Trump's stunning abdication of leadership comes as pandemic worsens

• Thread starter Thread starter zsiga
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And one would expect something better from Christians.
Now, that’s a very interesting statement, coming from somebody with no religion at all.

Do you expect Christians to have no place to vent after dealing with constant verbal attacks and misrepresentation? No place to share stories?

Did it occur to you, that having the release valve of being able to speak freely might help a person not start hating the people who constantly verbal attack and misrepresent?

I’m afraid that seems rather abusive on your part.

Now, that’s a very interesting statement, coming from somebody with no religion at all.
Well, it is frequently said, that without religion there can be no “morality” at all. In real life I met many Christians, and they ALL were kind an lovable people. And I am extrapolating from my actual experiences. This forum is very different. I am contemplating to leave rather fast, because I don’t want my ideals be shattered even more. (Shall I see a kind message: “Don’t let the door hit your behind on your way out”?)
Do you expect Christians to have no place to vent after dealing with constant verbal attacks and misrepresentation? No place to share stories?

Did it occur to you, that having the release valve of being able to speak freely might help a person not start hating the people who constantly verbal attack and misrepresent?
You mean calling others “promoting genocide”, being “baby killers”, being “Marxist leftists” are just venting their frustration, not actual hatred?
Well, well… another example. 😉 Is this a new “term of endearment”?

Last edited:
Seriously, when I saw the headline, I thought Donald Trump had not merely conceded the election but actually resigned the presidency.
No, but this has been the longest period of time in his presidency in which he has not put himself in front of a camera. We usually see more of him.

This is true.

We just had a headline made up by someone who was largely attacking others, that one that began “again”.

I know the Democrats’ sensitive history often gets posts removed but that history, post-civil war, is that all the same.

Let’s put it this way.

If rather than a faction against another faction, you had two people in a troubled relationship,

Person A non stop calls person B names, lies about them. Lies to them. And the behavior is getting worse over time.

Wouldn’t you tell person B to reach out to people who understand?

See, there’s a type of liberal/skeptical/anti-theist discourse that goes along the lines of “Aw, I thought you said were a Christian”, when what they really mean is “Aw, it thought you’d be easier to push around, while I dangle the carrot of ‘maybe I’ll convert if you’re nice enough’”.

Again, it’s abusive.

And yes, I’m afraid the Democrat party really does promote abortion and now infanticide. If you don’t like that, then make them change.

Not at all. Millions of citizens and most scientists and epidemiologists think otherwise.
Millions of citizens think so because of the reporting of the dishonest DNC media and the censorship by the DNC social media.
All things considered”?
That it is a virus that nobody knew how to handle, as evidenced by the current circumstances in Europe.
We should consider what, that he had other things on his mind while hundreds of thousands of people were dying?
How do you know what he had on his mind? Again, Fauci said he did everything they asked. The experts have spent months disagreeing with what they themselves said before. Why? Because it is a virus that we are just now learning about.
That he could not predict what would happen when he eliminated Obama’s pandemic measures?
Fauci said he did everything they asked him to do.

Last edited:
the federal government has cashed out and left the states to struggle on their own.
This is absolutely not true. The small business I work for got over $500,000.00 in PPP funds.

January 31: The Trump Administration:
  • Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
  • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
  • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
March 3: The White House announced President Trump donated his fourth quarter salary to fight the coronavirus.

March 4: The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.

The bill provides $7.76 billion to federal, state, & local agencies to combat the coronavirus and authorizes an additional $500 million in waivers for Medicare telehealth restrictions.

March 10: President Trump and VP Pence met with top health insurance companies and secured a commitment to waive co-pays for coronavirus testing.

March 11: President Trump:
  • Announced travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the last 14 days.
  • Directed the Small Business Administration to issue low-interest loans to affected small businesses and called on congress to increase this fund by $50 billion.
  • Directed the Treasury Department to defer tax payments for affected individuals & businesses, & provide $200 billion in “additional liquidity.”
March 13: President Trump announced:
  • Public-private partnerships to open up drive-through testing collection sites.
  • A pause on interest payments on federal student loans.
  • An order to the Department of Energy to purchase oil for the strategic petroleum reserve.
  • March 18, Trump sent in the Navy to combat the virus.
What did Joe Biden’s “better plan that Trump won’t listen to” propose?

Biden did in fact call the president]xenophobic” in a tweet sent on Feb. 1 — the day after the ban —
“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fearmongering,” Biden said after the ban was announced. Experts eventually admitted the travel ban worked and saved lives. Eventually, Joe Biden flip-flopped on the issue

What did Nancy Pelosi say?

On February 24, Nancy Pelosi infamously visited San Francisco’s Chinatown section and told Americans that “everything is fine,” and “all is well,” and encouraged Americans to shop and eat there. “Come to Chinatown,” she said. “We just want everybody not to be afraid to come to Chinatown.”

What did Mario Cuomo do?

Sent infected patients to at risk nursing homes.

$7 trillion much of it borrowed from other countries or printed by the Fed gets you a lot.

No?

You wouldn’t have gotten a penny of that PPP without Pelosi’s consent. Among other things.

See, there’s a type of liberal/skeptical/anti-theist discourse that goes along the lines of “Aw, I thought you said were a Christian”, when what they really mean is “Aw, it thought you’d be easier to push around, while I dangle the carrot of ‘maybe I’ll convert if you’re nice enough’”.
Why not stop trying to read someone else’s mind?
Again, it’s abusive.
I have no idea what your criteria happens to be to call others “abusive”.
And yes, I’m afraid the Democrat party really does promote abortion and now infanticide.
If you will stop confusing abortion with choice, we shall be in a better position to conduct a conversation. Preferably without name calling.

And again… only a few posts and the conversation degenerates into “abortion”.

Millions of citizens think so because of the reporting of the dishonest DNC media and the censorship by the DNC social media.
Kill the messenger? In your view there’s a great big conspiracy out there against Trump and his minions? Sometimes a cigar is a cigar – don’t expect hidden meanings.

And again… only a few posts and the conversation degenerates into “abortion”.
This shouldn’t surprise you. You’re on a Catholic forum and this is a big deal to Catholics.

January 31: The Trump Administration:
  • Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
  • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
  • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
I want to make one comment on this. I applaud this move however, he did not require anyone to quarantine when they entered back into the US. At the time, I felt it was foolish not to do so and just made it look like returning Americans from China couldn’t possibly have carried the virus…only the Chinese.

The same for restricting entry from Europe. Why on earth didn’t we require a quarantine for anyone from Europe where it was ramping up at the time. From my point of view, the lack of quarantine procedures early on…even if we weren’t exactly sure of the methods of transmission…should have been mandated.

Regarding Cuomo…to this day, I have no idea what he was thinking when he placed recovering Covid patients into nursing homes. Did he genuinely think they were no longer contagious? I also wonder if we will ever get an answer to his reasoning. I don’t believe he actually wanted to kill them even though that was the result. Fortunately, everyone learned that lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back