Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Robert Bay!!

Okay…how about Stein? Is she going to win?
 
If US secular elections even come up and I’m asked, I’m going to say Lord I personally opposed abortion. And Lord I know You understand my heart better than CAF posters did. And You understand I was voting on many issues in secular elections in a nation of many plural beliefs. But if I was wrong in my voting, Lord, have mercy on me.

And considering my faith is He was crucified and died for us and our sins. Was buried and rose on the 3rd day. Ascending into heaven where He is seateth at the righthand of The Father… I have to have faith if how I vote in any US election is wrong, that in His mercy and love, I will be forgiven.

Because for me to not believe this, would be for me, to deny my faith in Him and to deny what He did for me on the Cross. And yes I pray my faith works.
Thank you for clarifying that you are a protestant who believes Jesus’ sacrifice covers our sins no matter what. So, okay, that’s your faith.

Catholics do not believe that. So in addressing the issue of supporting an abortion-promoting politician, it is useful, even necessary, in a Catholic forum to make it clear that you are coming from a different belief system entirely, so no confusion is caused that somehow you are arguing from a Catholic moral perspective.

It’s good that you have done so.

Oh, back to the topic. 🙂 (Just noticed the moderator’s comment) I still believe Romney can win this race. I hope he does, because I truly hate the thought that my children will have four more years of “Depression Lite” compliments of Barack Obama and his crew.
 
I guess she isn’t in jail anymore. . . .

Can the President govern from behind bars???
I don’t think the Green Party candidate is going to win. In 2000 though their candidate may have taken enough votes from Gore in FL to cost him the Electoral College which could have avoided going to the SCOTUS for their decision. If I hadn’t decided to choose between the 2 who have a chance, I might have voted Green. But didn’t know she was in jail.
 
I don’t think the Green Party candidate is going to win. In 2000 though their candidate may have taken enough votes from Gore in FL to cost him the Electoral College which could have avoided going to the SCOTUS for their decision. If I hadn’t decided to choose between the 2 who have a chance, I might have voted Green. But didn’t know she was in jail.
Oh I’m sure she’s not in jail now. She just caused a ruckus at the debate and got arrested along with the Green VP candidate. Probably just went to the police station and were released.

I was just being spicy.🙂
 
If US secular elections even come up and I’m asked, I’m going to say Lord I personally opposed abortion. And Lord I know You understand my heart better than CAF posters did. And You understand I was voting on many issues in secular elections in a nation of many plural beliefs. But if I was wrong in my voting, Lord, have mercy on me.

And considering my faith is He was crucified and died for us and our sins. Was buried and rose on the 3rd day. Ascending into heaven where He is seateth at the righthand of The Father… I have to have faith if how I vote in any US election is wrong, that in His mercy and love, I will be forgiven.

Because for me to not believe this, would be for me, to deny my faith in Him and to deny what He did for me on the Cross. And yes I pray my faith works.
Remember two things: God is not mocked, and the sin of presumption (presuming one will be forgiven in the end so it is ok to sin now).

One (and I am not singling you out here) should not go to the polls intending to vote for one everybody knows wants to make abortion available to everybody (freely if possible) with the idea of going to confession or seeking forgiveness for it later. As I said, God is not mocked, and doing this seems awfully close to making a mockery of that Sacrament.

And it presumes upon the mercy of Our Lord.

If someone hesitates killing somebody out of fear of hell, but then says, ‘Wait a minute, I can just go to confession afterwards and all will be fine!’ and kills the person, that person might be in for quite a surprise at their judgment.

God knows all things, we cannot fool him.
God bless you.
 
Thank you for clarifying that you are a protestant who believes Jesus’ sacrifice covers our sins no matter what. So, okay, that’s your faith.

Catholics do not believe that. So in addressing the issue of supporting an abortion-promoting politician, it is useful, even necessary, in a Catholic forum to make it clear that you are coming from a different belief system entirely, so no confusion is caused that somehow you are arguing from a Catholic moral perspective.

It’s good that you have done so.

Oh, back to the topic. 🙂 (Just noticed the moderator’s comment) I still believe Romney can win this race. I hope he does, because I truly hate the thought that my children will have four more years of “Depression Lite” compliments of Barack Obama and his crew.
No way to edit after you noticed?
 
Oh I’m sure she’s not in jail now. She just caused a ruckus at the debate and got arrested along with the Green VP candidate. Probably just went to the police station and were released.

I was just being spicy.🙂
Oh yes I remember her arrest now. But she still isn’t going to win. 🙂
 
I don’t like either. I love Gov. Johnson but at the end of the day voted my faith and went with voting for the ticket Paul Ryan is in.

As for who will win? Polls have them tied or almost tied. Thing is, they poll a ridiculous amount of Democrats. CNN is tied, but they poll Democrats +11%. In 08, Democratic turn out was +7%. 08 isn’t going to happen again.

And Romney is up with independents in these polls.

But early voting has Obama winning. Republican turn out has to be high on Election Day. Luckily Republicans tend to vote on Election Day instead of voting early.

And maybe some of the Dems who voted early voted for Romney?? So maybe the gap isn’t too large.

I’m hoping for a large election turn out for Romney.

If Christians can show up to Chick-fil-A in record numbers, I’m sure they can do it in the polls. In fact, I will be disappointed if they don’t!
 
Remember two things: God is not mocked, and the sin of presumption (presuming one will be forgiven in the end so it is ok to sin now).

One (and I am not singling you out here) should not go to the polls intending to vote for one everybody knows wants to make abortion available to everybody (freely if possible) with the idea of going to confession or seeking forgiveness for it later. As I said, God is not mocked, and doing this seems awfully close to making a mockery of that Sacrament.
And it presumes upon the mercy of Our Lord.

If someone hesitates killing somebody out of fear of hell, but then says, ‘Wait a minute, I can just go to confession afterwards and all will be fine!’ and kills the person, that person might be in for quite a surprise at their judgment.

God bless you.
Who do think is going to win the election? I think either could. God bless you too.
 
What would Blessed Mother Teresa say to voters
Has she ever made any remarks regarding elections? I’d be most surprised if she ever did. So, everything “she said” would appear to be pure conjecture.

Of course, I may be wrong about this. I’d appreciate any quotations from her regarding voting.
 
If Christians can show up to Chick-fil-A in record numbers, I’m sure they can do it in the polls. In fact, I will be disappointed if they don’t!
Give out free chicken sandwiches and that would guarantee a great turnout at the polls. 😃
 
Who do think is going to win the election? I think either could. God bless you too.
I am hoping Romney wins. I suspect Obama might though, because he has shown himself to be a tool of Satan with his abortion agenda, anti-Catholic agenda, and same-sex marriage agenda, and the present hour is the hour of Satan (from an alleged ongoing apparition). We are living in the short time of Rev 20 imho (visit the End Times Speculation thread sometime!), and so Satan is very powerful at this time.

Well, you asked, so there it is!

God bless you.
 
Free sandwiches would just attract the 47%. Free stuff is the whole reason they vote Democrat. 😛 😉
I am an independent. I worked hard, long hours much of my life. I have been blessed to have a job for much of this downturn except where I was out of work for about a year straight. I like free stuff too! If they offer free sandwiches and coffee, I’m there! (already voted though and got nothing but an “I Voted” sticker 😦 )

In the early days of the republic, candidates offered free beer!!

God bless you.
 
I am an independent. I worked hard, long hours much of my life. I have been blessed to have a job for much of this downturn except where I was out of work for about a year straight. I like free stuff too! If they offer free sandwiches and coffee, I’m there! (already voted though and got nothing but an “I Voted” sticker 😦 )

In the early days of the republic, candidates offered free beer!!

God bless you.
Okay…depending on the beer, I might show up. 😛

We vote by mail in Washington. Can they just send me a case of my choosing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top