Positive Aspects of American Culture

• Thread starter Thread starter Lilyofthevalley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Fitz:
We think that deep dish pizza started here. I am really not sure. I always heard it began at Uno’s downtown Chicago.
Hey Fitz,
It probably did start there as I have heard it referred to as Chicago style pizza, either way sounds good to me.

Now about the 'dogs …also sounds good.

BTW, are you a Cubs fan?

40.png
aimee:
Hey Fitz,
It probably did start there as I have heard it referred to as Chicago style pizza, either way sounds good to me.

Now about the 'dogs …also sounds good.

BTW, are you a Cubs fan?
You mentioned another thing I am grateful about my country. I love baseball. I am a proud White Sox Fan. I lived in the southern part of the city, and now the southwest suburbs. Mostly the Cubs fans are north siders, however my family is divided. At family parties we can’t talk about politics, football (we’re divided between Purdue and ND), and baseball (Sox vs. Cubs).

We celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, and we try to live up to his expectations for our great country.

40.png
Fitz:
You mentioned another thing I am grateful about my country. I love baseball. I am a proud White Sox Fan. I lived in the southern part of the city, and now the southwest suburbs. Mostly the Cubs fans are north siders, however my family is divided. At family parties we can’t talk about politics, football (we’re divided between Purdue and ND), and baseball (Sox vs. Cubs).
Yikes! I know that must be dificult…as for me I am a Braves fan… 👍

I like ND…but am a true Georgia Bulldogs fan…go 'Dawgs!!

We believe that every person on earth should be free to enjoy what we do. We are willing to help people achieve their dreams.

40.png
Matt25:
Catholic Worker (catholicworker.org/index.cfm)

Pax Christi USA (paxchristiusa.org/index.asp)

School of the Americas Watch (www.soaw.org)

Salt of the Earth (salt.claretianpubs.org/)

American Catholic (americancatholic.org/)

Godspy (godspy.com/index.cfm)

The Busy Christian’s Guide** **to Catholic Social Teaching (uscatholic.org/cstline/tline.html)

Catholics Against Capital Punishment (cacp.org/pages/585134/index.htm)

Fair Trade Federation (fairtradefederation.com/)

Maryknoll.org (home.maryknoll.org/)
You don’t live here and are not American, so your opinions about our culture don’t count.

We can always pray when things get rough, and we like to help each other out. Don’t you think we have far more positive than negative?

All of our girl children go to school and are free to seek a job of their choosing when they finish their studies.

The CIJS and the Curmudgeons are fun to know. Check out their threads.

Freedom of Religion, dispite there are those who want to squelch it (using Freedom of Speech).

Positives
Air Flight
Traffic Lights
Quality Cars
Chocolate Bars, (Hershey’s)
Sliced Bread
Apple Pie
ATM’s
the Phonograph
Electricity
Television
Animated Cartoons
Star Trek

I am ALL of these were developed HERE in the Good 'Ol USA!

the US Postal Service

the high standard of living which i so easily take for granted

the awesome beauty and diversity of our landscapes

the perseverence of our people

Jazz

Blues

Rock n Roll

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese

24 hour grocery stores

1)American Toilets!!! (have you been to Europe, arrgh!) :eek:
  1. Cheap Food
  2. Creative People
  3. Legal System that works better than most
  4. Corruption is less
  5. The Rocky Mountains
  6. Native Americans
  7. The Grand Canyon
  8. SUV’s (lol, just kiddin’ Lily 😃 )
  9. Free water in restaurants. Free refills on coffee.
  10. Americans are good tippers!
  11. Big choice of where to live. If you hate your family you can move 3000 miles away!!! 😃
  12. Rodeos
  13. Apple pie!
  14. Poor people are fat, not starving.

Did I mention the Mississippi River and all the wonderful little towns that border it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back