Positive Aspects of American Culture

• Thread starter Thread starter Lilyofthevalley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
WhiteDove:
Do you really go to these? Just wondering. Don’t forget to add tractor pulls as long as you value rodeos.

I don’t know if anyone mentioned that we are the birthplace of ebay, that wonderful garage sale in cyberspace.

1. Fitz, Lilyofthevalley, gilliam, Lisa4Catholics, Brad, Vern Humphrey, Nichevo, HagiaSophia, Scott LaFrance, StJeanneDArc, Exporter, jlw, Trelow, Lisa N, Catholicwife, TPJCatholic and many more.
  2. Most conservatives
  3. Some liberals
  4. County Fairs
  5. Summer festivals in almost any small town
  6. Knights of Columbus
  7. Lou Malnatti’s deep dish pizza
    The best for last, where else could a guy from Thomasville, Georgia meet a beautiful gal from Siculiano, Sicily, Italy fall in love and get married and have 3 kids and one daughter meet a nice guy from Lebanon and they get married? Not going to happen anywhere else.

40.png
Fitz:
California and Florida wine.
Have you ever tried our wine produced in NE Ohio? (Mainly the Geneva, Madison area)

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame
American Football…Go Buckeyes!
Krispy Kreme Donuts
7 Elevens
Good classic TV reruns (mainly from the 1960’s)
Country Music
Broadway Shows
Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse and Superman!

40.png
Edwin1961:
Have you ever tried our wine produced in NE Ohio? (Mainly the Geneva, Madison area)
NO. but what do you recommend? I have to find some interesting wines for relatives that will be visiting this summer from Luxembourg. I would like to have a variety for them to try. They are real wine lovers.

Fitz, If you are looking for some great unusual wines try lynfred.com They are in Roselle, IL. I recommend their pear wine. It is a semi-dry white wine. I normally go for red wine but love this stuff. Another great thing about America-different wines from just about every region of the country.

40.png
Fitz:
NO. but what do you recommend? I have to find some interesting wines for relatives that will be visiting this summer from Luxembourg. I would like to have a variety for them to try. They are real wine lovers.
Ferrantes wine from Geneva, Ohio…I even went to grade school and high school with two of the girls from that family.
The wine is absolutely wonderful…our Pastor uses it for Communion.

The grape orchards along the southern coast of NE Ohio seems to be very favorable weather conditions. If you are ever driving alone US Route 90 and in Eastern Lake County and Western Ashtabula County, you can see the orchards on either side of the highway.

Thanks for the recommentations. I will write them down and start to collect some bottles. This will be different for us We have wine once in awhile, but his cousin has a whole wine cellar and truely appreciates wine. We will have to find a variety for him to check out.

On the positive aspects of our American Culture: My daughter called me from Spain today. She loves the campus and they did a walking tour. She said what was striking is the number of students that were smoking. American students smoke less. How are the Europeans doing in the lung cancer area? I never have read any comparisons. We are ahead in health awareness.

I almost forgot to mention the wonderful camping that you can do in the States. We have done a fair amount over the years and it is awesome. I am sure that the Canadians would agree the our boundary waters are the best. All my children go on the summer survival week up in boundary waters.

We spend every 4th of July in Wisconsin camping right on Lake Michigan. Everyone surely knows of the great Door County in Wisconsin. We have also camped at Fort McCoy during everyone of my husbands 2 week summer camps when he was still in the reserves.

One of our favorite times camping was driving out to Boston by way of Niagara Falls and though upperstate New York. On one trip we actually went to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame and to the Field of Dreams.

Camping in New Mexico was very primitive and remote and so clean and beautiful.

Other places I camped were Minnesota, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and Oklahoma, Orlando (Disneyworld), Colorado Estes Park, and Idaho in the Sawtooth Mountains.

All over Iowa we camped and met senior citizens that were in their big Motor homes. They really live it up.

I know I forgot some of the places that we camped. We don’t go often anymore, but this is surely a beautiful and friendly country and any camper will agree with me.

I love all the museums that we have. Every city I visit has wonderful places that preserve our culture. I recently went to Washington DC and visited many of the Smitsonian Museums. I could list a museum in every city that I have gone to, some small and some large, but all with something to offer.

One of my favorite was the Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City. I would never have expected it to be so extensive and so beautiful. It was amazing. I also went to the Cherokee Museum in Talequah Oklahoma. It was great. We saw an outdoor performance of “The Trail of Tears”. I highly recommend it if you are ever there in the summer. We went to see the buffalo herd that is there also. It was great driving around all that land and imagining what it would have been like out in the days of wilderness.

1. White Castle burgers(sliders)
  2. Coca Cola
  3. Pepsi
  4. Cheap gas
  5. Green Bay Packers
  6. Football, real football not soccer

Our system of state and national parks and forests. If you put them all together they would be larger than most countries in Europe. 👍

The library system is very good. It varies from town to town, but most have internet access in addition to books, DVD’s, newspapers, magazines, and videos. Most have children programs and adult book clubs. If my library does not have a book it will order it from a cooperating library and call me when it comes in. Some libraries allow you to renew over the phone or internet. In the summer when the children are out of school many a library system runs incentive programs for the children to read more books. They often send out a mobile library for the kids to walk to and take out books to encourage summer reading. Wasn’t this Ben Franklin’s dream. It goes way beyond what he could have dreamed of.

We pray at the beginning of the Inauguration. We invoke God’s help. Our foundation is still strong.

40.png
Lance:
Our system of state and national parks and forests. If you put them all together they would be larger than most countries in Europe. 👍
What isn’t?
😛

Pop corn
Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
Hershey bars
Bourbon
1965 Ford Mustang
Cajun food
Pecan pie
High school football on Friday night
Christmas lights on almost every house
Helping your kids or grandkids build their 1st snowman

40.png
Fitz:
Do you really go to these? Just wondering. Don’t forget to add tractor pulls as long as you value rodeos.
We have a big one near me associated with our County Fair, but I’ve only watched them practise, not bought tickets. But still, I think rodeos are pretty cool.

University of Georgia !! Go "Dawgs!!!

Elections

Peaches

Pecans

Vidalia onions

Hook em Horns Go Texas!!!

Okay…gig em Aggies 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back