Info on SDA

• Thread starter Thread starter gitsch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes…she was my friend. SDA theology is based on Ellen G. Whites visions. without E.G. White. the SDA would not exist. miller could not have continued the movement after the great dissapointment. also miller was more arian in his beliefs about the God head. was he not? peace 🙂
I agree with what you wrote, BUT how are you aware of this??? :eek:

If you’re suggesting that the Father sent his Son only one time to be a sacrifice for our sins, then yes, you are correct.
I’m not suggesting anything. Just want to get your take on these scriptures.
I’m not qualified to articulate official Catholic teachings on Hebrews 10:7-16 because I’m still in the exploration phase of theological research. However, if seems as if you’re suggesting that the Lord Jesus is “re-sacrificed” at every mass. Is that what you’re suggesting? . Although I haven’t studied the theological issue yet, I would suggest that your implication is a gross theological misunderstanding. Exactly what does Adventism’s founder (Ellen G. White) teach on this issue? :rolleyes:
It’s really neat how you create this straw man by saying “if seems as if you’re suggesting that the Lord Jesus is “re-sacrificed” at every mass.” And then in the end I am no longer suggesting but it is my implication. Which you tear down with “I would suggest that your implication is a gross theological misunderstanding.” All this without any (name removed by moderator)ut of mine. You apparently are not only talking to yourself. You are arguing with yourself. Anyways, Ihave said that I don’t know of nor have I ever seen any Adventist or Ellen White exegesis on Heb. or Jer. But for some reason you don’t want to believe me. Oh, well 🤷
Instead of attempting to lead readers down a rabbit hole for a theological surprise, why don’t you simply make your case-in-point ---- and then show your supporting reasons?
Ok, let me get to it. Remember this.

Richard Kastner
Regular Member Join Date: August 18, 2007
Religion: Protestant

Re: Seventh Day Adventists say Catholics changed…

Quote:
Originally Posted by me again
The Lord Jesus Christ came to do the Father’s will because Deuteronical sacrifices and offerings for sin did not satisfy the Father, even though they were required by the law.

Were’nt the Jews required by God to sacrifice animals
Heb.8
5Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Quote:
Thus, the Lord Jesus came to satisfy the law and the Father

How did Jesus satisfy the law and the Father?

Quote:
and, hence, the New Covenant was born.

Isn’t a covenant an agreement between two parties? How did Jesus’ comming create a new covenant?

Quote:
As a result, we are sanctified by the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. The sins that were removed by Christ death on the cross were not removed by the Levitical priests; the Levitical sacrifices were simply a precursor to the death of God’s Son.

This sounds amazingly accurate. I would use the word shadow though as per Heb.8:5 above instead of precursor

Quote:
After Jesus rose from the dead, he sat at the right hand of the Father, which simply means He occupies a place of authority and honor. At the end of the age, all of His enemies will be made his footstool, which simply means that they will be cast into judgment.

Sounds about right.

Quote:
After Jesus ascended to the Father, He sent the Holy Spirit back to the earth to indwell God’s people. God is love and, subsequently, when the Holy Spirit enters His people, the law of love is written into their hearts and minds. Jesus said, ”A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, as I have loved you.” Thus, when we love others, we are fulfilling every jot and tittle of the law.

So uhhhhh Rich, why did you want to know how Heb. 10:7-16 is interpreted?

So, let me get this straight. You are saying that Heb. 10 7-16 is talking about the new covenant in Jesus Christ and this covenant is defined as God’s law of love written in our minds and on our hearts by the Spirit of God and this is made possible by the sacrifice of the body of Christ as per Heb. 10
10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Would you say that this is the official CC’s stance on this passage?

In Christ Richard

I summarized your exegesis and put it in my words. You will notice I asked some questions along the way, for clarity. Which by the way you did not answer. But you will notice that I agreed with almost everything you said. Yet what I have gotten from you in the past is this.

Originally posted by me again
Rich,
As I read those scriptures that you posted, they testify against you. I interpreted them as exposing that you are rejecting the truth.

Now this was in referance to the very scriptures that I asked you to interpret and as I have shown I agree with your exegesis. So I guess what you are saying in this post is that you are rejecting the truth also. I post this to show how dificult it is to have a dialogue with someone whose only purpose on these threads seems to be to discredite what you are saying. Even if it means contradicting himself. Ok, that having been said I would like to bring all that we have been talking about together, but I have some stuff to do. Perhaps this evening.

Richard,

Do you know what happened after all the apostles passed away…how did the Church continue???

They weren’t using Bibles.

I agree with what you wrote, BUT how are you aware of this??? :eek:
hello my friend. i could very well have to correct myself on miller. it is quite possible i am wrong about him on this. but james white and joseph bates were from what i have seen,( at least in the millerite movement) anti trinitarian. this should be cause for some concern i would think. that they couldnt agree about the trinity even among themselves. looking into adventist, that have branched off from the main body. and to see if they hold to the trinity. one of which would be the branch davidians. and some others. fascinating study actually. Peace 🙂

Richard,

Do you know what happened after all the apostles passed away…how did the Church continue???

Matt.28
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jn.14
23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Matt16
13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jn.8
31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

2Cor.5
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

They continued to preach the words that Jesus gave them. And they are still at it. Me included.

But what happened after the apostles…

What did the SDA teach you what happened to the church after the apostles passed on…

We know those Scripture passages very well. But did the SDA church teach you any history, and if they did what sources did they use???

But what happened after the apostles…

What did the SDA teach you what happened to the church after the apostles passed on…

We know those Scripture passages very well. But did the SDA church teach you any history, and if they did what sources did they use???
Kathleen, this was your last question.

The bible passages that I provided answer this question. If you know those passages “very well” then why did you ask the question?

I’m not qualified to articulate official Catholic teachings on Hebrews 10:7-16 because I’m still in the exploration phase of theological research.
Here is your exegesis on Heb.10:1-16. You say you are not qualified to “articulate official Catholic teachings” but I can assume that this is a fairly accurate exposition of what you think it says.
The Lord Jesus Christ came to do the Father’s will because Deuteronical sacrifices and offerings for sin did not satisfy the Father, even though they were required by the law. Thus, the Lord Jesus came to satisfy the law and the Father and, hence, the New Covenant was born. As a result, we are sanctified by the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. The sins that were removed by Christ death on the cross were not removed by the Levitical priests; the Levitical sacrifices were simply a precursor to the death of God’s Son.
After Jesus rose from the dead, he sat at the right hand of the Father, which simply means He occupies a place of authority and honor. At the end of the age, all of His enemies will be made his footstool, which simply means that they will be cast into judgment.
I agree with most everything you say here
After Jesus ascended to the Father, He sent the Holy Spirit back to the earth to indwell God’s people. God is love and, subsequently, when the Holy Spirit enters His people, the law of love is written into their hearts and minds. Jesus said, ”A new commandment I give you, that you love one another, as I have loved you.” Thus, when we love others, we are fulfilling every jot and tittle of the law.
It’s this that I have a problem with. You seem to be saying that the Ten commandments have been replaced by Jesus law of love. That simply is not the case. The Ten Commandments ARE God’s law of love. Take a look at Heb. 10:16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
This is a quote of Jeremiah 31:33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Now we know that Jeremiah lived some 600 years before Jesus walked on this earth. So the law that he states is written on our minds and in our hearts is the Ten Commandments. Heb.10:16 confirms that it is the Ten Commandments that the Spirit of God writes on our minds and in our hearts made possible by the sacrifice of Jesus’ body. It is the Ten Commandments that are God’s law of love.

This is not a new concept
Proverbs 7
1My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.

2Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

3Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

In your exposition you pretty much say that this is talking about the new covenant in Jesus. It follows then that Jer. 31:33 is also talking of the new covenant in Jesus not only because v.31 says so but because Heb.10:7-16 says it is. You however seem to be at odds with you brother Javl who says
The covenant given in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is for the Jews alone. The new Law and covenant given by Jesus Christ:
The new law: Matthew 22:38-40
The new covenant: Luke 22:20
If you disagree with this then you disagree with the early Church fathers, for this is what they understood.
Javl seems to think that this is talking about an exclusive covenant with the Jews and that if I/we disagree with this then we/I are at odds with the ECF who I think would be espousing official church teachings. What do you think about this dilema?

What I am asking Richard, in context to the Good News of Jesus Christ, how did believers ensure that the correct understanding of Christ was insured? Because already in Christ’s time, He had followers who went out and then were giving a different spin on His teachings.

And how do you explain the significance of Christ’s words to Simon when He renamed him Peter and said, ‘upon this rock I will build my church…what is bound on earth will be bound in heaven’…?

Do you trust the Holy Spirit working through an administration of believers or private sectarian believers?

I think you do not trust in the Holy Spirit working in institution a church with norms that are bound on earth and acknowledged by God in heaven…It is studying the Bible and quoting the bible but with questionable context.

I pray and reflect on all the same Scriptures…but I study Scripture in context of the whole…

I reviewed Ron the Jew’s notes…and the Messianic Jews have the same problem as in the protestant world in that they have no common core of beliefs but their own inner disputes. He was correct in the beginning part of his beginning Nazarene Jewish origins who followed Christ. They had more eventual and open disagreements with their fellow Jews in the synagogue…finally around 80 AD, the Jews put a malediction on their wall and the followers of Christ were expelled and formed their own synagogues. They rejected then the 40 day fast out of protest and moved worship to Sunday. This practice of moving to Sunday also coincided with the Gentile Christian world.

Scripture speaks of the two lamps that give light…Judaism and Christianity. We are approaching the time when Gentile believers will be grafted to Jewish believers and Hebrew Catholics speak of this. I am relearning Old Testament through them and find it very fulfilling. They likewise are now seeing so many images of church in the OT fulfilled in Christ. They say they are more Jewish as Catholics than before.

Ron also is drawing on some compromised information that Gentiles had copied pagan practices to survive…someone on CAF awhile back drew on documented sources attesting that the Catholic Church did not take on pagan practices to survive.

When populations are decreased due to persecutions and martyrdom, usually the opposite effect happens, Christ draws more into the church.

Just like this past year during Holy Week – inspite of the onslaught by the media on the Church regarding the abuse cases – the American Church saw the highest numbers of converts and attendance at Easter than in many, many years.

Christ prunes. He destroys that which does not bear fruit and replaces that with good fruit that bears the life of Christ.

hello my friend. i could very well have to correct myself on miller. it is quite possible i am wrong about him on this. but james white and joseph bates were from what i have seen,( at least in the millerite movement) anti trinitarian. this should be cause for some concern i would think. that they couldnt agree about the trinity even among themselves. looking into adventist, that have branched off from the main body. and to see if they hold to the trinity. one of which would be the branch davidians. and some others. fascinating study actually. Peace 🙂
hello benidict how are you? Long time don’t hear from you.
I just wanted to say that it’s easy to affirm that SDA church is “based” on Ellen’s vision for people that truly don’t know what they are talking about… You know already for previous conversations our view in regards to Ellen White’s writtings. Now, so everybody know, our church is based totally in the Bible. Moreover, all of our fundamental beliefs are found within the word of God.
And please, to all of you that want to say something about Ellen white make sure you read for yourself her writtings previously and don’t base your accusations in other’s comments. As far as my own personal experience as a member of my church the Seventh Day Adventist Church, I haven’t found any discrepancy between her writtings and the principles found in the Holy Word of God… Even more, the only thing that happened to me as a result of reading her writtings was a closer relationship with my Creator, a total trust in God and His word.
By the way, I know church started after a dissapointment… Which many use as proof to say this cannot be Gods Church… But hey, don’t forget that we find in the Bible other dissapointments that happened to people in early church with the exact characteristics…

What I am asking Richard, in context to the Good News of Jesus Christ, how did believers ensure that the correct understanding of Christ was insured? Because already in Christ’s time, He had followers who went out and then were giving a different spin on His teachings.
That isn’t what you asked at all. Here it is again.
But now that you ask. Jesus didn’t tell His believers, apostles, deisciple, to ensure anything. That is a CC invention to affirm it’s so called authority. What He did say was.

Matt.28
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jn.14
23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Matt16
13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jn.8
31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

And Paul said

2Cor.5
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

They were told to preach the Word of God. The Gospel. The Good News period.
And how do you explain the significance of Christ’s words to Simon when He renamed him Peter and said, ‘upon this rock I will build my church…what is bound on earth will be bound in heaven’…?
This is a Catholic misunderstanding of Maatt.16
13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Jesus asks His diciples two questions. Who do men say that I AM and who do you say that I AM? To which Peter answers

16And Simon Peter answered and said, **Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. **
Then Jesus says

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, **Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. **

The Rock upon which Jesus builds His church is NOT sinful man, but upon Himself.

Luke 6
47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

124.Romans 9:33
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

125.1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Do you trust the Holy Spirit working through an administration of believers or private sectarian believers?
I trust the Holy Spirit no matter who He chooses to work through.
Who do you trust Kathleen?
I think you do not trust in the Holy Spirit working in institution a church with norms that are bound on earth and acknowledged by God in heaven…It is studying the Bible and quoting the bible but with questionable context.
I pray and reflect on all the same Scriptures…but I study Scripture in context of the whole…
Is this part of a question or are you just tooting your horn? I’m not sure what your point is or why you posted this. By the way how is anything that I have posted of questionable context? Pick one, any one.

hello benidict how are you? Long time don’t hear from you.
I just wanted to say that it’s easy to affirm that SDA church is “based” on Ellen’s vision for people that truly don’t know what they are talking about… You know already for previous conversations our view in regards to Ellen White’s writtings. Now, so everybody know, our church is based totally in the Bible. Moreover, all of our fundamental beliefs are found within the word of God.
And please, to all of you that want to say something about Ellen white make sure you read for yourself her writtings previously and don’t base your accusations in other’s comments. As far as my own personal experience as a member of my church the Seventh Day Adventist Church, I haven’t found any discrepancy between her writtings and the principles found in the Holy Word of God… Even more, the only thing that happened to me as a result of reading her writtings was a closer relationship with my Creator, a total trust in God and His word.
By the way, I know church started after a dissapointment… Which many use as proof to say this cannot be Gods Church… But hey, don’t forget that we find in the Bible other dissapointments that happened to people in early church with the exact characteristics…
hi rexpi. thank you for your kind response. i have read many of Ellen G. Whites writings. and she was a prolific author. very talented. but do you think that miller could have continued the movement after what happened? if not for Ellen G. White, the adventist movement could very well have died out. there may have been dissapointments in the bible that we read about, but never because of a huge error, made on the part of a prophet that God had chosen. quite the opposite. to be a prophet of God, they had to be 100% accurate. otherwise they were false. they did not make mistakes. it is also interesting to note, that in 1845 the albany confrence was held, and the adventist movement split 4 ways. you had the evangelical adventist, the life and advent union, the advent christian church, and of course the Seventh Day Adventist, who are the largest of the 4 groups. the reason for the split, was because of a disagreement in doctrines such as the state of the soul after death, and the annialation of the wicked. at least one of these seperate adventist movements is nearly extinct. so without Ellen G. White. do you honestly think your movement could have survived. Peace 🙂

yes…she was my friend. SDA theology is based on Ellen G. Whites visions. without E.G. White. the SDA would not exist. miller could not have continued the movement after the great dissapointment. also miller was more arian in his beliefs about the God head. was he not? peace 🙂
Miller was NEVER a Seventh-day Adventist

• William Miller made a false prophecy that the Lord Jesus Christ would return to the earth in the year 1844. The Lord didn’t return, which disappointed many of his followers.
  • Ellen Gould White was a disappointed follower and she said that William Miller’s biblical calculations were correct about the Lord Jesus conducting a momentous event in the year 1844. However, Ellen Gould White corrected William Miller and said that instead of returning the the earth in 1844, the Lord Jesus actually “secretly” entered the heavenly holy of holies for the first time.
  • Ellen Gould White also said that in the year 1844, the Lord Jesus Christ “suddenly” began judging the living and the dead – and she claimed that Jesus has been doing that from 1844 until now.
    You can read more about it by clicking here. :rolleyes:
An investigation was conducted that accused the roosters of invading the hen-house. The wolf (Ellen White) said that the investigation is correct. And delicious. 😊

my friend, may i be the first to say, i stand corrected. you are quite right. but he was the founder of the advent movement was he not? also i am curious as to his ties to free masonry. he may not have been an adherent to the sabbath, but he was adventist. its interesting how like Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormons, he was also a high level mason. did this have any influence on his theology? i really do find both these movements and their respective histories to be quite fascinating. Peace 🙂

my friend, may i be the first to say, i stand corrected. you are quite right. but he was the founder of the advent movement was he not? also i am curious as to his ties to free masonry. he may not have been an adherent to the sabbath, but he was adventist. its interesting how like Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormons, he was also a high level mason. did this have any influence on his theology? i really do find both these movements and their respective histories to be quite fascinating. Peace 🙂
No. Actually Miller wasn’t the founder of our Chrch either. And yes, our Church would have survived just fine without Ellen White’s ministry thereof. None of our doctrines originated with her; in fact, the seventh-day sabbath doctrine had it’s beginnings elsewhere.

An investigation was conducted that accused the roosters of invading the hen-house. The wolf (Ellen White) said that the investigation is correct. And delicious.
Sorry; there isn’t much you can say to me about Ellen White’s character or believability that would make me change my beliefs about her and her ministry in the beginning days of The Remnant Church. Her writings have done nothing but open up the Bible to me more, and help me to walk closer to Jesus. Such “analogies” as you have resorted to here only serve to show the lack of Biblical proof or correct knowledge of the concerns expressed. I have given our books to many fine Catholic Christians, and they have been quite appreciative. So I guess the internet makes people a little more apt to say strong opinions for or against, but in person; my experience has been much different.

hi rexpi. thank you for your kind response. i have read many of Ellen G. Whites writings. and she was a prolific author. very talented. but do you think that miller could have continued the movement after what happened?

Yes benidict, indeed Ellen white was an awesome writer and amazing considering her previous education. She also talks about some details in the Bible that would be difficult to understand if you dont know the original language but she knew without that knowledge

if not for Ellen G. White, the adventist movement could very well have died out.

I strongly believe that if not Ellen White, God would lift up somebody else to help His remnant to go back to the Bible and keep going eventhough the dissapointment suffered. God will always guide His people.

there may have been dissapointments in the bible that we read about, but never because of a huge error, made on the part of a prophet that God had chosen. quite the opposite. to be a prophet of God, they had to be 100% accurate. otherwise they were false. they did not make mistakes.

If thats the case John the Baptist was not a true prophet… the Bible is clear and shows that John did make mistakes regarding Jesus but later he understood the real purpose of Jesus’ first coming. I think I told you before about prophet Nathan, under your allegation, Nathan then was not a prophet, since He told error to David, and then God corrected him. Jesus’ disciples also were wrong but later understood about Jesus… they thought He came to be a king and also when Jesus enter the city and everyone thought of Him as a king. Everyone was wrong, they didnt understand Jesus came to die first for our sins… Does this make the prophets, disciples, etc liers? Being a prophet of the Lord does not mean a perfect human being right away… they grew up in the Lord as so you and me can do in certain way.

it is also interesting to note, that in 1845 the albany confrence was held, and the adventist movement split 4 ways. you had the evangelical adventist, the life and advent union, the advent christian church, and of course the Seventh Day Adventist, who are the largest of the 4 groups. the reason for the split, was because of a disagreement in doctrines such as the state of the soul after death, and the annialation of the wicked. at least one of these seperate adventist movements is nearly extinct.

I havent study much about this groups benedict. The only thing I know is that is amazing how one way or another God has kept His remnant through history . And like I said before in previous conversations, all of our church fundamental beliefs are well stablished and based on the Scriptures… If we SDA would but read and study more our Bibles as we should, then we wouldnt even had to have Ellen White… she is a helper for us specially in this times we are living at and like I said, she is always in accordance to the principles found in the Bible.

About these doctrines, the Bible again explains about the state of the death, “hell” and others for many controversial topics. But also I know Satan is behind many of this non biblical theories… I dont know why people have a problem with the term “sleeping” when Jesus was the one that compared death to that, but thats another interesting topic.

so without Ellen G. White. do you honestly think your movement could have survived. Peace 🙂
I do honestly believe with all my heart and mind that God always did and will guide His people no matter what, with or without Ellen White. But I am actually happy our church have the Spirit of Prophecy because it helps in our journey.

Have a great one mate

Sorry; there isn’t much you can say to me about Ellen White’s character or believability that would make me change my beliefs about her and her ministry in the beginning days of The Remnant Church. Her writings have done nothing but open up the Bible to me more, and help me to walk closer to Jesus. Such “analogies” as you have resorted to here only serve to show the lack of Biblical proof or correct knowledge of the concerns expressed. I have given our books to many fine Catholic Christians, and they have been quite appreciative. So I guess the internet makes people a little more apt to say strong opinions for or against, but in person; my experience has been much different.
I have to say that I have experienced the same. Before I used to think Oh its boring or old fashion, but then I realised she is a true messanger from our Lord and what a blessing its been for me her writtings, which helped me to improve my relationship with Jesus a lot. Sadly many people comment things about her without real knowledge of the matter.

Have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back