(
Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.) jack63:
Voting is a duty I’ll give to “Caesar”.
The way I think about it is the Jews were taxed, who knows where those taxes went. It was part of their duty to pay though to be a citizen. Voting is part of my duty as a citizen. I use my conscience, and make the best choice I can. It will never be perfect. I believe my country is better if I vote.
From our Bishops:
36. When all candidates hold a position that promotes an intrinsically evil act, the
conscientious voter faces a dilemma. The voter may decide to take the extraordinary step of not
voting for any candidate or, after careful deliberation, may decide to vote for the candidate
deemed less likely to advance such a morally flawed position and more likely to pursue other
authentic human goods
Yes…sometimes I vote for a third party that has no chance whatsoever of winning. Family and friends say I’m throwing away the vote. I don’t see it that way. Third party voting can be a powerful voice too. I mean in the last US election about 5% voted for a third party. Neither Donald nor Hillary got the majority.