aimee:
University of Georgia !! Go "Dawgs!!!

Elections

Peaches

Pecans

Vidalia onions

Hook em Horns Go Texas!!!

Okay…gig em Aggies 😉
Hey Georgia peaches are the best. My personal favorite. I get some every time I drive through Georgia.

40.png
WhiteDove:
We have a big one near me associated with our County Fair, but I’ve only watched them practise, not bought tickets. But still, I think rodeos are pretty cool.
I went to Arizona a few years ago for baseball spring season for the White Sox. I sat next to local people because we were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. They were on a long weekend for rodeos, and we were on one for Casmir Pulaski Day. We celebrate that is Chicago. We don’t have rodeo days, as you can imagine!

40.png
Fitz:
Hey Georgia peaches are the best. My personal favorite. I get some every time I drive through Georgia.
Try the vidalia onions…they are the best…sweet and good in any thing. 👍

40.png
aimee:
Try the vidalia onions…they are the best…sweet and good in any thing. 👍
We do use them all the time. I personally don’t like onions too much but just cook with them for flavor. No offense. I love you pecans too. I always look for a store to get peaches and pecans.

40.png
Fitz:
We do use them all the time. I personally don’t like onions too much but just cook with them for flavor. No offense. I love you pecans too. I always look for a store to get peaches and pecans.
I’m still looking forward to that pizza… wonder if the guys have some over at cc club 😃

Every man and woman has rights because they bear the image of their Maker…Best line from the inauguaral speech.

What’s so great? The weather…oops, sorry, that’s just So.Cal.😃 Just kidding. I like the diversity. Plus, we had the Grateful Dead and the Band. Classic rock:thumbsup: . There is something for everyone here, and I love that.

Eamon

Speaking of weather, it is gently snowing here in Chicago. It looks nice, but driving is an issue.

Another positive aspect would be that generally, there are some pretty nice and accepting people… I am amazed at how many different friends I have! Also, the weather in So.Cal is awesome!

God Bless-JMJ
Laura 🙂

I aim to keep this going so please help me reach my goal. We all have so much to be grateful for in this country. I am very proud to be American. I know with the advantages that we have, we need to give of ourselves too- time and money. I don’t think anyone here would argue that. So I am grateful for being Catholic and being able to donate time and money through the Catholic church. I think it is positive that we teach this to our children.

40.png
Fitz:
We can all have our own favorites. What is ice wine?
Code:
ICEWINE This area of Canada produces one of the most internationally sought-after products. This product is icewine. Icewine or Eiswein in Germany, is a late-harvest wine made from grapes pressed while frozen. Only three varieties of vinifera grape and Vidal may be used but usually it is made from Vidal and Riesling grapes.
To make Icewine, the grapes are left on the vine until after the first frost hits. These grapes are harvested after being frozen in the vineyard and then, while still frozen, they are pressed. They must be picked early - before 10 a.m. During both of these processes the temperature cannot exceed -8 degrees C. At this temperature (-8 degrees C) the berries will freeze as hard as marbles. While the grape is still in its frozen state, it is pressed and the water is driven out as shards of ice. This leaves a highly concentrated juice, very high in acids, sugars and aromatics.
In Ontario and in Germany, icewine is defined as naturally frozen. This means that here as in Germany, no other method of making icewine is allowed other than the natural method. No artificial freezing method constitutes icewine by definition or label.
In addition to this there are other requirements to make icewine in Ontario, as set out by the Vintners Quality Alliance (VQA)
These include the following:
the finished wine must, must have a Brix of 35 degrees or higher
there must be residual sugar of 125g/litre
a minimum Brix of 32 degrees in the juice after pressing when measured in the fermentation tank. The finished wine must have a Brix of 35 degrees or higher.
the alcohol must derive exclusively from the natural sugars of the grapes
all wines that is labeled as Icewine must be produced by VQA registered growers and wine makers.
The harvest of icewine grapes must start after November 15. Before harvesting, the producer must verify in writing, (by specified form) the following:
a) the temperatures of each individual harvest,
b) the acreage and tonnage of each given crop,
c) the measured Brix level of each must,
d) the harvesting date and time of day, and
e) icewine pressing capacity.
All VQA icewine processors are required to attend a VQA Icewine Standards Seminar each year.
VQA authorities randomly sample and analyze must, juice and wine to ensure the standards are being met.
It is by no accident that Ontario’s icewine is among the best in the world. Our summers ensure high sugars in the grapes and our winters ensure a natural icewine harvest. This combined with the standards set by the industry, leave Ontario’s Icewine difficult to surpass.

40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
ICEWINE This area of Canada produces one of the most internationally sought-after products. This product is icewine. Icewine or Eiswein in Germany, is a late-harvest wine made from grapes pressed while frozen. Only three varieties of vinifera grape and Vidal may be used but usually it is made from Vidal and Riesling grapes.
To make Icewine, the grapes are left on the vine until after the first frost hits. These grapes are harvested after being frozen in the vineyard and then, while still frozen, they are pressed. They must be picked early - before 10 a.m. During both of these processes the temperature cannot exceed -8 degrees C. At this temperature (-8 degrees C) the berries will freeze as hard as marbles. While the grape is still in its frozen state, it is pressed and the water is driven out as shards of ice. This leaves a highly concentrated juice, very high in acids, sugars and aromatics.
In Ontario and in Germany, icewine is defined as naturally frozen. This means that here as in Germany, no other method of making icewine is allowed other than the natural method. No artificial freezing method constitutes icewine by definition or label.
In addition to this there are other requirements to make icewine in Ontario, as set out by the Vintners Quality Alliance (VQA)
These include the following:
the finished wine must, must have a Brix of 35 degrees or higher
there must be residual sugar of 125g/litre
a minimum Brix of 32 degrees in the juice after pressing when measured in the fermentation tank. The finished wine must have a Brix of 35 degrees or higher.
the alcohol must derive exclusively from the natural sugars of the grapes
all wines that is labeled as Icewine must be produced by VQA registered growers and wine makers.
The harvest of icewine grapes must start after November 15. Before harvesting, the producer must verify in writing, (by specified form) the following:
a) the temperatures of each individual harvest,
b) the acreage and tonnage of each given crop,
c) the measured Brix level of each must,
d) the harvesting date and time of day, and
e) icewine pressing capacity.
All VQA icewine processors are required to attend a VQA Icewine Standards Seminar each year.
VQA authorities randomly sample and analyze must, juice and wine to ensure the standards are being met.
It is by no accident that Ontario’s icewine is among the best in the world. Our summers ensure high sugars in the grapes and our winters ensure a natural icewine harvest. This combined with the standards set by the industry, leave Ontario’s Icewine difficult to surpass.
Wow, I love Reisling, so this sounds very good. I will try to find it. Thanks for all you effort!

40.png
Fitz:
Wow, I love Reisling, so this sounds very good. I will try to find it. Thanks for all you effort!
Code:
There is nothing like it, Fitz…but be prepared, it is VERY expensive…

Blessings,
Shoshana

40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
There is nothing like it, Fitz…but be prepared, it is VERY expensive…

Blessings,
Shoshana
We will be hosting my husband’s cousin from Luxembourg and when we go there they spare no expense. They have always been very generous and gracious. I will try to stock up on the wine over the next few months. They drink wine all the time. We usually don’t , but I do like it. I would just now want to NOT have enough when they arrive. I have gone to several wineries in the States and I will get some varied types that they might not have tried. It will be fun to try a new kind every day. Thanks for the tip. I will be shopping. In Chicago we do have good liquor stores, with varied imports.

Fitz,
Drive out to Roselle and vist lynfred winery. They have great and some unusual wines. They have tastings all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back