M
Mommyof02green
Guest
Continue from last post.
When was the last time you feed the hungry? I can tell you it was last week when I took food to my church to be given to the homeless shelter. Actually, every time I go to church I feed the hungry, because I put money in the offertory and 4% of all the money collected goes to the local food pantry, to feed the hungry.
When was the last time you visit the sick or those in prison? I can tell you that I did that 2 weeks ago, when I took my kids to the local nursing home and we visit with our “adopted” grandma. Our “adopted” grandma is an elderly lady that has no family. So we visit with her, so she has someone to talk to, she is not related to us. We found out about her because I went to the nursing home and asked who doesn’t have regular visitors. The list of people that don’t have visitors is enough to make me cry. Most everyone in a nursing home has no visitors. We can’t visit with them all, but we pick 2-3 of them to visit with.
I see someone stuck on the side of the road so I stop and see if they need help. I offer to make phone calls for them. I have driven down the gas station and back so they can get gas in the car. We even had a man knock on our door looking for some gas because he ran out. We didn’t have any gas but my hubby took the man with our gas can and drove down to the gas station to get gas. We paid for the gas put the gas in the man’s car and told him to have a nice day. When was the last time you help someone stuck on the side of the road, when was the last time you paid for their gas because they ran out.
I’ve seen men and women with signs saying need money for food. I won’t give them money, however I have driven down to the nearest fast food joint to buy a hamburger and fries and driven back to the man and women and give them the food I just bought. The sign said they needed food, so I got them food. When was the last time you done something like that?
I’ve gone to the store with $10 in my pocket looking to buy something. Not really something I need, but something I want. I’ve shown up at the store and there would be someone standing there and collecting money for some worthy charity or cause. I’ve put my $10 in and turn around and walk back to my car and gone home, never buying what I came to buy because the $10 is all that I had. When was the last time you have done something like that?
If you were to come to my home today, you will see electric cords and a water hose, going to my neighbor’s home. This is because his electric and water has been shut off. It will be turned back on some time tomorrow, however in the mean time he needs heat, lights, and water. So we are running lines to his house. He has offered to pay us, and we have told him NO, we do not want his money. Clearly he is struggling right now to make ends meat. When was the last time you have done something like that???
I don’t need to go to door to door to preach the Word of God to people. I do it with my every day actions with everyone I meet. I do my best to give what I have to give and do what I can do. I take time to visit those in the nursing homes, I take time to go through my closest to see what I can give to the poor, I have given money to those that need it, sometimes it’s all the money I have. I do things for my neighbors that need help, just because it’s the right thing to do.
Sometimes, people will ask why did you stop? Why don’t you want my money to pay for this gas? I just look at them and say “It’s because this is what Christ wants me to do!”.
My hubby and I get told sometimes we are “Angels”. We are just look at them and say, “No, we are just doing what is “right” what Christ wants from us, just pass it on, just do something nice for someone else.”
There are so many people in this world. Going door-to-door is one way to reach them. However there are so many other ways. There are people in stores, laundry mats, street corners, restaurants, homeless shelters, nursing homes, hospitals, prisons etc. Who reaches out these people?? I can’t reach out to all of them. However I try to reach out to everyone I see and meet, not just to those doors I knock on!
Mathew 25:31-46 tell us we are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick etc. Scripture also say by our fruit people will know if we are Christian or not. When was the last time you clothe the naked. I can tell you it was last month, when I went through all my clothing and gave my older stuff that did not fit me or that I no longer wear to the homeless shelter and to the second hand shop.If you think we are on the wrong path, which from reading many posts, most of you do, why dont you come out of your house and use your time to go door to door to save us and whoever else.
When was the last time you feed the hungry? I can tell you it was last week when I took food to my church to be given to the homeless shelter. Actually, every time I go to church I feed the hungry, because I put money in the offertory and 4% of all the money collected goes to the local food pantry, to feed the hungry.
When was the last time you visit the sick or those in prison? I can tell you that I did that 2 weeks ago, when I took my kids to the local nursing home and we visit with our “adopted” grandma. Our “adopted” grandma is an elderly lady that has no family. So we visit with her, so she has someone to talk to, she is not related to us. We found out about her because I went to the nursing home and asked who doesn’t have regular visitors. The list of people that don’t have visitors is enough to make me cry. Most everyone in a nursing home has no visitors. We can’t visit with them all, but we pick 2-3 of them to visit with.
I see someone stuck on the side of the road so I stop and see if they need help. I offer to make phone calls for them. I have driven down the gas station and back so they can get gas in the car. We even had a man knock on our door looking for some gas because he ran out. We didn’t have any gas but my hubby took the man with our gas can and drove down to the gas station to get gas. We paid for the gas put the gas in the man’s car and told him to have a nice day. When was the last time you help someone stuck on the side of the road, when was the last time you paid for their gas because they ran out.
I’ve seen men and women with signs saying need money for food. I won’t give them money, however I have driven down to the nearest fast food joint to buy a hamburger and fries and driven back to the man and women and give them the food I just bought. The sign said they needed food, so I got them food. When was the last time you done something like that?
I’ve gone to the store with $10 in my pocket looking to buy something. Not really something I need, but something I want. I’ve shown up at the store and there would be someone standing there and collecting money for some worthy charity or cause. I’ve put my $10 in and turn around and walk back to my car and gone home, never buying what I came to buy because the $10 is all that I had. When was the last time you have done something like that?
If you were to come to my home today, you will see electric cords and a water hose, going to my neighbor’s home. This is because his electric and water has been shut off. It will be turned back on some time tomorrow, however in the mean time he needs heat, lights, and water. So we are running lines to his house. He has offered to pay us, and we have told him NO, we do not want his money. Clearly he is struggling right now to make ends meat. When was the last time you have done something like that???
I don’t need to go to door to door to preach the Word of God to people. I do it with my every day actions with everyone I meet. I do my best to give what I have to give and do what I can do. I take time to visit those in the nursing homes, I take time to go through my closest to see what I can give to the poor, I have given money to those that need it, sometimes it’s all the money I have. I do things for my neighbors that need help, just because it’s the right thing to do.
Sometimes, people will ask why did you stop? Why don’t you want my money to pay for this gas? I just look at them and say “It’s because this is what Christ wants me to do!”.
My hubby and I get told sometimes we are “Angels”. We are just look at them and say, “No, we are just doing what is “right” what Christ wants from us, just pass it on, just do something nice for someone else.”
There are so many people in this world. Going door-to-door is one way to reach them. However there are so many other ways. There are people in stores, laundry mats, street corners, restaurants, homeless shelters, nursing homes, hospitals, prisons etc. Who reaches out these people?? I can’t reach out to all of them. However I try to reach out to everyone I see and meet, not just to those doors I knock on!