Unofficial Election Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I feel otherwise. The medication they need doesn’t have to be chemo. Any medication that could save ones life should be available. If they can not afford it, it should be provided. There are organizations and some Pharma programs that do this…but, it’s on such a small scale as to be a pittance of what’s needed.

Those that suggest that 200 years ago, they wouldn’t have received care anyway need to realize there’s a difference between when we couldn’t then, but that we can now. Because we can, we should.

What are you spending on that children can’t have that sort of treatment?
What are we ( whichever country)spending on which isn’t necessary that chemo is today inaccesible when people need it?

Last edited:
If charities started paying for all that’s needed, they’d go broke overnight. Charities have to limit their giving for that reason. I realize many people have great faith that charities can handle all the problems but the facts show otherwise. Ask a local charity for pro life if they could handle the childbirth and care for all the women in their community if they showed up at their door instead of getting an abortion. They can’t. They might want to, but they just realistically can’t.

Biden could still pull it out of course, but 50% of the country will never accept his nomination. And it will be patently obvious that the American experiment will be dead and buried by that point.
In 2016 more than 50% of the country voted against Trump. Given what you’ve written here, can I assume you supported the “not my president” schtick carried on by some of them?

My former OB was on the board of a crisis pregnancy center, and volunteered.

The women who chose life were assisted then in applying for Medicaid, if they needed insurance. They would then come to his office for medical care.

He couldn’t feasibly offer free medical care to those women going to the crisis pregnancy center.

I think Biden will be called the winner and Trump will contest. I’m very confident that multiple instances of fraud will be uncovered, and that the ultimate outcome will be decided by the courts.
I’m not saying there was or wasn’t fraud, but the chances of any fraud being called out and the decision being reversed seems impossible. I do believe there is always fraud from both sides, but if Biden had really rigged the election that much then I feel like he would have done a slightly better job.
Biden could still pull it out of course, but 50% of the country will never accept his nomination. And it will be patently obvious that the American experiment will be dead and buried by that point.
How is this any different from the Trump presidency? 50% of people didn’t accept the nomination of Trump either, and whined constantly about “Russian collusion.” You’ll just become Biden’s version of that. Four more years of complaining about the fraud in the election, only this time from conservatives.

We hear the horror stories of the long waits in countries with national healthcare as well. One can pull up all kinds of negatives. There is no perfect system.

We hear the horror stories of the long waits in countries with national healthcare as well. One can pull up all kinds of negatives. There is no perfect system.
In our system, Canada, the waits are mostly for non urgent stuff. Nobody waits for the necessities. The pandemic did cause some worrying delays as the hospital system was strained to capacity.

It’s also hard to find a family doctor accepting new patients, but nobody is turned away from an ER or community walk-ins.

As you say no system is perfect. But one that leaves many people uncovered, is the most expensive in the world and has worse outcomes than ours (average life expectancy being one measure), perhaps could use a bit more tweaking.

I came across someone from Canada, they had to end up waiting a long time on a fairly minor operation. Broken leg or something.

Canada’s single-payer healthcare system forced over 1 million patients to wait for necessary medical treatments last year. That’s an all-time record.

Those long wait times were more than just a nuisance; they cost patients $1.9 billion in lost wages, according to a new report by the Fraser Institute, a Vancouver-based think-tank.

Lengthy treatment delays are the norm in Canada and other single-payer nations, which ration care to keep costs down. Yet more and more Democratic leaders are pushing for a single-payer system – and more and more voters are clamoring for one.

I came across someone from Canada, they had to end up waiting a long time on a fairly minor operation. Broken leg or something.
And I knew someone who died because of an operation they couldn’t afford. They even set up a fundraising website but couldn’t get enough support.

In our system, Canada, the waits are mostly for non urgent stuff. Nobody waits for the necessities. The pandemic did cause some worrying delays as the hospital system was strained to capacity.
That happened here too. Many hospital systems across the states are being overwhelmed.

I knew a family that faced bankruptcy over their child being born prematurely and insurance didn’t cover the over 100 thousand dollars of his hospital stay.

And it will be patently obvious that the American experiment will be dead and buried by that point.
This is what comes of thinking one can make America great with only a minority of Americans as followers. If this happens, it will be rather solid evidence that Trump did not care about America.

Last edited:
I’d 100% take the negative of having to wait a little longer over America’s negative of tens of thousands of people dying every year due to lack of health coverage.

I’d 100% take the negative of having to wait a little longer over America’s negative of tens of thousands of people dying every year due to lack of health coverage.
Not sure where you heard that but tens of thousands dying over lack of health care is not true.

It’s very true, unfortunately. Estimates range from 40,000-70,000 dying each year.
People can’t even afford ACA, family of 4, $600 a month. Now, they have these health cooperatives.

IF they are dying, it’s because ACA doesn’t function well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back