The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the election

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the article regarding US General Pete Jones. To be noted is the fact that he served in Iraq in 2002-2003 and, for the third time in 2009-2010. Soleimani was operating in Iraq also during those years, and Jones holds him responsible for the deaths of US service men.
The question is, if General Jones’s accusations are true, why then was Soleimani allowed to continue to command in Iraq for another ten years without being arrested or molested in any other way? It does not appear that in 2020 Soleimani presented a threat to either US troops or to the USA in general. His death appears to be nothing less than a political assassination for no other reason than that Mr. Trump did not like him and needed a distraction from his impeachment proceedings.

40.png
Ridgerunner:
It might not be “spying” but it certainly is committing perjury in getting the warrants.
Evidence???

why then was Soleimani allowed to continue to command in Iraq for another ten years without being arrested or molested in any other way
Because the U.S. administration was, for that time, trying to “make friends” with Iran, sending them billions of dollars, etc. The lives of American soldiers were secondary in that administraiton’s calculations. Trump took their lives more seriously, and knew no amount of American taxpayer dollars would cause the evil Mullahs to cease killing our people.

The time frame that Soleimani should have been arrested includes at least six years of Bush administration and three years of Trump, so I am not buying the ‘making friends with Iran’ argument.
Still remaining is the question of why wasn’t Soleimani arrested instead of subjected to a brutal drone assassination. If US forces could attempt to arrest Osama ben Laden in Pakistan by a risky night helicopter assault, why couldn’t the same forces arrest Soleimani in Iraq. Why kill several Iraqi officials in this attack?

If US forces could attempt to arrest Osama ben Laden
What makes you think that was the purpose?

How many people do you think would have died if U.S. forces had attempted to arrest Solemeini. I’m just astonished that people think that mass murderer was just a matter of “cops and robbers”.

Seal Team Six would have arrested ben Laden if he had not made an armed resistance. No team members were killed or even injured, and this was in a night helicopter operation in a country where US troops did not have permission to operate. No bystanders were killed in this action.

Soleimani was on his way to the Baghdad airport when he was assassinated and several Iraqi officials were also murdered. If Seal Team Six could make a clandestine night operation into Pakistan, I do not understand why US troops could not have surrounded Soleimani’s convoy with armored vehicles and executed his arrest.
I think that the reasons behind this outright murder are that Mr. Trump did not like Soleimani’s popularity and influence in Iraq, did not have evidence that could have stood up in a trial, and wanted a distraction from the impeachment proceedings.

Last edited:
If the attack broke international law I’m sure that Iran would have taken its case to the UN, and many in the US would support them.

he time frame that Soleimani should have been arrested includes at least six years of Bush administration and three years of Trump,
What about the 8 Obama years in between Bush and Trump? Was that not a period of tine in which Soleimani should have been arrested?

Soleimani is called a child killer. And I urge all to confirm that on your own web-searches, go to your favorite web-engine and search “Soleimani child killer”. Plenty of info there.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-01-03/good-riddance-to-qassem-soleimani
Qassem Soleimani was never going to die peacefully in his bed. As leader of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and puppet-master of militias and terrorist groups across the Middle East, he had the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands: Syrians, Iraqis, Yemenis, Lebanese, Palestinians, Israelis, Americans and fellow-Iranians, among others. His death was hoped for and prayed for by the families of his victims, and plotted by their governments.
Also, for all of this propaganda being posted, we could easily just tell Israel that if they are concerned about Iran’s nukes, then, they can deal with them how they want and that seems very dangerous.

Nothing wrong with the Presidential Election in working to get votes counted. There’s no law Trump is guilty of that what you say, all votes have to be certified by a certain day, that hasn’t happened.

I might as well make outlandish accusations about others myself.

Quoting “Counterpunch”, your posts seem similar to someone else’s.

He could get away with it if its true all he has to do is step down as President and then let Pence give him a pardon thats what happened with Nixon.

I am not saying that Soleimani was not guilty of committing crimes. What I am saying is that the President of the USA does not have the right to go around assassinating people based on accusations. Unless Soleimani was planning attacks on US interests, he had the right to a trial. The Trump administration has provided zero evidence to justify this extra-judicial killing.

I am not saying that Soleimani was not guilty of committing crimes. What I am saying is that the President of the USA does not have the right to go around assassinating people based on accusations. Unless Soleimani was planning attacks on US interests, he had the right to a trial. The Trump administration has provided zero evidence to justify this extra-judicial killing.
There are lots of things we can go after Presidents about.

The Fast and Furious scandal in 2010 and still in the court system about sending arms to Mexico. Those killed innocent people.

Drone attacks and so on.

Well if its true and he is able to pardon himself what does that say about future Presidents - they can do what ever they want without fear of prosecution a dark path to follow. A dictator could rise.

MR. Obama (to you) took out Osama ben Laden w/o any lose of US life. I don’t believe that you know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back