Q
qui_est_ce
Guest
That is so true!! They treat you like dirt, abuse you, tell you you’re not doing your fair share. You bend over backwards to do everything. I remember I used to do laundry after the kids went to bed. One time, in a rage, he took all the laundry dripping wet out of the washer and threw it on the floor, because the washing machine was too loud (it was on the other end of the house). Everytime I threatened to leave him, he would cry and beg and plead me to stay. He NEEDED me!! I fell for it, until I saw yea, he needed me as a hostage!!The only reason that you’ve been able to hold on this long are those little breaks where the abuse lightens up and he is nice to you. People who hold people hostage use the same technique. My priest told me “You are not his wife. You are his hostage.” It helped to think of it like that.