Now over 3,000 Covid deaths per day

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
If you are going to cite Dr. Ngozi Ezike in a sound bite that seems to support your point, you should also cite her longer explanation of why covid deaths are not being over counted:
I read it. It doesn’t change what she actually said in the earlier video. People are now dying of COVID instead of heart attacks and strokes.
It does challenge the conclusion that you draw from what she said. You think what she said means Covid deaths are being overcounted. She thinks they are not. Since she is the one saying what she said, and since she closer to the facts that you are, I think her conclusions that Covid deaths are not being overcounted are more accurate than your conclusions.

Pope Francis has launched the Council for Inclusive Capitalism in co-operation with a number of the very wealthy business people and CEO’s around the globe who know that economic justice is desperately needed today.
Slavoj Zizek had a great talk on YouTube about these types who talk about economic justice and equity, entitled First as Tragedy, Then as Farce. It’s pretty scathing.

Pardon me if I’m skeptical of the intentions of such people. It seems to me more like securing profits and power at the expense of freedom of initiative on the part of the masses.

Last edited:
48.png
Motherwit:
Pope Francis has launched the Council for Inclusive Capitalism in co-operation with a number of the very wealthy business people and CEO’s around the globe who know that economic justice is desperately needed today.
Slavoj Zizek had a great talk on YouTube about these types who talk about economic justice and equity, entitled First as Tragedy, Then as Farce. It’s pretty scathing.

Pardon me if I’m skeptical of the intentions of such people. It seems to me more like securing profits and power at the expense of freedom of initiative on the part of the masses.
But the status quo isn’t good enough. Something has to change and it’ll take those with all the economic power to make that happen.

3538 deaths in just one day. Hopefully this will just be a short spike reflecting the Thanksgiving get togethers and it won’t go any higher! 🙏

Of course I do
Then answer the questions.
What exactly is “equitable”?
And what exactly is wealthy?

I’m trying to find common ground here, and looking at your position seriously to see if there is agreement anywhere to be found in what you claimed…
Part of that was limiting excess profiteering and getting the wealthy to pay equitable tax.
So, what exactly are you talking about?

Hopefully this will just be a short spike reflecting the Thanksgiving get togethers and it won’t go any higher!
You’re forgetting Christmas and New Years…

There’s always a Holiday to blame.

3538 deaths in just one day. Hopefully this will just be a short spike reflecting the Thanksgiving get togethers and it won’t go any higher! 🙏
I’m not optimistic. Christmas is upon us followed by new years. More people take time off and travel and party. My concern is there will be a multiplication effect; that Thanksgiving infections have primed Christmas for being an even deadlier holiday.

48.png
qui_est_ce:
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
If you are going to cite Dr. Ngozi Ezike in a sound bite that seems to support your point, you should also cite her longer explanation of why covid deaths are not being over counted:
I read it. It doesn’t change what she actually said in the earlier video. People are now dying of COVID instead of heart attacks and strokes.
It does challenge the conclusion that you draw from what she said. You think what she said means Covid deaths are being overcounted. She thinks they are not. Since she is the one saying what she said, and since she closer to the facts that you are, I think her conclusions that Covid deaths are not being overcounted are more accurate than your conclusions.
Your correct about what she says. She gave the example of a person in hospice with only days to live, contracts covid, it will be counted as a covid death. She does not think this qualifies as overcounting covid deaths. I disagree.

Either way, a death will have occurred, except that it will be counted as covid rather than the original reason for hospice. The number of deaths remains the same. Screaming “3,000 deaths” doesn’t alter that.

Citing “experts” has become code for be a sheep and don’t use your God given reasoning.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Love this.

Your correct about what she says. She gave the example of a person in hospice with only days to live, contracts covid, it will be counted as a covid death. She does not think this qualifies as overcounting covid deaths. I disagree.
How many experts believe that covid deaths are being seriously overcounted?
How many experts believe that covid deaths are not being seriously overcounted?
Either way, a death will have occurred,
You don’t know that. Your assumption is just the sort of thinking that people use to justify euthanasia (“He was going to die anyway!”).
Citing “experts” has become code for be a sheep and don’t use your God given reasoning.
Disparaging experts has become the way people exercise their arrogance. (“I don’t need no fancy degree to know that covid is just a hoax.”)

Last edited:
You don’t know that.
If a person is in hospice, they are dying. Out of her own mouth she said this.
48.png
Leaf:
Your assumption is just the sort of thinking that people use to justify euthanasia (“ He was going to die anyway! ”).
In no way can my observation be construed as advocating for euthanasia. I said the person was dead, what the death is ascribed to was my argument.
Disparaging experts has become the way people exercise their arrogance. (“ I don’t need no fancy degree to know that covid is just a hoax. ”)
Plenty of experts disagree with one another. And I never said covid was a hoax.

Last edited:
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
You don’t know that.
If a person is in hospice, they are dying.
But you don’t know if they are going to die today. Also, do you have any figures on how many of the 3000 deaths per day are people in hospice for something else? Didn’t think so.
48.png
Leaf:
Your assumption is just the sort of thinking that people use to justify euthanasia (“ He was going to die anyway! ”).
In no way can my observation be construed as advocating for euthanasia.
I didn’t say that. I said that discounting the role of additional factors (like covid) in a death is the kind of thinking that those who do advocate for euthanasia use to discount the role of the active hastening they do in deaths of terminal patients. You may not be advocating euthanasia, but you are unwittingly giving ammunition to those who do.
Disparaging experts has become the way people exercise their arrogance. (“ I don’t need no fancy degree to know that covid is just a hoax. ”)
Plenty of experts disagree with one another.
Not on this issue. I will ask again, how many experts say that covid is being seriously overcounted? If you say “plenty”, then you should be able to give some number or percentage.

Last edited:
Death certificates often list multiple causes of death. My mother’s, for example, listed stroke, kidney failure, and heart failure (laymen’s terms). Most covid related deaths have co-morbidities in which multiple causes of death are listed, among which covid would be listed. It does not mean the primary cause of death is covid.

You’re aware that Covid-19 is highly contagious and we are in the midst of a global pandemic correct? Truly sad how people try to minimalize human death to further their agendas.
I think it’s a case of them not knowing anyone personally to have died due to Covid. I am on a prayer line for my local parish and there have many local folks who have died. Some in their 40s, 50s, and 60s.

I have had 2 friends die of Covid. One in their 40s (had immune problems due to cancer drugs) and the other in their 60s who, to my knowledge didn’t have any major health problems.

It’s simply inappropriate to let money dictate an approach where lives are at stake.

Last edited:
No one said anything about euthanasia.

I have seen you do this before.
When you don’t have a logical rebuttal, . . . you . . . accuse others of supporting euthanasia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back