Lawyers: We can't find parents of 545 kids separated by Trump administration

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they lost track of them. They knew they would. It’s a feature, not a bug.
I’m not sure they knew they would, but I am sure they didn’t (don’t) care.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Also, our country managed to turn 545 kids into orphans because of a policy intended to be cruel.
We really don’t know the details, do we? How many of these children were not actually traveling with their parents, but were being trafficked or some other issue? Thousands of children come in to the country illegally but are not abandoned at an ICE facility.

You do have to enter through a legal port of entry however. You can’t sneak around it through the desert.
No you don’t. The Immigration and Nationality Act states this explicitly as well:

“Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable”

Emphasis added.

Trump has tried to redefine this, but the law is as clear as can be.

We - the U.S. - do not create them. These children were brought to the U.S. illegally. Blame the parents or the coyotes but not the U.S.
The US is the body that separated the kids from their parents, and then lost track of them. All because of a policy that served no purpose except political rhetoric.

That’s like blaming a drunk woman for her own rape. Maybe she shouldn’t have been drunk, but that hardly excuses the behavior of the rapist.

The US could have treated these children with care and dignity, but it decided not to.

Guess they shouldn’t have brought their children into a foreign country illegally
Guess those who took their children away from them were applying an extremely incommensurate punishment for the infraction and should themselves be put in prison for crimes against humanity.

Also, even if they doubted if the children actually belonged to them, there was no excuse for not keeping adequate records to facilitate an eventual reunion.

Last edited:
Is this actually true? The US separated them?? I’m not sure if the families were together in the first place.

I don’t know if that is actually proven true. Hey, we’ve seen more figures that fentanyl brought in from Mexico and other ports of entry kills thousands of Americans.

Your language seems to be hyperbole.

We all know, drug is trafficked in.

Even CBS reports this:

More and more of these stories.

Last edited:
It is true.

From the article in the OP:

The Trump administration instituted a “zero tolerance” policy in 2018 that separated migrant children and parents at the southern U.S. border. The administration later confirmed that it had actually begun separating families in 2017 along some parts of the border under a pilot program. The ACLU and other pro-bono law firms were tasked with finding the members of families separated during the pilot program.

40.png
billsherman:
The US is the body that separated the kids from their parents, and then lost track of them. All because of a policy that served no purpose except political rhetoric.
Is this actually true? The US separated them?? I’m not sure if the families were together in the first place.
Many of the 545 came as infants. That is why finding their parents is so difficult. They don’t even remember their parents’ names.
Guess those who took their children away from them were applying an extremely incommensurate punishment for the infraction and should themselves be put in prison for crimes against humanity.

Also, even if they doubted if the children actually belonged to them, there was no excuse for not keeping adequate records to facilitate an eventual reunion.
I don’t know if that is actually proven true.
Of course. If the data is inconvenient, deny the data.

abandoned by the adults who brought them here.
Abandoned because the parents were deported without their children due to a US policy.

Sorry sir, but your attempts to blame everyone for the actions of the US except the US won’t get anywhere. Even the federal judge overseeing this case disagrees with you. As does the Church.

Last edited:
I think it is (rhetorically) criminal to separate children from parents at the border and not have some system like at hospital delivery room where they give matching wristbands to mom and baby.

Of course they lost track of them. They knew they would. It’s a feature, not a bug.
This article seem to miss many situations.

Where this children really with their parents? Or where they used as a prop to get trough? Happens a lot.

Did the parents leave because they knew that they will not make it and thus trust the American system over what they had? That happens a lot as well

This is not a good thing. The problem many seem to forget is that many of not most of this children are abused, molested, used as a prop, used as mules, used for trafficking and a lot more.

This is not a Trump situation. Obama did this, no one cared. Now that Trump is in power, many say they care. As soon as Biden gets elected, will people care? I know it is a rhetorical question, but it is what I see.

Oh but the children!!! where where you when it started?

I had a guy do a job for me a few months ago, he told me his story. From South America, came illegally and was put on the cages people talk about. He says how they where treated, and suffice to say, it was not good. He was in those cages under Obama.

He was telling me that no one cared, and he was broken hearted for it. He does not blame Trump for it, he told me he is voting for Trump. I was surprised.

He also told me of the atrocities that are committed in illegal immigration.

I found this paragraph in the story to be telling:
Via Twitter, a DHS spokesperson said, “This narrative has been dispelled. In the current litigation, for example, out of the parents of 485 children whom Plaintiffs’ counsel has been able to contact, they’ve yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin.”

where where you when it started?
I’ve consistently opposed American immigration policy since the 80s. Obama’s policy (particularly in his first term), was awful. Trump’s is even worse, but only by degree, not by kind. I fully expect I will be a critic of whomever comes next, whether it is Biden or someone else.

Immigration is a pro-life issue. It is not, and must never be, a partisan issue.

If you’re ok with the US creating orphans, I don’t see how we can ever come to agreement.

They’ve yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin.”
I’m sure we people would disagree why this is, but maybe it’ just that being an orphan in America is viewed as being better than dirt poor in the country of origin.

Immigration is a pro-life issue. It is not, and must never be, a partisan issue.

If you’re ok with the US creating orphans, I don’t see how we can ever come to agreement.
It’s also a pro-life issue with the high number of Americans killed by those entering into the US illegally.

It should be seen too, we are not necessarily getting the poorest of immigrants, if we want to do that, let’s send jets to the poorest parts of the world and bring them back.

In fact, one could say, those who are in authority and so lenient on the border, seem to share some guilt as well in crimes committed by those here illegally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back