Lockdowns never again: Sweden was right, and we were wrong

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Too funny.

All these people who were telling me about Sweden and how they are getting it wrong. And Sweden’s neighbors were getting it right.

And the numbers support Sweden’s neighbors.

Well it looks like Denmark hasn’t been masking up either!! At least in mandated ways some other countries were.

(Don’t worry. I’m not laughing at you. I’m laughing with you. I didn’t know that either.)
This clinical trial was conducted from April through June in Denmark, a largely unmasked area with government recommendations only to social distance and wash hands frequently as the country began to reopen in May. . . .
Bold mine.

Last edited:
I really don’t believe anyone cares about the right wing anti maskers and their studies anymore. Even in this so called ‘major’ study “After a month, 42 of the mask-wearers in the study (1.8 percent) were infected with the virus while 53 of the non-mask-wearers (2.1. percent) were infected with the virus.”… they found masks to have some effect.

Meanwhile claims that Sweden is approaching zero deaths have been blown out of the water again today.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

48.png
Motherwit:
I believe this thread title to be officially redundant.
I’m glad for the people of Sweden that the government’s finally taking things seriously.
Yes, it’s been painful to watch the Swedish experiment and a relief that the government is moving on lockdowns now.

Motherwit . . .
Meanwhile claims that Sweden is approaching zero deaths have been blown out of the water again today.
You go back and re-read the thread and you will see that I said there would be a winter-effect.

That is all over. Not just Sweden.

Motherwit . . .
After a month, 42 of the mask-wearers in the study (1.8 percent) were infected with the virus while 53 of the non-mask-wearers (2.1. percent) were infected with the virus.”
This may not be statistically significant.

But even assuming it was, it is about what I would expect.

But follow the mask-wearers out longer and their numbers will continue to rise.

Why?

Because masks are not preventers. Masks are mitigators (which is part of WHY these mask wearers still got infected).

And the people who push ideas that masks are preventers, are exactly the ideas Dr. Fauci and others have warned against.

Last edited:
Motherwit . . .
Yes, it’s been painful to watch the Swedish experiment and a relief that the government is moving on lockdowns now.
What about the Denmark experiment where they were not masking up either?

Are the Danes OK?

Or now that you know they have not been masking-up, have they gone astray too?

Last edited:
This chart shows both New Cases and Deaths, for both Sweden and Denmark. While cases are jumping in both countries, deaths are not.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

And here is the graph link, if you want to play with the parameters.

Last edited:
This chart shows both New Cases and Deaths, for both Sweden and Denmark. While cases are jumping in both countries, deaths are not.
The death rise lags behind the case rise by 2 to 4 weeks which means by Christmas we’ll have seen the consequent spike in deaths.

The death rise lags behind the case rise by 2 to 4 weeks which means by Christmas we’ll have seen the consequent spike in deaths.
So this OP of yours is essentially about your hopes/expectations that deaths will shoot up. But no evidence yet.

48.png
Motherwit:
So this OP of yours is essentially about your hopes/expectations that deaths will shoot up. But no evidence yet.
The lag between cases and deaths has been established many times over. There is no reason to think the workings of biology will suddenly change.

Cases started jumping over 5 weeks ago.
The morbidity lag is about 2 weeks vs testing.

Seems to be the virus is spreading in less vulnerable populations, these people just stay home for 2 weeks. What my family experienced

Last edited:
48.png
Motherwit:
Cases started jumping over 5 weeks ago.
The morbidity lag is about 2 weeks vs testing.
That’s what I said. 2 to 4 weeks after infection a person will die. That explains the lag time.
Seems to be the virus is spreading in less vulnerable populations, these people just stay home for 2 weeks. What my family experienced
I don’t follow that logic? Who are you suggesting stay at for 2 weeks?

Put new deaths per week on a separate scale from new cases per week. Definitely not the worst in Europe, that still goes to the bigger, more population dense countries (UK, France, Italy, etc). However Sweden still underperforms its three adjacent neighbors.

The lag between cases and deaths has been established many times over.
Maybe you should read the whole thread before putting that forward LeafByNiggle.

Your statement has the built-in presupposition that a sort of genetic entropy (the virus loses some potency over time) does NOT occur.
It assumes all cases are going to be in the same age group.
It assumes focused protection for the vulnerable will be the same as it was earlier
(do you think Andrew Cuomo is going to
import INFECTED corona virus patients
INTO nursing homes AGAIN?).
It assumes physicians are not going to get better at treating a given new illness as they have more experience dealing with it.
It ignores cross-immunity with non-COVID corona viruses and T-Cell functions in society.
It assumes the old dynamic, is the same as the new dynamic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back