Info on SDA

• Thread starter Thread starter gitsch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re very welcome. If it wasn’t for apologetics we would have no answers or explanations of things we may not truly understand. Sorry to say but apologetics is a necessity for useful dialogue. Or don’t you believe that either?

PAX DOMINI :signofcross:

Shalom Aleichem
Having “an answer” is not always THE answer.

All I know is that after many years of searching through all the various religions and Christian denominations ( approximately 30,000 of them ) I find that only one ( which sadly has split into a few, but all valid and licit ) has the same truth taught by Jesus and the Apostles and has been teaching it for 2000 years without change, modification, or alteration. That is the CATHOLIC CHURCH! It took me almost 30 years to realize it, but thanks to the pushing and prodding of the Holy Spirit, I finally did come home.
Because of the Eucharistic issue, I agree with you.
Since it happened to me, I know it will happen to Richard, Protestant 101, and the other SDA sooner or later with the pushing, prodding, and guidance of the Holy Spirit. I just hope they listen and that it doesn’t take as long for them as it did for me to come to the realization that Jesus’ complete and full truth lies only in the Catholic Church, the ONLY Church that Jesus founded.
Amen. :amen:

If this were true there would not have been a protestant movement.
The fact that Jim Jones broke away from mainstream Protestantism doesn’t give his theological views more credence. Breaking away from the mother church didn’t make Martin Luther’s opinions true. In Ellen White’s case, she was filled with false prophesies and heresies.

The gates of hell will not prevail.

It’s a memorial of creation. God did not create the world in eight days. He created it in seven days.
He didn’t create the world in seven days. He created it in six days. The only thing He created on the seventh day was the day itself.

Gen.2
2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The word for rested in Gen.2:3 is shabath. So the only thing God created on the seventh day was the Sabbath and Jesus said “The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:” Mark 2:27 Doesn’t say anything about Jews here.
His creation had to stop somewhere. For you to hypothesize that since it only took God seven days to create the world that that means that it’s His order for Christians to worship Him only on Saturday is a classic SDA cult teaching.
No it’s a classic bible teaching and a teaching of Jesus. See Mark 2:27 above.

God blessed the seventh day and made it for man at creation. If you don’t accept this you don’t accept the teachings of Jesus.
Exactly who did God order to worship Him on Saturday? The Lord ordered the Jews to keep the Saturday sabbath after He rescued them from slavery in Egypt. Here are His words**:**
Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the [Saturday] Sabbath day. (Deut. 5:15)
So, yu are saying that the ten commandments are only for the Jews or just the 4th commandment?
When Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, His Apostles began celebrating His resurrection on that day**:**
There is no indication of this in the bible.
  1. The Sunday resurrection is a celebration of eternal life and eternal rest in Jesus.
That’s fine if you want to celebrate this, but the Sabbath commandment is one of God’s eternal laws.Ex.31:16Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Who are the children of Israel?

Romans 9:6-8 “Not as though the word of God has taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall your seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”
  1. The Saturday sabbath is a sign of God rescuing Jews from slavery in Egypt.
It is also a sign that we belong to Jesus and it is Him who sanctifies us.
13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
  1. Jesus rescued us from death on Sunday.
Jesus rescued us from death at the instant of His death, which was on Friday.
  1. God rescued Jews from slavery on Saturday.
We don’t know on which day He rescued them from Egypt. From my reading of Exodus it appears to be a long process. The quote in Deu.5:15 is showing that it is God that saves us and only God that saves all of us.
Put your trust in Jesus and not what day of the week it is.
Absolutely! “And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:” Mark2:27

oh yes… abraham issac and jacob, were not commanded to keep the sabbath either. please show me one passage that says that all three were commanded to keep it. i submit, that the commandment to keep the sabbath was not given until it was given to the hebrews by moses. noah also was not commanded to keep it. nor was he given any dietary restrictions. except that he could not eat the blood of the animal…hmmm. sounds kinda like what the apostle said in acts. interesting. who would have figured i could have so much fun in a war zone. God bless you all! you all are going to make my deployment go so much faster. before you know it, i will be having my discussions with you from hawaii again! thx. love you folks. Peace 🙂
Genesis 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

lol! not a problem my friend. show me one verse that shows adam and eve kept the sabbath, or were commanded to do so. the commandments that God gave them were these. to be fruitful and multiply. also they could eat of any tree in the garden,except the tree of knowledge of good and evil. it appears, that God would enter the garden in a special way, in the cool of the evening. every evening. they had full communion with their Creator. this is similar to the early Church to present of Catholics holding mass every single day of the week! God walks with us daily. he has in a very real sense restored to a great degree our communion with him that adam and eve shared. he enters in a special way, in the Eucharist to be with his people. body blood soul and divinity of Christ are with us at that time. have you not read?
Gen.4: 6And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. What is sin Ben? (clue) 1Jn.3:4
there remains A sabbath day for the people of God. but it is not a specific day,
This is probably one of the most egregious wrestings of scripture that I have seen on this forum by Catholics to date and I have seen some beauts. Here is Heb.4 1-10 in its entirety. You will notice that it never even implies that the day has been changed. Quite the contrary it affirms the seventh day Sabbath of the old tetament. Even the phrase that you plucked completely out of context states that the Sabbath remains

Heb.4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest (His Sabbath), any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, (Sabbath) as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my **rest (Sabbath): **although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did **rest (Sabbath) the seventh day from all his works. ** (Gen.2:3)
5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest (Sabbath).
6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. (If He had changed the day wouldn’t He have said something)
9There remaineth therefore a rest (Sabbath) to the people of God. (Spiritual Israel)
10For he that is entered into his rest (Sabbath), he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest (Sabbath), lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Notice v.2 says “2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them” What gospel do you think that was Ben?

What this is saying is that the seventh day Sabbath of the otd testament is still alive and well and Jesus did not change it and we can only enter into that rest (sabbath) THROUGH FAITH.

How do you account for all the false prophecies of your leader? If Ellen White gave a false prophecy about the Second Coming, yet you still believe in her heretical teachings, to include the observance of the Jewish Saturday sabbath, even though the Christians weren’t slaves in Egypt.

Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the [Saturday] Sabbath day. (Deut. 5:15)

Ellen White made a false prophecy about the Second Coming of Christ when she told her followers that they would not die and that they would be “translated” at Christ’s Second Coming. It was a false prophecy and all of Ellen White’s followers are now dead.

Ellen White was a false prophetess. :tsktsk:

It would be interesting to know if Ellen White is in heaven or hell. On the one hand, she admitted that Jesus is Lord, but so do the demons. On the other hand, she was crazy and she had a lot of false prophecies (aka lies) and she advocated strange non-biblical teachings, such as vegetarianism.

Question for SDA members:Why is it that your religion forbids members to wear jewelries,but would allow them to purchase Louis Vitton,Prada etc products e.g. handbag.I know members that do this.Also,I attended yesterday an SDA wedding,where the guests were forbidden to wear jewelries.The pastor even confiscated the wedding rings of the couple being married and hid them under his table.He told them that the Bible is the only gift that a couple can possess,not the rings .BTW,an SDA friend of mine,is exploring Catholicism .He stop going to his church for quite sometime now and felt that he is finally liberated and is deprogramming himself from being brainwashed by his pastor and his parents ,about Catholicsm,thru research.

William Miller was not an Adventist but I would like to know what influencial Adventist leader was a 32nd degree mason. Please also note the source.
Fair enough. Joseph Bates. whom E.G. White writes saying our dear friend Joseph Bates. a fine christian and a mason. Joseph Bates was very influential in E.G. Whites views of the sabbath. also if it were not for him, i seriously doubt the whites would have begun keeping the sabbath. it was after the great dissapointment, that he brought her his study and views of the sabbath, and shortly thereafter, they began keeping it. funny too, how her vision of the sabbath, cooincided with his writings. much is written on this man on the web. if you want, im sure there are books written too. if we cannot trust the web. apparently E.G. White had no problem with him being a mason. if we can go by some of the letters she wrote. just google Joseph bates. you will find independent info, as well as pro and con. it is a historical fact tho, that william miller, and one of the Chief influences over the Whites, Joseph bates, were both 32nd degree masons. Peace 🙂

Genesis 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
and he did! you are so correct! he left his homeland and went where God told him to go. he went so far as to attempt to sacrifice issac. but the command to KEEP THE SABBATH, had not been given. your arguments are getting thinner, and thinner. you cannot show one passage prior to the giving of the law to the israelites, that it was commanded to keep the sabbath. not one. keep trying though. im enjoying this. Peace 🙂

LOL, thanks for the “hug”

Most apologists are self appointed and do not always speak authoritatively. Your questions have not gone unanswered before elsewhere on the CA Forums.

I have presented some questions and points about the Sabbath that have been met with silence so far here; especially about the dateline argument given by such fine apologists as yourself. Maybe you could look this up and give us an answer; thereby proving how Biblical Roman Catholic “apologetics” really are?
sorry to dissapoint, i only have a high school edumacation…😃 im no apologist. i only play one on t.v. lol! perhaps i have missed the question tho, that you are getting silence on. are you asking for a timeline, when the Church started to meet on the Lords Day instead of the Sabbath? will try to find you an answer for this. and im not saying that the Adventist have not answered my questions, im honestly just asking a new set of questions, that yall seem to have trouble answering. im actually finding it amusing. i always appreciate your responses. one thing though. if i seem to be a little short, its because im on a public computer, in our mwr. it stinks. i can get called away in the blink of an eye…that sounds to much like the rapture… anyhow. if my answers get screwed up. thats why. Peace 🙂

You know as well as I know that there were no Adventist writers prior to the SDA Church’s founding. Noone has claimed that Adventists could trace their history back to Creation. We do however base our beliefs on God’s Word. We do not have to show succession in order to read and follow God’s Word.
:eek: say what! really! we just had a poster not too long ago on this thread say yall could trace your lineage back to the time of Jesus and the apostles, if im not mistaken. and you say there were no writers prior to the SDA Churches, what?! founding did you say? thank you for you honesty. i for one really appreciate it. Peace to you and yours 🙂

still waiting… anybody tell me. all i want is ONE name of someone teaching SDA theology, during the revolutionary war. i pick this time era, because it is not to far removed from the events that brought this theology to light in the mid 1800s. Peace 🙂

Question for SDA members:Why is it that your religion forbids members to wear jewelries,but would allow them to purchase Louis Vitton,Prada etc products e.g. handbag.I know members that do this.Also,I attended yesterday an SDA wedding,where the guests were forbidden to wear jewelries.The pastor even confiscated the wedding rings of the couple being married and hid them under his table.He told them that the Bible is the only gift that a couple can possess,not the rings .BTW,an SDA friend of mine,is exploring Catholicism .He stop going to his church for quite sometime now and felt that he is finally liberated and is deprogramming himself from being brainwashed by his pastor and his parents ,about Catholicsm,thru research.
hello my friend. in all fairness, it is not only the Adventist that teach the no jewelry doctrine. conservative mennonites, amish, as well as other various fundamentalist branches teach the same. it would probably be interesting to ask why they let their women cut their hair since paul spoke against it… after all, “we only follow the bible” right? hope the rings were not too expensive! 😃 Peace 🙂

If this were true there would not have been a protestant movement. Martin Luther would not have felt the need to post his thesis. The long line of reformers who followed him would not have been impressed by the Holy Spirit to do so. If the Church stood where it did in the time of the Apostles the protestant movement would not have been sustainable.

Even if you discount the protestant movement, you need only look at the various Catholic Churches themselves to know that something must have changed. If there had been no change there would be no distinction between the Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches.
most of the differences are in the practice of the liturgy. in theology, there is very very very little difference. it has more to do with cultural factors, than anything else. also God is not a God of disorder. if the Holy Spirit would have been behind the reformation, you would have 1 reformation church. not 30000. maybe you would have 3 different branches of liberal conservative and orthodox, like the Jewish people, and we have the same 3 in Catholocism. but you wouldnt have 20000 different denominations. im being generous, i feel the 30000 number is too high. Peace 🙂

sorry to write so much. but i think most of you are in bed, when i am up. so i have to try to catch up, and respond. if i dont answer you. feel free to yell at me… everybody else does…😃 will check you fine folks out later. Peace 🙂

The fact that Jim Jones broke away from mainstream Protestantism doesn’t give his theological views more credence. Breaking away from the mother church didn’t make Martin Luther’s opinions true. In Ellen White’s case, she was filled with false prophesies and heresies.

The gates of hell will not prevail.
Ellen White has nothing to do with controlling the gates of hell…she believed, with all her heart, in Jesus, as BOTH Savior and Lord - just as do many Catholics, which she acknowledged in her writings… 🙂

most of the differences are in the practice of the liturgy. in theology, there is very very very little difference. it has more to do with cultural factors, than anything else. also God is not a God of disorder. if the Holy Spirit would have been behind the reformation, you would have 1 reformation church. not 30000. maybe you would have 3 different branches of liberal conservative and orthodox, like the Jewish people, and we have the same 3 in Catholocism. but you wouldnt have 20000 different denominations. im being generous, i feel the 30000 number is too high. Peace 🙂
Well; everytime some well-meaning Roman Catholic says how many denominations that Protestants “really” have, the number keeps changing with no evidence to support it, and without providing lists of the latest 100 even. I believe that kind of numbering would be called “embellishment.” 🙂

now, lets see what happens when we start counting all the Roman Catholic “rites.” Oh! Did I say denominations? (I am sorry…😉 ).

Well; everytime some well-meaning Roman Catholic says how many denominations that Protestants “really” have, the number keeps changing with no evidence to support it, and without providing lists of the latest 100 even. I believe that kind of numbering would be called “embellishment.” 🙂

now, lets see what happens when we start counting all the Roman Catholic “rites.” Oh! Did I say denominations? (I am sorry…😉 ).
actually my friend, i am somewhat in agreement with you, about the numbers game. i sometimes throw it out there tongue and cheek. but, the differences in the Catholic rites are more cultural and local. just as the practice in mexico, will be somewhat different than in say… russia or the u.s. different local holidays and the like. but theologically, no different. i can go to any country, any continent in the world. and i know what the readings are for the day, what the mass is about. and i can participate reguardless of language. it is truly the Church prophecied in malichi 1:11. from the rising of the sun unto its going down. the Lords name is truly great among the gentiles. and a clean oblation is made to His name. just as was promised. Peace to you and yours. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back