Positive Aspects of American Culture

• Thread starter Thread starter Lilyofthevalley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE have this wonderful winter wonderland out there right now in the midwest. How beautiful it really is. The seasons are truely a gift.

Hint to anyone younger: help out your neighbor if they need to shovel out!

Hey, I thought of a new postive! Did anyone ever notice that when Americans eat at fast foods, or food courts, that they always bus their own trays, throw everything in the trash, and stack their tray neatly on trash bin on top of the other trays? Well, it’s true, we are very mannerly about that. "There’s no rule posted or anything, we just do it!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

40.png
WhiteDove:
Hey, I thought of a new postive! Did anyone ever notice that when Americans eat at fast foods, or food courts, that they always bus their own trays, throw everything in the trash, and stack their tray neatly on trash bin on top of the other trays? Well, it’s true, we are very mannerly about that. "There’s no rule posted or anything, we just do it!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Code:
Hi WhiteDove…we do this here as well 👍

Blessings,
Shoshana

40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
Hi WhiteDove…we do this here as well 👍

Blessings,
Shoshana
We have so much in common really. This could be a North American thread. 🙂

Except for we don’t have as much ice hockey. I am sure someone on the threads will want to refute me!

When we get like 2 or 3 feet of snow- we go sledding, skiing, build snow forts, have snowball fights, or build a fire and stay warm inside with those we love.

We have Relevant Radio to listen to. You can to if you go to the website.

Drew Mariani is on Relevant Radio right now, go on the internet to find it if they don’t broadcast in your state. He is having a pro life show and he just said, he thinks we will overturn Roe v. Wade.
Norma is talking now.
www.relevantradio.com

They have a listen live icon on the top of the page. It is a great station.

40.png
Fitz:
When we get like 2 or 3 feet of snow- we go sledding, skiing, build snow forts, have snowball fights, or build a fire and stay warm inside with those we love.
Code:
winter3.jpg?_lang=EN&hm___tg=http%3a%2f%2f65%2e54%2e175%2e250%2fcgi%2dbin%2fgetmsg%

Fitz, my above post is in response to yours on what you do in winter…

In Canada, this is what we do…(Check link) 😃

40.png
Shoshana:
Fitz, my above post is in response to yours on what you do in winter…

In Canada, this is what we do…(Check link) 😃
I am having some difficulty getting it, but I am sure I will figure it out soon. My computer is sending me all over…

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. No gifts to buy, just get the family together for good food and give thanks to God for all our blessings. We take the leftovers to a homeless shelter, so even the liberal members of the family have something to feel good about.

40.png
Pinklady:
We have one big thing over the British:

TOOTHPASTE!!! 😃
I’d say you need to pray some more on your issues…your post isn’t very nice and its not funny 😦

40.png
aimee:
How bout …

Coca-cola

Chicago deep dish pizza

Valentines day ❤️
How about real southern fried chicken, not that KFC stuff, but the real thing and sweet tea. I also like grits, fried catfish and greens, alot of folks up here don’t like them but I do .

40.png
Lance:
How about real southern fried chicken, not that KFC stuff, but the real thing and sweet tea. I also like grits, fried catfish and greens, alot of folks up here don’t like them but I do .
yum yum

Mac and cheese…have to put some velveeta in it 😃

I like fried cat fish nuggets…

corn bread…

🙂

Is there anything better then sitting in the stands of a major league ballpark with your father (or child) taking in the sights and sounds on a warm midsummers evening??

40.png
jlw:
Is there anything better then sitting in the stands of a major league ballpark with your father (or child) taking in the sights and sounds on a warm midsummers evening??
You have that right. My son’s best day ever was the Father’s Day that his dad took him to a White Sox Game. They went early and used the batting cages. Someone made my husband fan of the day and his name went onto the big screen and they gave him free tickets to another game. They also got several signatures that day from the players. I will never forget my son telling me that it was his best day ever. We love baseball in this family. We have gone to many cities to watch games. The fireworks after the Saturday games at White Sox Park in the summer are the best! Whenever someone hits a homerun they shoot off fireworks too!

How about these reasons:

Going to high school football games, as a kid and as an adult.

Fried Okra
Ice Cream sundaes
Putt Putt Golf

Enjoy sunsets here at a city park at the shore of Lake Erie

Being able to March of Life and watching it on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back