Will Joe Biden Be The First Presidential Nominee In 80 Years To Refuse A Debate?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the “Amazing Disgrace” of last’s night’s event is over, we can now see that Trump will be the first Presidential nominee in 80 years to refuse a debate, because that is exactly what he did. He refused to debate.

Last edited:
Maybe Biden should get some advice from stand up comics. They deal with hecklers all the time, and that is what Trump was.

Comics also have bouncers who remove the more belligerent hecklers from ruining the show.

They should have a zoom debate.

Question.

Only the person answering gets the mic.

Then rebuttal.

That’s how it should happen in real life.

Trump may be the First Presidential Nominee to refuse a Debate, if he does not like the new rules that will come out in 24 to 48 hours.

So Biden can dish it out but he can’t take it.

Joe debates; doesn’t like it, then wants to change the rules.

take what? Take an unhinged child interrupting him every single time? Seriously, even Foxnews agrees Trump was off the rails. No empathetic human being can see his debate performance as Presidential or even civil. The rules must be changed and the microphones, on both sides, must be on MUTE when the other is speaking. This is common decency and the definition of a debate.

The rules must be changed and the microphones, on both sides, must be on MUTE when the other is speaking. This is common decency and the definition of a debate.
Yes - but let’s be clear. The rules must change because one of those subject to the rules has demonstrated an unwillingness (inability?) to follow rules. So we need rules that are enforceable.

And as I’ve said, Americanthinker.com today has a fine compilation of liberals saying Trump won.

Biden can be very nasty: saying “shut up” and calling names like liar, clown, Putin’s puppy? Pretty galling that now the same man who said these things wants to change the rules.

When you want to change the rules, it just means you lost and won’t accept it.

Stop the presses - we agree on something!

Probably will happen again in like 2023.

Silly question, but why is this topic still active? The debate happened. This seems to be a moot point.

I rather liked how it turned out: I saw Biden behave badly; get smacked down; and want to change rules. Subsequently I saw liberals saying Trump won, and a 2-1 majority of telemundo watchers say the same thing. So I’m fine with it.

And you’re perfectly entitled to see whatever you like. I see it differently. With all apologies to U2, “I don’t know if it’s black or white; some others see it red.”

Subsequently I saw liberals saying Trump won
The only thing Trump won was the prize for the most verbal obstructions to the debate with his constant interruptions. He is the king of interruptions, I’ll grant you that. It just confirms what I said a while ago: Trump refused to participate in an actual debate.

Last edited:
We’re not going to get anywhere with this, Leaf. I get that you disagree with me - we disagree often.

So Biden can dish it out but he can’t take it.

Joe debates; doesn’t like it, then wants to change the rules.
No

Trump approves the rules, and then ignores them during the debate.

Trump does not like Law and Order if he has to obey.

Disagree. I’m sure rules don’t cover things like Joe Biden barking at Trump to “shut up.”

This is going as all our political threads seem to go:
Trump supporters and Biden supporters disagree on things.

As I saw on facebook last night.

“Has anyone considered unplugging America and then plugging America back in?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back