What is works salvation and why will it send people to hell?

• Thread starter Thread starter VociMike
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this relate to what, if anything, that is in our power, is necessary for our salvation?

If nothing in our power is necessary for salvation, then hearing, obeying or otherwise responding to the gospel is not required for our salvation.

Just to keep the question at hand in focus:

Is there anything which is in our power that is necessary for our salvation?
Asked and answered.

Asked and answered.
With totally contradictory answers - thus I am more confused now than when we started. Which makes me think is that the confusion does not lie with me but with the theology being offered. Remember the question, it is extremely simple:

What if anything within our power is necessary for salvation?

With totally contradictory answers - thus I am more confused now than when we started. Which makes me think is that the confusion does not lie with me but with the theology being offered. Remember the question, it is extremely simple:

Perhaps it’s time for you to answer the question. :yawn:

Perhaps it’s time for you to answer the question. :yawn:
My answer is the Catholic answer, easily found in the Catechism. It boils down to cooperation with God’s grace. But I am interested in getting to the bottom of the contradictory answers being offered by the non-Catholic contingent.

My answer is the Catholic answer, easily found in the Catechism. It boils down to cooperation with God’s grace. But I am interested in getting to the bottom of the contradictory answers being offered by the non-Catholic contingent.

List the contradictions.

Come on sandusky - stop evading and answer the man’s simple and honest question. We are waiting for the conclusion here.
If you don’t know then say simply “you don’t know”.

James

Come on sandusky - stop evading and answer the man’s simple and honest question. We are waiting for the conclusion here.
If you don’t know then say simply “you don’t know”.

James
Read the thread. As stated by me a few posts up, the question has been asked and answered; we have no power within ourselves to save ourselves.

What about that answer do you, or VociMike not understand?

What is your answer?

Specific post(s)?
Now you’re just dodging. Let’s just say I’ve heard both answers a thousand times in talking to Protestants. Either nothing in our power is necessary for salvation, or something in our power is necessary. Both answers have been offered by non-Catholics in this very thread (both answers by the same person in at least one case). Which is it?

Read the thread. As stated by me a few posts up, the question has been asked and answered; we have no power within ourselves to save ourselves.
Heck, that’s not even the question I asked! :eek:

What if anything in our power is necessary for our salvation?

Now you’re just dodging. Let’s just say I’ve heard both answers a thousand times in talking to Protestants. Either nothing in our power is necessary for salvation, or something in our power is necessary. Both answers have been offered by non-Catholics in this very thread (both answers by the same person in at least one case). Which is it?
As for both answers being given by different protestants… well there are Calvinists and their are Arminians… and they will answer opposite cause they have opposite beliefs.

As for one person giving both answers… I have no explaination.

So then, you are unable to provide any post(s) (a standard RC MO, IMO) to support your assertions; correct?

Having “no power” answers “if anything;” isn’t that correct?
No. Necessary is not the same as sufficient. A thing may be necessary while not being sufficient. I am not asking what if anything in our power is sufficient for our salvation.

No. Necessary is not the same as sufficient. A thing may be necessary while not being sufficient. I am not asking what if anything in our power is sufficient for our salvation.
Now who’s dodging? You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back