Presidential Debate 9/29/20 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TK421
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump’s feud with Megyn Kelly escalated Friday night when he said the Fox News host had “blood coming out of her wherever” at this week’s Republican debate, resulting in swift condemnation from conservatives and a major political event pulling its

Is this mild?

Last edited:
This is going to disappoint some folks – Tucker says the focus on Biden’s alleged mental state was a mistake.
There is an alternative universe over at “conservative media”. It’s one in which Trump is a superb businessman, very shrewd and super intelligent. It’s one in which Biden is a doddering old man who’s lost his mind.

The reality is that the White House is so inept and sloppy that this morning the Press Secretary said that Amy Barrett is a Rhodes Scholar when, in truth, she got her BA from Rhodes College in TN.

“If Trump’s monstrous performance left you feeling that you want four more years of his presidency — that he will respect the outcome of the election if it goes against him, that he will reunite the country, that he will do the presidency proud and surround himself with people of the quality that the country deserves — then you and I were watching different debates.”

Last edited:
The title here is “True Leadership”. That is more than a matter of policy. It is also image, character. and role model.

Last edited:
In a sense, then, she is a Rhodes (U.) scholar.

Last edited:
Yeah, but essentially every major party presidential candidate in the last 75 years can be attacked at some level about his character: either he cheats on his wife; did something terrible, etc. Heck, every presidential candidate who’s been divorced gets called an “adulterer” by some (it happens on this board).

Last edited:
There is an alternative universe over at “conservative media”. It’s one in which Trump is a superb businessman, very shrewd and super intelligent. It’s one in which Biden is a doddering old man who’s lost his mind.
I agree 100%, but will add that there is also an alternative universe where President Trump the worst man on the planet, and can do nothing good.

This is why we argue. Not because of the Facts. But because the facts are always twisted by the media to suit their agenda. I do agree with President Trump that the Media is the problem.

Last edited:
The irony of course is that NO other President but Trump has been the one doing most of the attacking…attacking, criticizing, mocking and all around bashing all those who dare to disagree or criticize him. This is the big difference.

Last edited:
Well, what you call attacking, I call fighting back against his attackers.

Last edited:
The reality is that the White House is so inept and sloppy that this morning the Press Secretary said that Amy Barrett is a Rhodes Scholar when, in truth, she got her BA from Rhodes College in TN.
According to many conservatives here, mis-speaking like that must mean she’s doddering into dementia. How sad, for someone so young!

I agree 100%, but will add that there is also an alternative universe where President Trump the worst man on the planet, and can do nothing good.
Yeah, that’s the vibe on the liberal/left side.

I just think he’s the worst President, not the worst man. And, admittedly, he has done some positive things.

According to many conservatives here, mis-speaking like that must mean she’s doddering into dementia. How sad, for someone so young!
I find the lack of attention to detail distressing for someone with a Harvard JD.

So was it ok for Republicans to call him names?

Of course they have all changed their tunes after he won in 2016. A direct reflection on their own character as well.

Last edited:
Yep. they all knew and still know more than ever. And yet…

Last edited:
One thing I find interesting is this:

There are some on this board who are literally incapable of saying anything good about Trump - ever.

By contrast, the same folks often prod Trump supporters to find something bad to say about Trump - and thus the floodgates are open and the conversation is re-framed where the questions flow about those limited instances where Trump is (supposedly) bad.

Now, here’s what’s interesting: that’s really what the Dems do nationwide, and how they attacked people like Mitt Romney.

So, here’s what I say: Trump is perfect. He can do no wrong. Why? Because if his haters can’t say anything at all good about him, why should I play their silly games and criticize him too? I’ll be objective about him when his haters are.

And since he really is the greatest president in the last 100 years, maybe ever, I’ve got a lot more evidence of his greatness than his haters have of the opposite.

Last edited:
well he is a stable genius and America has never been more united thanks to his empathy and compassion for all! Not to mention if he happens to shoot someone in Time Square, they will definitely have deserved it and it would make me love him even more. So yes I agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back