Trayvon Martin: 'Shoot first' law under scrutiny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robert_Bay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find most amazing about this whole thing is how certain everyone is of the guilt of either party involved. The police have not finished the investigation yet, nothing in the way of evidence has been presented in any court. How is that everyone is SO certain who is or isn’t guilty?
Everybody, especially Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson, needs to take a deep breath, calm down and wait for the legal system to present the findings. I mean, really - has everyone forgotten due process??? 🤷
I am quite ceratin that Sanford PD has a very recent history
of ignoring/promoting racism and indulging in cover-up.
Only ONE year ago.

Yeah - I’d rather see results of a NEW investigation.
Can’t think of a single reason to accept Sanford PD’s opinon on this.
 
I am quite ceratin that Sanford PD has a very recent history
of ignoring/promoting racism and indulging in cover-up.
Only ONE year ago.

Yeah - I’d rather see results of a NEW investigation.
Can’t think of a single reason to accept Sanford PD’s opinon on this.
You’re in luck…you don’t have to. You’re not actually involved in the case, so your opinion doesn’t really matter. (Mine neither) 😃
 
In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious."
Sounds more and more like Trayvon wasn’t so innocent. He basically sounds like a thug wanna-be. I blame his broken home which is all to common in the black community.
 
Zimmerman was NOT authorized to follow anyone.

Watch.
Report.
Step aside.
He watched , reported and stepped aside when instructed to. Following that you interject your own presence at the scene.
 
You’re in luck…you don’t have to. You’re not actually involved in the case, so your opinion doesn’t really matter. (Mine neither) 😃
More than luck. It’'s a grace!
So glad I need not be personally involved with this horror.
Same for you - thank God!

A child killed? A horror.
 
Sounds more and more like Trayvon wasn’t so innocent. He basically sounds like a thug wanna-be. I blame his broken home which is all to common in the black community.
No broken homes in “white” families?
I’m surprised to hear that.

Is that the case for all of Alaska?
 
He watched , reported and stepped aside when instructed to. Following that you interject your own presence at the scene.
I have no idea if he stepped aside when advised to do so.
It has not been publicized. Maybe you have a secret news source?
 
What I find most amazing about this whole thing is how certain everyone is of the guilt of either party involved. The police have not finished the investigation yet, nothing in the way of evidence has been presented in any court. How is that everyone is SO certain who is or isn’t guilty?
Everybody, especially Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson, needs to take a deep breath, calm down and wait for the legal system to present the findings. I mean, really - has everyone forgotten due process??? 🤷
I totally agree. Sharpton and Jackson are never calm about anything and always jump to conclusions. Those two and Nancy Grace.
 
I totally agree. Sharpton and Jackson are never calm about anything and always jump to conclusions. Those two and Nancy Grace.
Not to mention Sharpton is covering the story on his MSNBC show, in between rallies where he’s calling for Zimmerman’s head.

Talk about fair reporting. :rolleyes:
 
Can you cite a crdible source for your claim?
To spare you a search:

news.yahoo.com/history-racial-tension-fla-city-blacks-073406601.html

"…

Lee’s predecessor, Brian Tooley, retired early when faced with criticism that Sanford police dragged its feet in arresting Justin Collison on charges of knocking out a homeless black man.

It took a month for Collison, the son of a police lieutenant, to be arrested and charged in 2010 with battery, even though the attack was captured on video. Collison eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was sentenced to probation late last year.

"

Many citations on google. “jsutin collison”
 
Another article re Collison:

Justin Collison: Cop’s son agrees to pay homeless man’s medical bills
Justin Collison, charged with punching Sherman Ware outside a bar and breaking his nose, also agreed to make donations to the NAACP and other groups.

January 25, 2011|By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

The son of a Sanford police officer who’s charged with sucker punching a homeless man has agreed to pay the victim’s medical bills and make donations to several non-profit groups, according to a local attorney.

Justin Collison, 21, of Sanford, was charged Monday with felony battery and disorderly conduct, two counts that could send him to prison for five years for his assault of Sherman Ware.

On Tuesday, Ware’s attorney Natalie Jackson, announced that Collison has already sent a check to cover the victim’s past and future medical bills and pain and suffering.

She would not disclose the total.
 
Can you cite a crdible source for your claim?
Here’s another chunk of credibility.

newsone.com/nation/nomul6/travyon-martin-justin-collison-sanford-cops-son-slugs-homeless-man/

"TRAYVON MARTIN: Sanford Cop’s Son Slugs Homeless Man, Then Gets Off Easy

Written by NewsOne Staff on March 19, 20126:59 pm

It’s no wonder why the Sanford Police Department has yet to arrest the killer of Trayvon Martin. They have a history of NOT arresting offenders who assault black men.

Justin Collison, the son of a Sanford police officer, was caught on camera sucker-punching homeless man Sherman Ware on December 4th in 2010. The officers on the scene did not arrest him that night. (An internal investigation cleared all of the officers of any wrongdoing, according to the Orlando Sentinel)

Justin Collison, the son of a Sanford police officer, was caught on camera sucker-punching homeless man Sherman Ware on December 4th in 2010. The officers on the scene did not arrest him that night. (An internal investigation cleared all of the officers of any wrongdoing, according to the Orlando Sentinel)

It was only on January 3rd of 2011 that Collison voluntarily turned himself in. Oddly enough, Collison agreed to pay for the Ware’s medical bills and make donations to several non-profits, most notably the NAACP! He plead guilty to a misdemeanor and was placed on a year of probation in October of 2011, the Orlando Sentinel reports."
Code:
Arrest warrant was issued in DEC 2010.
 
Trayvon was walking in his father’s neighborhood and minding his own business. He was followed by Zimmerman, even after the police instructed Zimmerman to stop following him. Even if Trayvon did fight back, he had the right to defend himself. After all, he was the one who was being pursued. Zimmerman was the sole instigator. Trayvon had no weaponry on him and was physically smaller than Zimmerman. Zimmerman was not in danger, and he murdered an innocent person. This story sickens me. That people are defending the shooter and blaming the victim makes me lose faith in this country. I am a middle class white person, and I recognize that Zimmerman was completely in the wrong.
 
Just read through the thread. People wonder why I left the church. An innocent child is dead. If no one had bothered him he would have safely made it back to the house that he came from.
 
I will not cast blame on either party, but I believe that Zimmerman should be arrested.

He then should be tried. As someone else stated, due process. Innocent until proven guilty.

There is currently a witch hunt, a lynch mob, out for this man ~ that is not how this country works.

He murdered a child. He should be put to trial.

I realize that everyone is impassioned by the circumstances of this case, however, we were not there, we do not know what occurred.
 
Trayvon was walking in his father’s neighborhood and minding his own business. He was followed by Zimmerman, even after the police instructed Zimmerman to stop following him. Even if Trayvon did fight back, he had the right to defend himself. After all, he was the one who was being pursued. Zimmerman was the sole instigator. Trayvon had no weaponry on him and was physically smaller than Zimmerman. Zimmerman was not in danger, and he murdered an innocent person. This story sickens me. That people are defending the shooter and blaming the victim makes me lose faith in this country. I am a middle class white person, and I recognize that Zimmerman was completely in the wrong.
And then there is the third option, which is to take the media sensationalism (on both sides) with a large dose of salt, wait until the trial, and listen to the arguments presented with an open mind.
 
I will not cast blame on either party, but I believe that Zimmerman should be arrested.

He then should be tried. As someone else stated, due process. Innocent until proven guilty.

There is currently a witch hunt, a lynch mob, out for this man ~ that is not how this country works.

He murdered a child. He should be put to trial.

I realize that everyone is impassioned by the circumstances of this case, however, we were not there, we do not know what occurred.
You mean he killed a child. It’s implied that he’s guilty of murder when you say “he murdered”. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top