Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
losnlee02;9976719:
I dont either. I would like to know what proportionate reasons would allow a catholic to vote for a man who supports homosexual marriage and unrestricted taxpayer funded abortion on demand? i have not run across a single member of the magesterium that has even hinted a Catholic could vote for a person who holds such views.
Where have you been all these months? I’ve seen several Catholics explain their reasons to you. They probably tire of repeating themselves to you.
 
When you close it you dont allow the Holy Spirt to work. You put God in a small box and refuse to believe anything outside of it.
And when you completely turn it wrong side out, it doesn’t hold anything at all. So much for your ridiculous extremes.
 
They never said voting for a pro-choice canidate is an evil act. Supporting abortion is evil but not voting for a canidate who does.
That’s not what the bishops are cardinals are saying. I’ll believe them thanks.
 
This statement is not infallible and the Pope was not speaking from his office.
So, when you go to your Final Judgment, and you’re asked why you supported those who promote abortion, you’re going to say THAT? And you really expect that to work?
 
So tempted to select “someone else,” just for the fun of it. Must…not…do…it. 😃

I need pnewton’s cat, I think.
How about that Virgil Goode guy or whatever his name is I’ve seen mentioned on the forum. Wasn’t he getting some Catholic votes over Romney?
 
They never said voting for a pro-choice canidate is an evil act. Supporting abortion is evil but not voting for a canidate who does.
If you support and enable the man who promises an evil act, you’re just as guilty of the act as he is.
 
So, when you go to your Final Judgment, and you’re asked why you supported those who promote abortion, you’re going to say THAT? And you really expect that to work?
So when God ask you how you supported the poor, undocumented, and marginalized? What are you going to say? Ughhhh I voted for Romney! LOL:D
 
How about that Virgil Goode guy or whatever his name is I’ve seen mentioned on the forum. Wasn’t he getting some Catholic votes over Romney?
Yep…and yet, no one has selected “other” to answer the “who will win the US presidential election.” Weird. Surely, there have got to be some people who voted for a candidate they thought might win…

Oh wait, they voted for someone knowing that they wouldn’t win…my bad. 😛
 
So when God ask you how you supported the poor, undocumented, and marginalized? What are you going to say? Ughhhh I voted for Romney! LOL:D
Nope, I’m going to say I helped the poor and taught the ignorant and helped the sick and visited the prisoner AND I opposed abortion because it was evil, just as the Church taught and my well-formed conscience said I should do.

It’s not EITHER/OR. This is not a multiple choice question.
 
Nope, I’m going to say I helped the poor and taught the ignorant and helped the sick and visited the prisoner AND I opposed abortion because it was evil, just as the Church taught and my well-formed conscience said I should do.

It’s not EITHER/OR. This is not a multiple choice question.
👍 A living saint!!!
 
👍 A living saint!!!
You’d be surprised how common it is that people help each other, CatholicGuy. It’s a basic Catholic thing for a lot of faithful and believing people.

And I meant what I said before: This is not a multiple choice question.

You can’t scream and yell about the poor and treat the unborn like nothing. It’s incoherent.
 
Suuuuure, he did. From the bishop who’s obviously sitting right there at his side with nothing better to do than answer his questions on the day before a presidential election.

Show me a press release on the subject dated today, CMatt, and I"ll believe what you have to say. Otherwise, :D:D:D:D
Well I have his letter right in front of me. 🤷 But what does today have to do with it? Granted he is now a retired bishop though was not at the time of my correspondence with him. Has the Catholic Church changed Her teaching on who is a Catholic?
 
You’d be surprised how common it is that people help each other, CatholicGuy.

And I meant what I said before: This is not a multiple choice question.
Black and White theology and that old fire and brimstone thinking.
 
Well I have his letter right in front of me. 🤷 But what does today have to do with it? Granted he is now a retired bishop though was not at the time of my correspondence with him. Has the Catholic Church changed Her teaching on who is a Catholic?
Poor, poor CMatt. You do have a quandary, don’t you. Show me a press release dated today and I’ll believe you. Otherwise, as far as I’m concerned you have nothing because you have no proof.

You might as well just put up some more CAF signs. Sigh. 😛
 
Black and White theology and that old fire and brimstone thinking.
Right. Championing the poor and treating the unborn like nothing is black and white theology. You do exactly what you decry. Do you even realize this?
 
So when God ask you how you supported the poor, undocumented, and marginalized? What are you going to say? Ughhhh I voted for Romney! LOL:D
No. I’ll tell Him what I did do, both as a citizen and as a private individual. But you know, there is absolutely no reason to say that Romney has any less regard for the poor than Obama does. Romney has certainly proved charitable in his private life. What makes you think he will treat the poor any worse than Obama has?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top