Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When i give food to the poor they call me a saint. When i ask why the poor dont have food they call me a communist
When I protect the innocent and give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why Catholics would vote for politicians who allow the killing of innocents, they lol.
 
Nope, I’m going to say I helped the poor and taught the ignorant and helped the sick and visited the prisoner AND I opposed abortion because it was evil, just as the Church taught and my well-formed conscience said I should do.

It’s not EITHER/OR. This is not a multiple choice question.
👍 A living saint!!!
When i give food to the poor they call me a saint. When i ask why the poor dont have food they call me a communist
When I protect the innocent and give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why Catholics would vote for politicians who allow the killing of innocents, they lol.
 
Evidently you are going to say " well I voted for a guy who promised to take other peoples money and do it for me"
Why do lefties constantly accuse righties of not caring about the poor? Mitt Romney donated $20 million charity in 2011. He also donates 10% of his time helping poor people.

Many of us righties think we, not the government should be helping the poor. That is what St. Vincent de Paul Society does. I donate my time to helping the poor.
 
I am unaffiliated and I care about the poor…just don’t want them to BECOME DEPENDENT ON GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS (there is way too much fraud in food stamps, too). That’s why I support my local Catholic Social Services, including their home for women fleeing abortion and domestic violence AND my parish’s Saint Vincent De Paul Society council. I also give money to pro life groups like Priests for Life.

I want our economy to improve (which would help many get out of poverty because if the economy improves, so does JOB AVAILABILITY), so I did not vote for Pres. Obama, who has done very little to help the economy,
 
I am not justifying myself! I just wished Catholics would not forget those poor for the sake of one issue. Our minds need to open and see the need for justice in all life not just the unborn!👍
I don’t agree that Catholics have forgotten the poor. The country has not forgotten the poor and the taxes going into welfare programs increases every year. I do not understand how people cannot grasp that we cannot go on like this. We have tried it the “Great Society” way for decades and we still have more and more people who need help. It is time to try something different, something that may work better than what we have been doing. Romney, while not my first choice for a nominee, is an accomplished businessman. He has dealt with budgets and cost-cutting for efficiency sake. I think he should be hired. He certainly can’t do worse than what we have now. All the politicians talk about doing something to save Medicare and Social Security but none of them have the nerve to act on their words. The commission, appointed by Obama himself, has shown ways to do this and they have been totally ignored. Just another commission to spend money on and then throw by the wayside. We can do better. For the sake of the country, we must do better.
 
Are you guys reduced to going out & tearing up the bayou to find somebody to tell you what you want to hear now?
I was refferring to a long time poster here, who I believe was a Conservative. He passed away about a year ago. 😦
 
So, when you go to your Final Judgment, and you’re asked why you supported those who promote abortion, you’re going to say THAT? And you really expect that to work?
If US secular elections even come up and I’m asked, I’m going to say Lord I personally opposed abortion. And Lord I know You understand my heart better than CAF posters did. And You understand I was voting on many issues in secular elections in a nation of many plural beliefs. But if I was wrong in my voting, Lord, have mercy on me.

And considering my faith is He was crucified and died for us and our sins. Was buried and rose on the 3rd day. Ascending into heaven where He is seateth at the righthand of The Father… I have to have faith if how I vote in any US election is wrong, that in His mercy and love, I will be forgiven.

Because for me to not believe this, would be for me, to deny my faith in Him and to deny what He did for me on the Cross. And yes I pray my faith works.
 
How do you know he died?
You were around. He was a big EF fellow. Had latin script in his sig. line, and some kind of stone wall-carving. Just can’t remember the name. He was a long-time poster.

His death was announced to the whole forum.
 
You were around. He was a big EF fellow. Had latin script in his sig. line, and some kind of stone wall-carving. Just can’t remember the name. He was a long-time poster.

His death was announced to the whole forum.
brotherhrolf?
 
You were around. He was a big EF fellow. Had latin script in his sig. line, and some kind of stone wall-carving. Just can’t remember the name. He was a long-time poster.

His death was announced to the whole forum.
Check my friends.
 
Thanks for your help CMatt25. :extrahappy:
You’re welcome and I am sorry and please forgive me if I came across abruptly with you. I like to get the Church’s actual answer right in regard to who She considers a Catholic and therefore how Catholics such as Biden and Pelosi have the right to consider themselves Catholic. As it is such basic teaching and I’ve seen various answers here. I’m glad I could help. God bless you along your journey and peace be with you always.
 
MODERATOR NOTICE

This thread is wandering please return to the topic of the original post

Please charitably discuss the issues, not each other
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top