Lawyers: We can't find parents of 545 kids separated by Trump administration

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re ok with the US creating orphans, I don’t see how we can ever come to agreement.
I did like your comment, but I think you missed my point.

I said that it is not a good thing.

My point is that there are many factors to consider, which I know of and I pointed them out. How on earth are you to get a child to their parents, whom you thought where with him, when they are not his parents?

How can you unite children to parents who see a better life for the children in the US system than with them, and the parents disappear?

How can you unite children to their parents, when those children where used for sex trafficking and no one know where they are from?

In this instances, it is rightly so that the system can not find them.

That said, there are also logistical errors, and they need to be dealt with. we can not allow to separate children from their parents and then not get them united.

But think about this. 545 kids can not find their parents. Where are the Parents? Are the parents looking for them and there is no list? Something does not sound right.

I came to this forum thinking it was going to be theology-related.

It’s largely a few people just making threads bashing Donald Trump over and over.
LOL I see CAF as primarily a collection of Trump supporters yelling in an echo chamber.

And that renders them to be eligible to be put into cages, like little animals?
Not as a cheap shot, but due to that statement being emotionally charged, then lets get to where the emotions came from. The cages that were built by President Obama and Vice President Biden?

The answer to all of your questions: don’t separate kids from their parents in the first place.

If there is evidence that the parents are abusing, neglecting, or abandoning their kids, we already have a system for that: child protective services (different names, but every state has some form of it).

Where are the parents? They were deported. Many immigrants are fleeing persecution, so some of them were undoubtedly deported to their deaths. Yes. That happens every day (check out the story linked below). Others probably have no means to contact their kids in the US - if they are poor, illiterate, and a continent away, their options are not good.

Do we read the same forum? Because I see more people like you who don’t like Trump than those who do.

A Jewish advisor to the President? That Stephen Miller?
What does it matter if he is Jewish or not? He insisted on separating the children from the adults, be they parents or guardians. And now we cannot find those caretakers.
The cages that were built by President Obama and Vice President Biden?
What does it matter, who built them? It is pathetic to bring up the previous administrations every time the atrocities of the current one is mentioned.

No one blames Dubya’s presidency for the acts of Trump.

What does it matter if he is Jewish or not? He insisted on separating the children from the adults, be they parents or guardians. And now we cannot find those caretakers.
I’m not sure if that is what happened per the articles, that they were separated. Some might have come across on their own.

What does it matter, who built them? It is pathetic to bring up the previous administrations every time the atrocities of the current one is mentioned.
Why it matters? Simple. People now want to scream that Trump is the worst president because of the kids in cages. They want to vote Trump out of office because of the cages. But they want Biden as president, the VP when the cages where built.

If the opposing candidate would be some one different, then matters not. But Biden? He was there, he “built” the cages as well, no?

Why it matters? Simple. People now want to scream that Trump is the worst president because of the kids in cages. They want to vote Trump out of office because of the cages.
If you think that this the ONE and ONLY reason, you are sorely mistaken. It is just ONE example of the inhuman nature of the administration.

The answer to all of your questions: don’t separate kids from their parents in the first place.
When a group of adults with children are taken in to custody the children are separated for their safety. To presuppose that the adults are their parents, but what if they are not? Part of the challenge lies with a general lack of documentation for any of them - no passports or ID for adults or children.

How would you feel if your child was kidnapped, and when the kidnapper was apprehended rather than placing your child into protective custody he/she was required to stay with their kidnapper?

The toddlers wandering in the desert?
Children (under 18) do cross into the US. There is law to deal with these people, they are called Unaccompanied Minors. They are not supposed to be imprisoned, and are supposed to be treated with a greater degree of care than accompanied minors, or those over 18. The Trump Administration has largely abandoned this policy as well. Cruelty abounds.

When a group of adults with children are taken in to custody the children are separated for their safety.
In that case, the separation would be temporary. How long does it take to establish parentage? I can buy a DNA paternity test at CVS. That was never the purpose of this policy.

It was a bad policy. An unChristian policy. Just accept that.

Really? The toddlers wandering in the desert? Please, get real.
Cartel land? Drugs smuggled in that area that kill thousands of Americans every year? I don’t need to be told this.

How would you feel if your child was kidnapped, and when the kidnapper was apprehended rather than placing your child into protective custody he/she was required to stay with their kidnapper?
This is getting more and more bizarre. Now those “brown skinned” people are not just rapists and murderers, but also kidnappers.

It’s already been posted in this thread and from mainstream sources like USA Today and CBS that children have been used for drug smuggling
And that is a good justification to separate the children from the adults, who MIGHT not be the parents, and keep them in cages? Is that the good, loving, caring Christian behavior? But I forget, those children are already BORN, so their fate is not as relevant as the those who have not been born yet.

What do you think should be done with these children now? They cannot be reunited with their parents.

When parents commit crimes in the US, they may have to go to prison.
Coming to the US without permission is a MISDEMEANOR, not punishable by imprisonment. No matter how hard you try to whitewash this procedure, the aim was to discourage the people to seek asylum. And the separation is cruel. But again, who cares about BORN children?
There is no telling what sort of nefarious reason you have for committing such a crime the very instant you walk onto US land.
“No telling”: you say? Indeed no telling, not even a reasonable suspicion, not even unreasonable suspicion. What happened to the principle of innocent until proven guilty?

Y’all are incredible in your efforts to justify the separation of children from their parents, or relatives, or guardians or companions. Christians? Bah, humbug!
This is the unfortunate result of crime: those who perpetrate it can make their own children suffer needlessly.
You mean Stephen Miller? Is that the new meaning of “MILLER TIME”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back