Info on SDA

• Thread starter Thread starter gitsch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exodus 16:23 shows that the Isrealites were told by God which day was the 7th day. God gave them manna each day for 6 days of the week. On the sixth day they were commanded by God to gather twice as much manna so they would not have to gather any on the Sabbath day. In fact, no manna fell on the 7th day. That shows that the Jewish calendar is correct and by extension that Saturday is the Sabbath day. It was not man’s decision, it came directly from God.
Did God name the Sabbath Saturday? Did He name the days of the week? He said to keep holy the Sabbath, which was the seventh day of creation. What name did God give that day?

PAX DOMINI :signofcross:

Shalom Aleichem

RICHARD:
I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again, Jesus, the God of the Old and New testament, made a new and everlasting covenant with with us ( Matt. 26:27-29 ). The Old covenant ( Jer.31:31-37-- please read and understand the entire text ) was with the Jews ; the house of Judah and the house of Israel. That covenant is the old Law and it was fulfilled ( completed ) by Jesus and nailed to the cross.

My justification and salvation does not depend upon my keeping the law but on my acceptance of Jesus as my God and Saviour and my total belief in Him. My salvation, and justification is a free gift of His grace. Only that determines my destiny, not the Law.
Now I ask again, what about those Jews that deny/denied Christ? What happens/happened to them?

They are still Jews and are still God’s chosen people. They may have denied Him, but He has never denied them, nor can He abrogate or destroy the covenant He made with them. They are still under the Law and will be judged by the Law but we are not and will be judged only by our faith in Jesus. That is His word.

Shalom Aleichem

Exodus 16:23 shows that the Isrealites were told by God which day was the 7th day. God gave them manna each day for 6 days of the week. On the sixth day they were commanded by God to gather twice as much manna so they would not have to gather any on the Sabbath day. In fact, no manna fell on the 7th day. That shows that the Jewish calendar is correct and by extension that Saturday is the Sabbath day. It was not man’s decision, it came directly from God.
I think that today’s Torah-observant Jews know which day, so named Saturday in the Gregorian calendar, is the seventh-day. Jesus,who worshipped in the synagogues with His fellow Torah-observant Jewish believers, expressed no idea that He was not observing the Shabbat on the correct day of the week. This was long after the captivities in Egypt and Babylon, when some historians indicate that the Jews might have lost track of time in terms of the religious calendar. The Jews have not lost track of when the weekly Sabbath was, and is, since way back then, at the time of Christ.

Ron:

Have you visited hebrewcatholic.org? Try it. Read about Athol Bloomer and talk with David Moss. You will find it interesting and maybe learn something.

Javl

Shalom haMeshiach

RICHARD:
I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again, Jesus, the God of the Old and New testament, made a new and everlasting covenant with with us ( Matt. 26:27-29 ). The Old covenant ( Jer.31:31-37-- please read and understand the entire text ) was with the Jews ; the house of Judah and the house of Israel. That covenant is the old Law and it was fulfilled ( completed ) by Jesus and nailed to the cross.
If you can read my last post and still hang onto this nonsense, it is not because I or the scripture is unclear. Jeraemiah 31:31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a **new covenant **with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: states that it is talking of the NEW COVENANT and Heb.10:10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

explains that that covenant is the covenant in Jesus Christ that writes the LAW on our minds and in our hearts. The fact that you don’t accept this in no way changes what the scriptures clearly say.
My justification and salvation does not depend upon my keeping the law but on my acceptance of Jesus as my God and Saviour and my total belief in Him. My salvation, and justification is a free gift of His grace.
This is all true. I have never said anything against salvation through faith in Christ alone.
Only that determines my destiny, not the Law.
Are you saying that Jesus will accept sinners into His heavenly kingdom because they are ethnic Jews? Think again.
Now I ask again, what about those Jews that deny/denied Christ? What happens/happened to them?
They are still Jews and are still God’s chosen people. They may have denied Him, but He has never denied them, nor can He abrogate or destroy the covenant He made with them. They are still under the Law and will be judged by the Law but we are not and will be judged only by our faith in Jesus. That is His word.
Galatians 3:28-29 “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you be Christ’s, then are you Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

It’s not the fact that the Jews are Jews in the flesh or whether they keep the law that is going to save them. We, and by that I mean all mankind are saved by faith in Jesus Christ. Because it is through Him that we become spiritual Jews and heirs according to the promise. Javl there is only one way to the Father and that is through Jesus Christ.

John 14:6
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jn.14:6 does not make an exception for ethnic Jews. It is through Jesus that we become spiritual Jews whether we are ethnic Jews, Catholics, or pagans and it is only through Him that we become Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

TO ALL:

Please read and understand the following:

***Sunday was the first day of the week according to the Jewish method of reckoning, but for Christians it began to take the place of the Jewish Sabbath in Apostolic times as the day set apart for the public and solemn worship of God.
The practice of meeting together on the first day of the week for the celebration of the Eucharistic Sacrifice is indicated in Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2; in Apocalypse 1:10, it is called the Lord’s day. In the Didache (14) the injunction is given: “On the Lord’s Day come together and break bread. And give thanks (offer the Eucharist), after confessing your sins that your sacrifice may be pure”.
St. Ignatius (Ep. ad Magnes. ix) speaks of Christians as “no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day, on which also Our Life rose again”. In the Epistle of Barnabas (xv) we read: “Wherefore, also, we keep the eight day (i.e. the first of the week) with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead”.
St. Justin is the first Christian writer to call the day Sunday (I Apol., lxvii) in the celebrated passage in which he describes the worship offered by the early Christians on that day to God. The fact that they met together and offered public worship on Sunday necessitated a certain rest from work on that day. However, Tertullian (202) is the first writer who expressly mentions the Sunday rest: “We, however (just as tradition has taught us), on the day of the Lord’s Resurrection ought to guard not only against kneeling, but every posture and office of solicitude, deferring even our businesses lest we give any place to the devil” (“De orat.”, xxiii; cf. “Ad nation.”, I, xiii; “Apolog.”, xvi). ***
The injunction to worship on Sunday is given in Scripture. That should settle once and for all the question of the Sabbath. We, who hold the Sabbath on Sunday and not Saturday are not in violation of the commandment, regardless what the SDA Church and its “theologians” say. The SDA is putting its own interpretation on scripture and refusing to recognize the sacrifice and teaching of Jesus and the Apostles.

Shalom Aleichem

Catholics and the rest of Christianity have been following the practice of the Lord’s day for almost 2,000 years. IF the Lord had wanted us corrected, He would have done so a long time ago, as He watches out for us, He is our Good Shepherd. He leaves us His Holy Spirit Who works through the Apostles and their successors and is present in the faithful Christians.

TO ALL:

Please read and understand the following:

Quote:
Sunday was the first day of the week according to the Jewish method of reckoning, but for Christians it began to take the place of the Jewish Sabbath in Apostolic times as the day set apart for the public and solemn worship of God.
Maybe, but not by the apostles.
The practice of meeting together on the first day of the week for the celebration of the Eucharistic Sacrifice is indicated in Acts 20:7;
After preaching all day on the sabbath they came together to have a bite to eat after sundown which would make it the first day. There is nothing here to indicate a change in the day.
1 Corinthians 16:2; 2Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
This talks about a special offering to be brought. probably mentions the first day because Paul would be comming through at this time. Nothing here indicates a change in the day.
in Apocalypse 1:10 it is called the Lord’s day.
It doesn’t even call it the first day here. This is a reference to Mark 2: 28Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Which means the Lord’s day is the Sabbath.
In the Didache (14) the injunction is given: “On the Lord’s Day come together and break bread. And give thanks (offer the Eucharist), after confessing your sins that your sacrifice may be pure”
The word of God says Ex.20: 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
St. Ignatius (Ep. ad Magnes. ix) speaks of Christians as “no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day, on which also Our Life rose again”. In the Epistle of Barnabas (xv) we read: “Wherefore, also, we keep the eight day (i.e. the first of the week) with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead”.
St. Justin is the first Christian writer to call the day Sunday (I Apol., lxvii) in the celebrated passage in which he describes the worship offered by the early Christians on that day to God. The fact that they met together and offered public worship on Sunday necessitated a certain rest from work on that day. However, Tertullian (202) is the first writer who expressly mentions the Sunday rest: “We, however (just as tradition has taught us), on the day of the Lord’s Resurrection ought to guard not only against kneeling, but every posture and office of solicitude, deferring even our businesses lest we give any place to the devil” (“De orat.”, xxiii; cf. “Ad nation.”, I, xiii; “Apolog.”, xvi).
Yet the word of God says Ex.20: 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The injunction to worship on Sunday is given in Scripture.
Where?
That should settle once and for all the question of the Sabbath. We, who hold the Sabbath on Sunday and not Saturday are not in violation of the commandment, regardless what the SDA Church and its “theologians” say. The SDA is putting its own interpretation on scripture and refusing to recognize the sacrifice and teaching of Jesus and the Apostles.
No, it’s you who are putting your spin on scripture.
Gen.2
Genesis 2
1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ex.20
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God

The seventh day is the Sabbath. Sunday is the first day. It is impossible to keep the seventh day holy on the first day.

Maybe, but not by the apostles.

After preaching all day on the sabbath they came together to have a bite to eat after sundown which would make it the first day. There is nothing here to indicate a change in the day.

This talks about a special offering to be brought. probably mentions the first day because Paul would be comming through at this time. Nothing here indicates a change in the day.

It doesn’t even call it the first day here. This is a reference to Mark 2: 28Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Which means the Lord’s day is the Sabbath.

Yet the word of God says Ex.20: 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Where?

No, it’s you who are putting your spin on scripture.
Gen.2
Genesis 2
1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ex.20
8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God

The seventh day is the Sabbath. Sunday is the first day. It is impossible to keep the seventh day holy on the first day.
Richard:

No matter how you cut it and spout your scriptures you are obstinate and wrong, wrong, wrong. You err in almost every respect and you have the nerve to call what Jesus, the Apostles, and the Chrch Fathers have taught “nonsense”. I’ve come to believe that you know nothing of His teachings, even though you quote scripture, and you refuse to believe and accept what is presented to you in black and white.

There are about 2 billion Christians who keep Sunday as the Sabbath. They follow the teachings and traditions as set down by the early Church. Can it be that we are all wrong and have been for 2000 years and only you and the SDA are right? Not only do I think not, I know not. You remind me too much of C.T Russell who claimed that without studying and using his “Studies in the Scriptures” you would remain in the dark, or then Mrs. Baker-Eddy and her “Key to the Scriptures”, without which you don’t know anything about God. And all the others that have come up with their own brand of theology that is diametrically opposite of what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

I honestly suggest that you read and study the total scriptures, the early and late Church Fathers, and the Didache, plus the history of the Church, and really learn about Christianity.

I know that you are a good follower of Jesus and want to please and obey Him, as we all do, but please do it the right way. Until then, peace.

Shalom Aleichem

The above post is true and in addition to it…

The SDAs and JWs must twist and turn round scriptures to fit into their demonically inspired square SDA holes. For example, the Lord Jesus Christ declared that men have consciousness after death, but SDAs have come on this board and said that that’s what the devil declared. The bible says that Jesus said it, but the SDAs say that the devil said it. Exactly who is the spiritual leader of Adventism? The answer is abundantly clear. :rolleyes:

Jesus said that we have immediate consciousness after the death of our mortal bodies, but SDAs quote Old Testament verses in Ecclesiastes and Psalms as proof that Jesus was wrong. This is heresy!!!

And it all came from SDA Ellen Gould White who proclaimed that some black American slaves will never be resurrected and that she saw Enoch on a planet with four moons and that some of her followers would be translated instead of experiencing a mortal death and… and… and this is all unbelievable!!!

Adventism is filled with doctrines of demons. Unbelievable!!! 🤷

Beware of Seventh-day Adventism!!! :tsktsk:

Ms. SDA BibleTruth, you freely admit that under the New Testament, a person can’t be stoned-to-death for failing to keep the Saturday Jewish Sabbath. Do you also admit that the Finger-of-God, which wrote the 10 commandments, was nailed to the cross to pay the full penalty of the law, to include the penalty for violating the OT statutes and ordinances, as well as the 10 commandments? Is the full penalty paid**:** yes or no?

Subsequent to the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross, the apostles wrote that Christians must obey all nine of the moral commandments, but the Saturday sabbath commandment was not mentioned by the apostles because the apostles began meeting on the Lord’s day (Sunday) since that’s the day Jesus rose from the dead.
It is written in James 2:8-12: If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James is citing the Ten Commandments in this passage.

James 1:25: But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Believe it or not, accept it or not, the Law and the covenant with the Jews is/was for the Jews alone. Those that accepted Christ and became/are His followers are NOT BOUND to the Law. The whole Law was fulfilled ( kept and completed) by Jesus and was nailed to the cross with Him. Our salvation is not dependent upon the Law, as is the Jews, but upon total and complete acceptance, submission to, and faith in Jesus.

As God ( and the God who gave the Law ) He gave His Apostles and all His disciples two new commandments and a new and everlasting covenant, all of which are still in force today. The Apostles and early Christians understood all this and passed this Holy Tradition on to subsequent believers down to the present day. It cannot be that mainline Christendom is in error, as per the SDA, because the Church is the BODY OF CHRIST.. Therefore the Church cannot err. If the Church does err, then Jesus is not and cannot be who He claims to be.

Shalom Aleichem
So in Mark 2:27 where it says the Sabbath was made for man (anthrōpos - humanity, mankind), I suppose you’re saying that Jesus was mistaken. Nice.

Yes. He said to work six days and to rest on the seventh and keep it Holy. He DID NOT SAY that Saturday is the seventh day, it was man who decided that. My seventh day is Sunday. I keep it holy and dedicate it to God!

Shalom Aleichem
That’s because apparently you trust in your own works and the traditions of men and not the Word of God. The Jewish religion is testimony to the fact that the day we call Saturday is the same seventh-day that Jesus kept holy nearly 2,000 years ago. You can’t keep something holy that was never made holy.

Did it ever occur to you why so many languages across the world have some variation of the word “Sabbath” for the seventh-day of the week?

Just admit that your religion is based on tradition and not Scripture and at least we can find some common ground.

The above post is true and in addition to it…

The SDAs and JWs must twist and turn round scriptures to fit into their demonically inspired square SDA holes. For example, the Lord Jesus Christ declared that men have consciousness after death, but SDAs have come on this board and said that that’s what the devil declared. The bible says that Jesus said it, but the SDAs say that the devil said it. Exactly who is the spiritual leader of Adventism? The answer is abundantly clear. :rolleyes:

Jesus said that we have immediate consciousness after the death of our mortal bodies, but SDAs quote Old Testament verses in Ecclesiastes and Psalms as proof that Jesus was wrong. This is heresy!!!

And it all came from SDA Ellen Gould White who proclaimed that some black American slaves will never be resurrected and that she saw Enoch on a planet with four moons and that some of her followers would be translated instead of experiencing a mortal death and… and… and this is all unbelievable!!!

Adventism is filled with doctrines of demons. Unbelievable!!! 🤷

Beware of Seventh-day Adventism!!! :tsktsk:
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

It is written in James 2:8-12: If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James is citing the Ten Commandments in this passage.

James 1:25: But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Ms. SDA BibleTruth, exactly why aren’t Christians allowed to stone violators of the Jewish Saturday sabbath?

These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
Ms. SDA BibleTruth, that is correct. In the vernacular of that day, the word sleep could also mean death. In the 21st Century in the English language, we still use that exact same vernacular e.g. rest in peace (RIP). However, when I say rest in peace, I mean that he is dead and his worldly troubles are over**;** however, we are implicitly implying that the dead person is either in heaven or in hell – but certainly not soul sleeping. The vernacular of Jesus was the same and that’s exactly why He cited the consciousness of Lazarus and the rich man immediately upon the death of their mortal bodies.

Ms. SDA BibleTruth, do you believe the Lord Jesus Christ when He said that Lazarus and the rich man had consciousness when their mortal bodies died? Or do you believe the Old Testament scriptures in Ecclesiastes that was written in sorrow, from the poetic viewpoint of an atheist?

The Lord Jesus Christ made it clear and that settles it. :extrahappy:

Please set the glass of SDA Kool-Aide down. :gopray2:

There are many supporting texts.

In the story of Lazarus and the rich man, it’s interesting to note that Jesus said "There was a certain rich man…" It is not a parable. However, this message of life-after-death by the Lord Jesus does not mesh with Ellen White’s heresy of soul sleep – and that’s why the SDAs and JWs must conjure up fabricated stores to discredit Jesus’ testimony.

In all of the scriptural parables, they are always identified as parables**:*** Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower… (Matt 13:18)
  • Another parable put he forth unto them, saying… (Matt 13:24)
  • Another parable put he forth unto them, saying… (Matt 13:31)
  • Now learn a parable of the fig tree… (Mark 13:28)
  • And he spake also a parable unto them… (Luke 5:36)
  • This parable spake Jesus unto them… (John 10:6)
  • et al
In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, Jesus was teaching the Pharisees that the kingdom of heaven was not just for the Jews, but also for the Gentiles. The New Testament is clear in several places that the Gospel was for “whosoever” believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

The reason you see “Father Abraham” in the passage is to represent the fact that Jesus was speaking about the Jewish nation. The Jews considered the Gentiles to be “dogs” and they wanted to hoard the truth of salvation to themselves, although they missed Jesus as the Messiah because they were expecting a grandiose and triumphant earthly king and not the meek and lowly Savior that came the way He did. In the parable, Lazarus represents the poor in spirit; those who will ultimately inherit the kingdom of heaven. There’s so much more to this parable that could be shared, but I’ll leave it here for now.

Let me ask you a simple question. When you get to heaven, do you really believe it will be possible to interact with those who, in this context, will be in hell?

I phrase my question that way because the Bible reveals that hell is right here on earth after the 1,000 years with Jesus in heaven. After the 1,000 years, the wicked will be resurrected to face their final judgment. Once they are destroyed in the lake of fire, the earth will be made new…the way it was intended to be before mankind’s fall into sin. All of this can be seen clearly in Revelation 20. and 21.

Satan came up with the idea of eternal hell so people would be scared into serving God and also so that others would misunderstand the loving character of God. There’s no point in me saying how that lie got propagated into Christianity because I’ll be accused of spreading hate. I’ll just suggest to you that you check history on this one so you can see it for yourself.

Is there ANY other passage you can use to support the idea of conscious life after death? If this is your only one, it’s like a one-legged stool that simply can’t stand on its own.

God bless…

Ms. SDA BibleTruth, exactly why aren’t Christians allowed to stone violators of the Jewish Saturday sabbath?
They’d probably be charged for aggravated assault, manslaughter or murder, depending on the outcome of the stoning.

In Revelation 17:11, the eighth king (the papacy after the results of Revelation 13) is “of the seven” (speaking of the papal rule until it received its deadly wound in 1798, when it was the fifth kingdom). Verse 8 is clear on this: The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition.

I encourage you to study the foundation of end-time prophecy in Daniel before trying to understand Revelation 17. Otherwise, you’ll be lost. Daniel was clear that the first kingdoms were Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. History revealed that the fourth kingdom was Rome and that the spiritual kingdom that would come out of Rome was the RCC. These are historical facts…not mean-spirited conjecture.

It’s not a tired argument if it’s true. It’s just not easy for everyone to accept. It takes humility for any one of us to accept that we’re living in error. But God’s word is meant to cut to the core to reveal the desires of the heart (Hebrews 4:12). What’s interesting about that verse is that it comes after a clear New Testament reference to the fact that the seventh-day Sabbath is STILL God’s holy day.
BibleTruth, sorry I am so late in responding. There have been a lot of posts between July 2nd and now.

Your response is total conjecture and you can drop the condescending attitude as far as my understanding of Revelation is concerned. You assume that Reg 17:11 is speaking of Papal rule until it received its deadly wound in 1798? I would ask where you got that date, but… why? And you claim that your interpretation is based upon “historical facts” no less.

The problem is that you have fallen into the erroneus assumption that Revelation is all “end-time prophecy”. No. It speaks of the past (the Roman Empire among other things) the present (the Catholic Mass or Divine Liturgy) and the future (the second coming of Christ). You completely ignore what I wrote about the fall of Babylon being a past event, not a future event. Most biblical scholars without an axe to grind agree that it is most likely a reference to the reign of Nero, not the Catholic Church.

The Church is instead referred to as the “bride of Christ”, the “New Jerusalem”. You would do well to join her rather than fight against her along side the enemy. Remember, Jesus asked Paul “why are you persecuting me”. Paul was persecuting the Church, the same Church that remains today, the Holy Catholic Church. When you persecute the Church, you are persecuting Christ Himself. I would ask you to instead take your own advice and in humility accept that you are in error. But I won’t hold my breath. 🙂

Catholics and the rest of Christianity have been following the practice of the Lord’s day for almost 2,000 years. IF the Lord had wanted us corrected, He would have done so a long time ago, as He watches out for us, He is our Good Shepherd. He leaves us His Holy Spirit Who works through the Apostles and their successors and is present in the faithful Christians.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back