Trayvon Martin: 'Shoot first' law under scrutiny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robert_Bay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He murdered a child. He should be put to trial.
I realize that everyone is impassioned by the circumstances of this case, however, we were not there, we do not know what occurred.
Reply With Quote
But you know that he was murdered? Those closest to the scene didn’t think he was murdered.

The media is completely responsible for stirring up racial tensions. That’s why they called Zimmerman a white-hispanic, whatever that is. Trayvon wasn’t innocent. He had a history of stealing and drug use. He probably was up to no good and that’s why Zimmerman was supicious. He died a tragic death but likely was to blame for it.
 
But you know that he was murdered? Those closest to the scene didn’t think he was murdered.

The media is completely responsible for stirring up racial tensions. That’s why they called Zimmerman a white-hispanic, whatever that is. Trayvon wasn’t innocent. He had a history of stealing and drug use. He probably was up to no good and that’s why Zimmerman was supicious. He died a tragic death but likely was to blame for it.
You can be dang sure if George Zimmerman were in the news for pulling a baby out of a burning building, they wouldn’t be saying “G.Z., a white hispanic,…”.
 
But you know that he was murdered?
Is he dead? Then yes, he was murdered.

I find it rather funny that some wish to differentiate “killed” and “murdered”…

Thou shalt not kill. Killing someone is murder, whether in self-defense or not.

Murder is murder. It is unlawful. The law is Thou shalt not kill.
 
Is he dead? Then yes, he was murdered.

I find it rather funny that some wish to differentiate “killed” and “murdered”…

Thou shalt not kill. Killing someone is murder, whether in self-defense or not.

Murder is murder. It is unlawful. The law is Thou shalt not kill.
Criminal law makes distinction between charges of killing (manslaughter) and murder.

God’s law is simpler. As you said: “Thou shalt NOT KILL.”
 
You can be dang sure if George Zimmerman were in the news for pulling a baby out of a burning building, they wouldn’t be saying “G.Z., a white hispanic,…”.
Yet he isn’t in the news for that.
He’s in the news because he killed a child.
 
Yet he isn’t in the news for that.
He’s in the news because he killed a child.
You’re completely missing the point Cath.

Why are they calling him a “white hispanic”… they never refer to people that way. Think about it. 😉
 
You’re completely missing the point Cath.

Why are they calling him a “white hispanic”… they never refer to people that way. Think about it. 😉
To me? Irrelevant.

Man followed boy.
Man killed boy.
How the media plays it?
Who cares? I don’t.

;);)😉
 
To me? Irrelevant.

Man followed boy.
Man killed boy.
How the media plays it?
Who cares? I don’t.

;);)😉
You should.

The media is playing up the white-on-black element to this, and it is having real, disturbing consequences. People are already threatening violence I know you’ll care if another innocent gets hurt, so you should also care what people are doing that is leading to it.
 
You should.

The media is playing up the white-on-black element to this, and it is having real, disturbing consequences. People are already threatening violence I know you’ll care if another innocent gets hurt, so you should also care what people are doing that is leading to it.
I care that a child was killed.
That is the only important issue to me.

Thanks for your panic-alert though.
Your option, your opinion, your feeding-the-bias.
 
I care that a child was killed.
That is the only important issue to me.

Thanks for your panic-alert though.
Your option, your opinion, your feeding bias.
I’m feeding bias? What are you talking about?
 
I find it rather funny that some wish to differentiate “killed” and “murdered”…
Thankfully the church differentiates.
God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being…2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. "The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one’s own life; and the killing of the aggressor. . . . The one is intended, the other is not."65
Trayvon wasn’t innocent, he was beating down a “white-hispanic” man.
 
I want the facts about all the players before I can make a judgment on this case. The kid was apparently suspended from school for possessing pot. The other guy, who knows what his “deal” is.

You would be foolhardy to simply rely on the press and Al Sharpton types for info. You would also be foolish to rely on people who side with the police by default.

This is a wait and see deal.
 
Your approach to this.
Good gut George.
Bad boy Trayvon.
You need to be more careful, Cath.

I’ve defended you before, in this very thread, and now you’re wrongfully accusing me.

In charity, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask… perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Because what you are suggesting is wholly untrue.
 
I want the facts about all the players before I can make a judgment on this case. The kid was apparently suspended from school for possessing pot. The other guy, who knows what his “deal” is.

You would be foolhardy to simply rely on the press and Al Sharpton types for info. You would also be foolish to rely on people who side with the police by default.

This is a wait and see deal.
Agreed. The media is milking this on both sides, sensationalizing every aspect. We ought to rise above that.
 
You need to be more careful, Cath.

I’ve defended you before, in this very thread, and now you’re wrongfully accusing me.

In charity, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask… perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Because what you are suggesting is wholly untrue.
Perhaps if you will stop using a nickname you’ve invented for me,
then I could be more objective about you. As it stands now … nope.

False intimacy reminds of what
George “KNEW” about Trayvon.

It’s a total no-go.
 
Perhaps if you will stop using a nickname you’ve invented for me,
then I could be more objective about you. As it stands now … nope.

False intimacy reminds of what
George “KNEW” about Trayvon.

It’s a total no-go.
Please forgive me then, for taking liberties. In my mind, I assume we are all friends here, so please know that it is only in a loving way that I do that. But it is most certainly not false.
 
But you know that he was murdered? Those closest to the scene didn’t think he was murdered.

The media is completely responsible for stirring up racial tensions. That’s why they called Zimmerman a white-hispanic, whatever that is. Trayvon wasn’t innocent. He had a history of stealing and drug use. He probably was up to no good and that’s why Zimmerman was supicious. He died a tragic death but likely was to blame for it.
Once again, if Trayvon had been left alone, then he would be fine. Zimmerman was an instigator. His instigation didn’t stop at mere following from an SUV with a loaded gun. It stopped when an innocent person was killed. The media is not stirring racial tensions. There are racial issues in this country, and they are being reported. Zimmerman is being called a white Hispanic because one of his parents is Caucasian, while the other is Hispanic. I have not heard that Trayvon had a history of stealing and drug abuse, but even if that is true, it has nothing to do with this story. He did not deserve to be shot for any past misdoings. Zimmerman did not know anything of his history when this event took place. If the media is reporting that Trayvon engaged in drug use and stealing, then they are trying to shift focus from the crux of the story, and that is horrible reporting. I am sickened an appalled that you say this 17-year-old was likely to blame for his death. Listen to the 911 call, where you hear him scream for help in the background after he has been shot. Then listen to the silence. It’s the silence of an innocent death, and a moral human being should feel sadness when they hear it. I personally felt sickened.
 
Please forgive me then, for taking liberties. In my mind, I assume we are all friends here, so please know that it is only in a loving way that I do that. But it is most certainly not false.
In that case, I thank you.
Yet if I suddenly called you “Hav?”
Yet I wouldn’t. It’s not my place to invent a name for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top