portrayed as smarter and brighter than the adults around them. Seemed to undercut authority… never regretted it.

Went to very basic cable in ~ 2000 to get rid of the Disney channel (and the other ‘kids’ networks). Too many of their shows portraying the parents as clueless idiots, while the kids were portrayed as smarter and brighter than the adults around them. Seemed to undercut authority… never regretted it.
They also seem to always portray white businessmen as bad guys quite often. I remember hearing a commentary about that on TV once.

Sad to say Disney is not a family brand any longer. You want some good shows for your kids there are some on EWTN, one called Faith Factory, The Nashville Dominicans have some good shows where they teach kids the Faith at their age level. There is also a fun show called The Donut Man. There are also no doubt others.Check them out. On EWTN.COM.🙂
My 3 year old likes “Cat Chat” on EWTN, and did even when she was two, although she didn’t get it at all, but liked Moses the Cat and the songs they sing.

Sad to say Disney is not a family brand any longer. You want some good shows for your kids there are some on EWTN, one called Faith Factory, The Nashville Dominicans have some good shows where they teach kids the Faith at their age level. There is also a fun show called The Donut Man. There are also no doubt others.Check them out. On EWTN.COM.🙂
My 3 year old likes “Cat Chat” on EWTN, and did even when she was two, although she didn’t get it at all, but liked Moses the Cat and the songs they sing.
I read about on another board I frequent, where they are all up in arms whining and calling to put them out of business.
Are you a member on muellerspasta.com too? I thought I was the only one.

They tried to boycott Chick-fil-a, and it didn’t work.
That is an opinion based on the sales of a handful of stores. Nationally, they took a whopper of a hit. Their brand-index score plummeted 40% and they announced that they would no longer fund anti-gay groups and would stay out of political issues. I think thats a pretty successful result.

That is an opinion based on the sales of a handful of stores. Nationally, they took a whopper of a hit. Their brand-index score plummeted 40% and they announced that they would no longer fund anti-gay groups and would stay out of political issues. I think thats a pretty successful result.
That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

What really matters:
Chick-fil-A keeps growing despite uproar
Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy’s controversial comments on “biblical” marriage last summer and the uproar that followed didn’t dampen the Atlanta company’s annual sales.
The fast food giant, the nation’s second-largest chicken chain, ended 2012 with $4.6 billion in sales — up 14 percent from $4.1 billion a year earlier. The company also opened 96 news stores, four more than the year before.
You may want to research your “whopper of a hit” claim.

Guido Barilla Apologizes

To all those who have been offended, including the thousands of employees and partners who work with Barilla around the world, I apologize for and regret my insensitive comments. I understand that they were hurtful and they are not a genuine view of my opinion. more]

What brought up the subject of featuring Gays in ads? What he asked point blank? :confused:

You claimed there was a national impact on sales. There wasn’t - at least not a negative one.
Actually I didn’t. You just made it appear that way by truncating what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back