Lawyers: We can't find parents of 545 kids separated by Trump administration

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the article about the Pope is two years old and then some. But I guess since election is near even old anti-Trump fake news will serve.

Trump offered a pathway to citizenship if the wall was built. One party rejected this.

One shouldn’t conflate the situation with the Dreamers with that of the children sequestered from the refugees.

They are two different issues.

One would also do well to remember a wall was supposed to be paid for by Mexico.

Not the US.

Not the same thing, but is anyone familiar with the “Great Arizona Child Abduction”?

I do feel bad for these children. What will happen to them?
Likely they’ll be sent to wherever their parents really are, if the children know. Possibly the adults (if any, many are unaccompanied) were not their parents. That seems to be frequently the case. Some of the “parents” are actually child traffickers.

Illegal Immigration hurts people. There is no “safe” illegal immigration. People die in the journey, people are trafficked, people are trained for sex, people are used as “mules” people are taken advantage of, people are smuggled trough Coyotes who abuse them in such a way that will make people cry. Children loose their parents, husbands loose their wives, many are killed.

Who does illegal immigration help?

Oh, and this is becoming the “news” while Biden scandal is being suppressed.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the harm they cause to the working poor of the nation they enter illegally

The fact that the capitalist class weaponize the displaced to bring down wages and maintain those low wages is not strictly the fault of immigrants.

Is entering countries without permission even strictly illegal? Most countries have a procedure for claiming asylum that already requires people to be in the country without any current permission. I know the UK and USA do at least. This is a genuine question, I’m not desperate to call for “open borders” or prove the legality of entering a country.

The fact that the capitalist class weaponize the displaced to bring down wages and maintain those low wages is not strictly the fault of immigrants.
It is proof that plenty of our elites hate us, and need to be replaced.

Is entering countries without permission even strictly illegal? Most countries have a procedure for claiming asylum that already requires people to be in the country without any current permission. I know the UK and USA do at least. This is a genuine question, I’m not desperate to call for “open borders” or prove the legality of entering a country.
Those are great questions that need need to be debated and come to a conclusion.

However, we do know this.

Illegal immigration hurts everyone. Why? Because the reasons I posted already and much more.

Incentivizing immigration makes people want to immigrate even more. Hey, lets go to America, where they give free healthcare, and food for immigrants.

But that is not what happens, and many, many people are taken advantage of.

Legal migration is the way to go. It is not perfect, but safer than illegal.

Last edited:
It is proof that plenty of our elites hate us, and need to be replaced.
I don’t think it has anything to do with malice. It has to do with the need to make a profit, and the fact that driving down the costs of production (especially wages) helps to maximize this profit. It’s integral to the logic of capital.
Those are great questions that need need to be debated and come to a conclusion.
@Rockoh22 Well there is a right or wrong answer, presumably. In terms of my own country I see a lot of hard posturing from the Home Office about lowering “illegal” immigration, but at the same time the government advertises their procedure for applying for asylum online, which already requires someone to have entered the country “illegally.” It seems like a contradiction, and I can’t help but feel that a lot of these migrants exist in a confusing position from a legal standpoint. I think this is deliberate - unregistered migrants provide a cheap source of labour that can easily be disposed of.

Last edited:
… and most of the crossers are not families with children. Most of them are young 20-something MEN and many of them criminals. There are some families and some children and some women… but primarily single, young men.

Does a nation have the right to establish borders? Does a nation have a right to determine who crosses those borders?
Legal migration is the way to go. It is not perfect, but safer than illegal.
Legal immigration (not migration - that’s what nomadic people do) is the only way to enter a country. Anything else is wrong and should not be tolerated. There is a legal process for seeking asylum, so a person should not have to enter a country illegally to seek it.

Legal immigration (not migration - that’s what nomadic people do) is the only way to enter a country. Anything else is wrong and should not be tolerated. There is a legal process for seeking asylum, so a person should not have to enter a country illegally to seek it.
hehe, Curse you autocorrect!!!

It is easier to blame the computer. lol

Last edited:
Asking for asylum or refugee status is legal.

And asylum sellers and refugees are permitted to work.

The crime if being undocumented is a misdemeanor. You don’t lose custody of your child over a misdemeanor offense.

Even when children are placed in foster care, parents are normally permitted visitation.

There is a legal process for seeking asylum, so a person should not have to enter a country illegally to seek it.
And that legal process explicitly states that you don’t have to enter the country with documentation to apply for asylum.

This is because most people who seek asylum are fleeing horrible persecution and violence. They can’t wait in their home country for the matter to be adjudicated (which takes years, in part because the government fights against every single claim - no matter how justified they are).

There are two sides to this issue: God’s side, or your favorite political party’s side. Only one is the Catholic way.

Also, our country managed to turn 545 kids into orphans because of a policy intended to be cruel. No one should find that acceptable. It’s a tragedy of the highest order.

I think it is (rhetorically) criminal to separate children from parents at the border and not have some system like at hospital delivery room where they give matching wristbands to mom and baby.

Of course they lost track of them. They knew they would. It’s a feature, not a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back