Sorry guys, once again, I am responding to all. I dont know how to reply to certain ones.
Okay, let me remind some that I am not going to debate doctrine. I simply asked a “opinion” type question.
I will say to those who stated that the scrips dont support door to door that Jesus gave detailed instructions on how to go about doing this. Remember when he sent out the 70 in 2’s? He told them where to go, and what to preach. The command is also given at Matt. 28:19,20 to go and make disciples. This is to be a worldwide work as stated at matt 24:14.
As far as charity work, there isnt enough time and space to say what we do. It doesnt get publicized, and doesnt have to be recognized as the whole organization doing it. We as individuals do it daily. Since you mentioned the website, did you notice the awards for the public service announcements? does that count? Go to Louisiana and asked non JW’s who rebuilt some of their homes for free. Go to Florida, ask the same thing. See, these things dont have to be bragged about. If it is done out of love, you dont need recognition. Jesus didnt do what he did for recognition. The best charity Jesus did was to preach God’s kingdom as the only government to solve man’s problems. That was his main focus. The healing, and feeding and other things he did were important but not his main focus. So, we today follow his lead. Teaching ones bible principles help ones to learn to feed and clothe themselves and their families, and to be law abiding citizens. yes, people today need immediate help in many situations. That is not to be disputed, but after that what? Give them a hope and show them how to attain it.
yes, Jesus went to the market place, synagouges, store fronts. We do too. That’s the point, we go to people. Jesus wasnt sitting in his own store, synagouge,market, or street corner, He went to where the people were. We do too. Door to door still continues to be the main way we do it. and acutally it is not counter productive. Remeber, Noah only saved himself and his family. Does that mean he wasnt successful. No, he warned all like he was supposed to. So, if noone responds to the tract, which it has already been shown that many have, we still did what we are supposed to do. Warn! People are making up their minds where they stand. That’s fine. We all have that right. No one will be able to say they didnt know. and while we want all to come out of false religion, and gain life, we know many wont, Just as in Noah’s day. We still have the obligation to our neighbors to warn just as we would if your house was on fire. It’s done out of love!
Forgive me if I dont respond. I too and out doing the campaign work until we are done. so I will reply sooner or later. Thanks