Judge Dismisses Rudy's Suit

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are democrats more likely than republicans to vote by mail?
A good question, and one I don’t know the answer to.

But there is a good article that shows the divide is real, and has been around a least a few years:

"While a whopping 83 percent of Democrats supported no-excuse absentee voting (and another 11 percent thought COVID-19 should be a valid excuse), only 44 percent of Republicans thought so. Another 17 percent thought COVID-19 should be an acceptable excuse, but that still left 37 percent of Republicans believing voters must provide a non-pandemic-related excuse to vote absentee.

You might be tempted to chalk up this divide to President Trump’s rants against voting by mail. And according to another poll released this week, from ABC News/The Washington Post, 78 percent of Trump supporters do see mail-in voting as “vulnerable to significant levels of fraud.” (It’s not.) But absentee-voting access has actually long been a partisan issue: The party splits in the Pew poll were similar in October 2018. (That said, Republican opposition to no-excuse absentee voting has grown a bit since then.)"

241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
Wrong. The elections office counts ballots by associating them with people, not with scan codes. This was, according to all the secretaries of state of the various states, the most secure election in American history.
If you can actually believe that farcical statement which makes my head spin! I laugh so hard every time
I see that.
Right. I never heard of tabulation machines recognizing text, and for that matter names. Rather, tabulation machines first recognizes, through digital imaging technology, that an oval has been filled in and then it uses the master barcode on the ballot to determine the grid coordinates of that filled-in oval!

Last edited:
48.png
7_Sorrows:
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
Wrong. The elections office counts ballots by associating them with people, not with scan codes. This was, according to all the secretaries of state of the various states, the most secure election in American history.
If you can actually believe that farcical statement which makes my head spin! I laugh so hard every time
I see that.
Right. I never heard of tabulation machines recognizing text, and for that matter names. Rather, tabulation machines first recognizes, through digital imaging technology, that an oval has been filled in and then it uses the master barcode on the ballot to determine the grid coordinates of that filled-in oval!
Read about how the system works here.

You are assuming that once you have a ballot with some scan code, that scan code is the one and only thing used to identify the ballot. The authoritative source above shows that is wrong. Each ballot is matched up to a voter registration before it is counted. That central voter registration marks the voter as having voted. If another ballot comes in from the same voter, the registration has already been marked as voted. It will not be counted. It is as simple as that.

Now, I don’t know where these stories of scan codes are coming from, but they probably are misidentifying a different scan code, and missing the fact that there is another scan code on the ballot that uniquely identifies the voter. That’s the trouble when one relies on a partial telling of the story. The story teller can selectively present just portions of the data and leave other facts out to give a false impression. The fact as stated in the source above is that you cannot vote twice, no matter what you do with scan codes or ballots. The final check against the database of registered voters ensures that each registered voter can only vote once.

Last edited:
Wrong, as you are posting information regarding only rejected ballots due to signatures.
Because that’s all the rejected info the state has released at this time.

I prefer to go with actual numbers available, as opposed to making them up. Like Trump made up this gem –
In GA the rejection rate was 0% in this 2020 US Presidential election. Again 0%
Even with only partial rejection numbers available, his and your claim is proven false.
You’re welcome.

Because that’s all the rejected info the state has released at this time.
Wrong.
I prefer to go with actual numbers available, as opposed to making them up. Like Trump made up this gem –
The numbers to get the % of rejected claims is from the numbers released by the state. No one got them from Trump.
Even with only partial rejection numbers available, his and your claim is proven false.
You’re welcome.
Wrong.

You claimed zero, the state shows otherwise.
I am not the one who is wrong here.
The numbers to get the % of rejected claims is from the numbers released by the state. No one got them from Trump.
Then you just coincidentally claimed the same number - zero - that Trump did. Which, as shown by the state, is not true.
Perhaps it’s just a case of great minds thinking alike.

You claimed zero, the state shows otherwise.
I am not the one who is wrong here.
AGAIN FACTS.

Nov. 5th - 0.2% statewide rejected ballots.
https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA.html

0.15% ballots rejected (as updated after Nov. 5th)

59 counties in GA rejected 0 mail in ballots. 0 total

Historically that number is much higher as the historical data I posted show. Again:

GA rounded up, 5 Million votes. 3% is 150,000. If half were Biden that would be 75,000. Actual margin? 12,000.

You are the one who is wrong, not Trump and not STATE data. Even the SoS in GA has acknowledged such.

Last edited:
GA rounded up, 5 Million votes. 3% is 150,000. If half were Biden that would be 75,000. Actual margin? 12,000.
You might want to go back to diagnosing Biden’s various aliments, because you seem to be missing a pretty big thing here.

You might want to go back to diagnosing Biden’s various aliments, because you seem to be missing a pretty big thing here.
Not missing anything. If you think saying someone has a cognitive impairment is a diagnosis then you are the one who may be missing one thing or another.

AGAIN FACTS.

Nov. 5th - 0.2% statewide rejected ballots.
0.15% ballots rejected (as updated after Nov. 5th)

59 counties in GA rejected 0 mail in ballots. 0 total

Historically that number is much higher as the historical data I posted show.
Here’s the thing about conspiracy theories. They often rely on selected facts that are presented in such a way as to make them sound implausible. Stage illusionists know how to do this all the time. Just watch Penn and Teller some time. Here we see a few selected facts about rejected ballots along with the suggestion that the numbers ought to be something else. Of course the total context of the numbers is missing, as is the complete description of exactly what they mean. This opens the door for the charlatan to suggest a meaning to a confused mind. At the time the meaning seems like it is the only possible interpretation. Again, watch Penn and Teller to see how this is done professionally.

As for rejected ballots, have you considered at what point they were counted? You see, mail-in ballots have a complicated process. When they arrive and are given a preliminary screening, some problems with the ballots might be found at that point. In many states, the election office, if there is enough time, will return the ballot, or otherwise contact the voter to give them a chance to “cure” their ballot and correct the problem. If the ballot comes back and it is still problematic, and there is no more time, then it must be rejected. But if the ballot is clear enough (and we are getter better at designing ballots. Remember the disastrous butterfly ballots of Florida?) and if the curing procedure is handled well enough, and if voters are careful enough, a very significant reduction in the number of rejected ballots could result. This is an occasion for praise of the election officials, not a cause for suspicion that something must have gone wrong.

Last edited:
The numbers are the numbers. Ignore them if you wish. All you offered in the long winded post above was just babble with no facts or data to make a different claim.

Babble is a good description of your theory.
Got it, in your book State numbers and data is know considered babble. What I posted is not much different than what had come from the SOS own mouth as well.

Last edited:
The final check against the database of registered voters ensures that each registered voter can only vote once.
Is this the same database that when I called the SOS in MA and told them I didn’t receive my mail in ballot (while holding 7 of them - still have them too) told me “That’s because your name is not in our database”, we will mail you out one right away”. Told them no that’s ok, I’ll go down and vote in person. Next day received my 8th mail in ballot. Mind you never requested a single one or filled out an application for one. What a database! Oh and when I went down to vote in person they had my address wrong on their database print outs too.

Last edited:
241361_2.png
LeafByNiggle:
The final check against the database of registered voters ensures that each registered voter can only vote once.
Is this the same database that when I called the SOS in MA and told them I didn’t receive my mail in ballot
Probably not. The recording of who voted is one the most closely scrutinized functions of the election office. The answering of the phone and replying to voter questions is a much less critical function, and it is not surprising that it is sometimes wrong.
What I posted is not much different than what had come from the SOS own mouth as well.
Except that your SOS didn’t post that the numbers indicated anything was amiss. That was all you.

Last edited:
I keep wanting to throw in my own numbers since everyone else is tossing numbers around.

Here they are. 🙂
4 bazillion

Don’t forget the most important number of all: 42. (per HGTTG).’

(That’s Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, for all those non-Douglas Adams fans.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back