Trump's stunning abdication of leadership comes as pandemic worsens

• Thread starter Thread starter zsiga
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember he did that every day and fox was the only one showing it!!!

But when a person gets called “facist” and “racist” and “thug” just because they voted differently than the speaker, the constant insults and attacks have a cumulative effect.
Or Marxist, or a baby killer… or other “terms of endearment”. And let’s skip the “argument”, that those are simple and truthful descriptors of the person… not insults. 🤣

Pretty much what Motherwit said.

There are quite a few citizens out there whose minds are in a dark place right now. And they are not going to find comfort in the words of a pandemic denier.

Your opinion!!! DJT is not pandemic denier just because you call him that!

He’s in denial of the seriousness of it, as well as the science.

I say this as a conservative who now regrets having voted for him.

I remember he did that every day and fox was the only one showing it!!!
I’ve thought that too, they got on TV pretty early and were on daily. Maybe they were first on in late February (Feb. 27). It certainly was not ignored.

8 months ago:

So, I don’t think he took it lightly.

It’s mixed analysis.

Last edited:
But why do people look to the government for comforting?

Most people aren’t violent and don’t support violence.

But when a person gets called “facist” and “racist” and “thug” just because they voted differently than the speaker, the constant insults and attacks have a cumulative effect.

The person knows they’re not any such thing, but being constantly attacked affects a person.
I absolutely agree and have stated this myself on a number of occasions. And it isn’t new.
This “Republicans are racist” slander pops up every election year since I can remember.
Example: the soon to be president elect said mitt Romney would put all the blacks back in chains. Yeah, Mr. Moderate Joe Biden is not.

Progressives don’t like the conservative push back on their slanders against us. That’s one reason they despise Trump. It is also one of the reasons he got elected.

48.png
0Scarlett_nidiyilii:
Or Marxist, or a baby killer… or other “terms of endearment”. And let’s skip the “argument”, that those are simple and truthful descriptors of the person… not insults. 🤣
Because here’s the thing…

The liberals have a bigger and better-funded propaganda platform for their insults—Hollywood and academia and news media.

For a conservative, they’re mocked and called names at a much greater rate than liberals have to face.

I thought this thread was going to announce what lots of analysts are predicting. That Trump will resign once he accepts the election result so that Pence can then enact the Presidents outgoing privilege of pardoning people from prosecution so that Trump can avoid jail.
That would not help him with the state criminal charges in NY. Tish is after him.

Step aside and let someone with a plan do positive things.
A plan? Oh, that’s right. A plan on a sheet of paper will stop the virus because Joe Biden has a D after his name. :roll_eyes:. Viruses don’t care what political party you are in. If it did, Cuomo and Murphy putting infected seniors back in nursing homes would not have killed thousands.
What can Biden do different?
Masks? Doing that.
Search for a vaccine? Almost there
Shut the country down? It doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Example: the soon to be president elect said mitt Romney would put all the blacks back in chains. Yeah, Mr. Moderate Joe Biden is not.
Well, not exactly.

“Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,” Mr. Biden said. “They’re going to put you all back in chains.”

It sounds like he called Romney’s policies recessive. Nice try, though. See how hoaxes live on?

Concentrate on the virus.
Take the situation seriously.
Depend on scientists who are experts.
Empathize with covid victims.
Lead by example

Trump has not done that.

48.png
JonNC:
Well, not exactly.

“Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,” Mr. Biden said. “They’re going to put you all back in chains.”

It sounds like he called Romney’s policies recessive. Nice try, though. See how hoaxes live on?
It was a vicious, racist slander. Know who the audience was.
Defend it all you want.

48.png
JonNC:
Concentrate on the virus.
Take the situation seriously.
Depend on scientists who are experts.
Empathize with covid victims.
Lead by example

Trump has not done that.
Fauci said he did everything they asked.
He shut down the best economy in 50 years. Id say he took it seriously.
Concentrate on if? How do you know what he was doing in the WH. He did concentrate on it.
So, empathizing would stop the virus? You’re right. He isn’t Ronald Reagan. He’s more like his immediate predecessor.
Lead by example? Oh, yeah. He didn’t participate in street riots, you know, like the good terrorists.

Concentrate on if? How do you know what he was doing in the WH. He did concentrate on it.
“It will be over by Easter>”
“It will just disappear”
“Maybe I’m immune, I don’t know.”

Sure, he took it seriously. Words to live by!

Led by example? What are the White House infection numbers now? He presided over superspreader reception!

Trump is out of his depth in dealing with a national emergency. He needs to step aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back