National Sunday Law

• Thread starter Thread starter Daniel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seventh-day Adventists follow God’s instructions to stay away from unclean foods like pork and various scavengers. Some of us choose to eat other clean meats like chicken, beef, etc.
I have already posted some New Testament scripture that declares all foods clean in Christ.

Here is another that I think destroys the entire legalistic system of the SDAs. It is a bit long, so I am posting it separately.

Colossians 2:6-23 dispenses with circumcision, the sabbath, new moon festivals, dietary restrictions and the rest of the OT law, which Jesus “nailed to his cross”:
[6] As therefore you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in him,
[7] rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
[8] See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ.
[9] For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,
[10] and you have come to fulness of life in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
[11] In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ;
[12] and you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
[13] And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
[14] having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

[15] He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him.
[16]Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath.
[17] These are only a shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

[18] Let no one disqualify you, insisting on self-abasement and worship of angels, taking his stand on visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,
[19] and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.
**[20] If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the universe, why do you live as if you still belonged to the world? Why do you submit to regulations,
[21] “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch”
[22] (referring to things which all perish as they are used), according to human precepts and doctrines?
[23] These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting rigor of devotion and self-abasement and severity to the body, but they are of no value in checking the indulgence of the flesh.
  • Col 2:6-23
40.png
BibleTruth:
By the way, those of us who are truly following God accept and follow the entire Bible and don’t “pick and choose” what suits us best.
Then why do you “pick and choose” only the Old Testament law and ignore the clear teaching of Jesus in the New Testament?

VWcrazy;3944950:
Google “Pope” and click on images. You will (eventually) see men fully prostrate (on their faces) worshiping the pope. That is blasphemy and God, according to his word, will not tolerate it. You can think you’re safe by listening to men, but one day, we’ll all have to answer to the one who really created us…and not a line of men that created a false doctrine.
BibleTruth,
Where in the world did you get the idea that these men are “worshipping the pope”? Did one of them tell you that is what they are doing? Or are you slandering them without any first hand knowledge?

Is the command to not bear false witness meaningful to you?

BibleTruth,
Where in the world did you get the idea that these men are “worshipping the pope”? Did one of them tell you that is what they are doing? Or are you slandering them without any first hand knowledge?

Is the command to not bear false witness meaningful to you?
Not if he’s bearing false witness against Catholics. That’s SOP for the SDAs. :mad:

Watch this…

When I was SDA we use to do something we called the Garden of Prayer. All the Elders would kneel at the front of the Church. Then the congregation would get out of the pews and kneel down facing the elders. Obviously worshipping them. Some of the congregation would even go up to the front of the Church and kneel right in front of them… feet away. Blasphemy I tell you!

Do you understand what I am trying to say “Bible Truth”?

Google “Pope” and click on images. You will (eventually) see men fully prostrate (on their faces) worshiping the pope. That is blasphemy and God, according to his word, will not tolerate it. You can think you’re safe by listening to men, but one day, we’ll all have to answer to the one who really created us…and not a line of men that created a false doctrine.
I don’t God will be too happy with the many falsehoods being spread about His Church.

And I see prophecy fulfilled by the JWs, LDS, SDAs in the same exact manner. Not nearly the “exact same manner”.
Yes, in the exact same manner. All three mock the very Church Christ established. They all three remind me very much of the Whore of Babylon.

Egh, nobody here worships the Pope, Bishop, Priest, Monk, Nun, Statue, Tree, Rock, Leaf, Newspaper, Television, or Small Scratch-N-Sniff Sticker. All of those people and things fall into the category of “Not God”. =)

…maybe a stick of gum, though. Well, maybe not worship, but I sure do like a good piece of juicy fruit. Mmmm…

Yup, not only have I seen pictures, but I’ve seen entire programs where men prostrate themselves during a Mass while receiving Holy Orders!! It’s beautiful! Brings a tear to my eye when I see prostrations before the Body of Christ.

You have to understand that Lord Jesus Christ Himself is present in Mass. He is really there. Wouldn’t you prostrate yourself before Him?! What you are seeing is without a doubt a Mass being presided over by the Pope. They are prostrate in front of the Body of Christ.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Os02Jfhjagp/610x.jpg

This is a picture of men receiving Holy Orders during a Mass, prostrate before the Body of Christ. Such reverence for the Lord! I love it!!

Now, I would definitely bow and kiss a bishop’s ring! But that is nothing more than great respect for one who comes in the name of the Lord. Heh, that Bishop is lucky if all I do is kiss his ring, lol. I may kiss his ring, hand, neck, face, head, and hug him until his head pops off. Well, maybe not until his head pops off, but still.

heh, must’ve had a too much caffine this morning. Pardon my playfulness.
Free your mind…and yourself, my brother!

Jesus isn’t coming back to this earth (on the ground anyway) until the 1000 year judgment is over and he comes to establish the New Jerusalem. Your faith has minimized the Creator of the universe to something some man can hold in his hand…instead of it being the other way around.

Yes, in the exact same manner. All three mock the very Church Christ established. They all three remind me very much of the Whore of Babylon.
The Whore of Babylon is pagan Rome, before the papacy took over.

Instead of preserving the Old Testament Law, why don’t you follow the New Testament which frees us from these laws? The New Testament tells us that God has declared all foods to be clean:

If you want to be an Old Testament Jew instead of a New Testament Christian, good luck with that. You are just yoking yourself with man-made burdens that Jesus does not want you to bear.
I’m free, my brother because God’s Moral Law is perfect.

James 1:19-25 (NLT): Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls. But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.

“Don’t forget” (James 1:25)…“Remember” the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8)…interesting correlation in these two Scriptures.

I don’t feel burdened…I feel blessed to have a day of the week set aside (sanctified and made holy by the Almighty) where I can rest from the toils of this world and direct my focus to the One who created me and gave me life.

The Whore of Babylon is pagan Rome, before the papacy took over.
It’s a perfect description of the LDS, JWs, and SDAs. They mock the Church Christ established.

I don’t feel burdened…I feel blessed to have a day of the week set aside (sanctified and made holy by the Almighty) where I can rest from the toils of this world and direct my focus to the One who created me and gave me life.
Yes, for Christians it’s called Sunday. 👍

I have already posted some New Testament scripture that declares all foods clean in Christ.

Here is another that I think destroys the entire legalistic system of the SDAs. It is a bit long, so I am posting it separately.

Colossians 2:6-23 dispenses with circumcision, the sabbath, new moon festivals, dietary restrictions and the rest of the OT law, which Jesus “nailed to his cross”:

Then why do you “pick and choose” only the Old Testament law and ignore the clear teaching of Jesus in the New Testament?
After studying your Bible more, you’ll realize that Paul was talking about ceremonial laws that Jesus did away with by dying on the cross. For example, there were annual Sabbath days (one of which is what Jews today call Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement) and even a Sabbath year (seventh year) where no crops were harvested. These Sabbaths were not the weekly Sabbath day that God sanctified and made holy.

Here is an example of how one (the seventh-day Sabbath) holds more significance than the annual Sabbath days do now and is still relevant today -

(You’ll need this Scripture for background in this study:

2 Peter 3:8: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.)

When we trace our history back in the Bible, we go back roughly 6,000 years. This indicates that we’re living in the last days of our history and are fast approaching a thousand years of “rest”; please read on for why I believe this. You can cite many secular advanced thinkers and even they’ll agree that there’s a lot of “strange” occurrences that indicate we may be (are) nearing an end…Stephen Hawking being one of them.

To understand what I’m talking about, you’ll need to understand Hebrews 4. Verses 6-13 (NLT) are:

"So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.”

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world (see Exodus 20:11). So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall."

Exodus 20:11: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.”

That “rest” is the thousand-year Sabbath with God in heaven…and it is directly associated with the weekly seventh-day Sabbath (refer back to 2 Peter 3:8 if necessary). Notice there is no mention of the annual Sabbaths in the Hebrews passage, but although it’s a New Testament Scripture, there is clear reference to the seventh-day Sabbath even if it takes a bit of discernment to actually see it.

Revelation 20:4. “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Hebrews 4:12-13 (NLT): “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.”

Just because the pope can’t see what you’re doing and thinking now, the True God and Creator of the universe can. You can continue to deny the Holy Spirit now (which by the way is the only unpardonable sin according to Matthew 12:31), but one day…you’ll be accountable to the one who created you.

To learn the fate of those who refuse the truth in the Holy Scriptures, read/study the rest of Revelations 20. To know where God’s true followers will be after those thousand years, read/study Revelations 21. Because of the love I have for you, brethren, I pray that we’re all there together…but it takes humbling ourselves to the truth God has presented to us in His Word.

I believe I mentioned this yesterday, but when Paul talked about the handling of certain food, there were Pharisees and others (true teachers of legalism) that were telling Jews and Gentiles that they could not eat foods that had been sacrificed to pagan gods. It’s not logical to link that unclean foods all of a sudden became clean. Please note that Jesus sent a “legion” of demons into a herd of pigs (unclean), sending them to their deaths…but fed fish (clean, mostly anyway) to thousands of people. Pigs, if not cooked correctly, can kill you. Clean fish not cooked thoroughly…well, that’s just sushi. 🙂

“Don’t forget” (James 1:25)…“Remember” the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8)…interesting correlation in these two Scriptures.
Those two passages are completely unrelated. But that’s what cults do - they chain together unrelated scripture verses in an attempt to create a teaching that does not really exist in scripture.

I can do it too:
“Judas went out and hanged himself.” (Matt 27:5) “Go thou and do likewise.” (Luke 10:37)
😃

Yes, for Christians it’s called Sunday. 👍
God didn’t sanctify the first day of the week as holy…Constantine did in reverence to a Sun god.

It’s impossible to “keep” a day holy that never was…in God’s sight anyway.

Those two passages are completely unrelated. But that’s what cults do - they chain together unrelated scripture verses in an attempt to create a teaching that does not really exist in scripture.

I can do it too:

😃
You don’t do your faith/religion any justice and you’re mocking the word of God.

They are related because the Sabbath commandment is included in God’s “perfect law”.

After studying your Bible more, you’ll realize that Paul was talking about ceremonial laws that Jesus did away with by dying on the cross. For example, there were annual Sabbath days (one of which is what Jews today call Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement) and even a Sabbath year (7th year) where no crops were harvested. These Sabbaths were not the weekly Sabbath day that God sanctified and made holy.

Here is an example of how one (the seventh-day Sabbath) holds more significance than the annual Sabbath days do now and is still relevant today -

(You’ll need this Scripture for background in this study:

2 Peter 3:8: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.)

When we trace our history back in the Bible, we go back roughly 6,000 years. This indicates that we’re living in the last days of our history and are fast approaching a thousand years of “rest”; please read on for why I believe this. You can cite many secular advanced thinkers and even they’ll agree that there’s a lot of “strange” occurrences that indicate we may be (are) nearing an end…Stephen Hawking being one of them.

To understand what I’m talking about, you’ll need to understand Hebrews 4. Verses 6-13 (NLT)are:

"So God’s rest is there for people to enter, but those who first heard this good news failed to enter because they disobeyed God. So God set another time for entering his rest, and that time is today. God announced this through David much later in the words already quoted: “Today when you hear his voice, don’t harden your hearts.”

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world (see Exodus 20:11). So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall."

Exodus 20:11: “For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.”

That “rest” is the thousand-year Sabbath with God in heaven…and it is directly associated with the weekly seventh-day Sabbath (refer back to 2 Peter 3:8 if necessary). Notice there is no mention of the annual Sabbaths in the Hebrews passage, but although it’s a New Testament Scripture, there is clear reference to the seventh-day Sabbath even if it takes a bit of discernment to actually see it.

Revelation 20:4. “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
All of this makes sense only if you first accept a dispensationalist millenarian view of end time (which is not biblical and was only invented in the 1800’s). Also, the numbers in Daniel and Revelation are not literal numbers but are gematric symbols with special meanings. 1000 years does not mean a literal 1000 years but means “forever”, just as “40 days and 40 nights” means “many days” and “40 years” means “many years”.

Also, how do you know you are worshiping on Saturday? The calendars of every culture have gotten so screwed up so many times (with wars and captivities, etc.) that we have no idea what absolute day it is relative to the days of Moses’ time or David’s time or Jesus’ time. Heck, we don’t even know exactly which year Jesus was born in, much less what day it really is.

For all you know, you could be worshiping on Tuesday. You just think it’s Saturday because you grew up with a modern calendar (established by the Catholic Church) that started the week at a certain time and you have never questioned it.

All of this makes sense only if you first accept a dispensationalist millenarian view of end time (which is not biblical and was only invented in the 1800’s). Also, the numbers in Daniel and Revelation are not literal numbers but are gematric symbols with special meanings. 1000 years does not mean a literal 1000 years but means “forever”, just as “40 days and 40 nights” means “many days” and “40 years” means “many years”.

Also, how do you know you are worshiping on Saturday? The calendars of every culture have gotten so screwed up so many times (with wars and captivities, etc.) that we have no idea what absolute day it is relative to the days of Moses’ time or David’s time or Jesus’ time. Heck, we don’t even know exactly which year Jesus was born in, much less what day it really is.

For all you know, you could be worshiping on Tuesday. You just think it’s Saturday because you grew up with a modern calendar (established by the Catholic Church) that started the week at a certain time and you have never questioned it.
The Greek word used in Revelations 20:4 and 2 Peter 3:8…and all throughout Revelations…for “thousand” is “chilioi”…it means quite simply “a thousand”. This is the root word for “kilo”.

As I’ve mentioned before, the U.S. Naval Observatory has concluded that the calendar used today is in 100% sync with how it was before Christianity ever began. Jesus Christ…the one you claim to serve…kept the same seventh-day Sabbath 2000 years ago as exists today.

You can keep searching, friend, but the truth (the Bible) will never change or fall to the suppositions of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back