Presidential Debate 9/29/20 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TK421
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was also talking about Hunter Biden who got lots of $$$.

Last edited:
What difference does it make, Trump does not support
white supremists or violent protests. Joe Biden supports BLM and Antifa and the violent protests.

Last edited:
Might be a little delay to subsequent debates given the President has a coronavirus infection according to recent news…

Might be a little delay to subsequent debates given the President has a coronavirus infection according to recent news…
Zoom exists. Provided he has no symptoms (as I imagine performance would be negatively affected by discomfort) I could see them debating remotely. Perhaps in a format where only one person can speak at a time.

But now Joe should get tested since he was near a co formed positive.

Oh, the irony. He has apparently tested positive…

Last edited:
Whats the chances Biden will also test positive and then the conspiracy theory will erupt

And we are, of course, praying for his safe recovery - which would be much preferable to saying how “ironic” it is, no?

I just read a thread in the Traditional subform about earlier churches (1800s, early 1900s) that had no center aisles. It was wonderful. No one making political points, just a polite discussion.

And, I learned something!

World News is getting old. I wish we could just have normal discussions.
40.png
Pre Vatican II Church with no middle aisle? Traditional Catholicism
It was normal behavior in many Catholic cultures for women to sit on one side and men on the other in the 1800s. Typically there was a “Mary side” of the Church with the statue of Mary up front that was the “women’s side”. Men sat on the “Joseph side”. I don’t think this was a Church requirement, it was just customary. If you read stuff like Samuel Pepys’ diaries (where he is attending multiple church services on Sunday for the main purpose of eyeing up and sexually harassing young women, …

Last edited:
How would anyone know that? After all, there are ‘fine people’ amongst them, at least according to Trump.
I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.

What’s funny is the same argument about BLM and Antifa is being used today. “Not all protestors are violent or support violence” - yeah, that’s exactly what Trump was saying about Charlottesville, but since Trump said it, orange man bad.

Well there you go, name calling.

No, Trump would have just talked the entire debate while Biden stood there quietly. I guess that is what you wanted.

I do think it would be great if Biden took the highroad and apologized to Trump for the names he called him

Well there you go, name calling.
Nah, it’s a petname. 😉
No, Trump would have just talked the entire debate while Biden stood there quietly. I guess that is what you wanted.
I’m just pointing out that Biden didn’t show any better character than Trump.
I do think it would be great if Biden took the highroad and apologized to Trump for the names he called him
I do too. It would be a good look for him.

What difference does it make, Trump does not support
white supremists or violent protests. Joe Biden supports BLM and Antifa and the violent protests.
Trump condemns white supremacy at least one day too late in every case - probably as the result of pressure from his advisors. It does not come naturally to him. Joe Biden does support the BLM movement (not the violent protests that erupted from the same injustice). Joe Biden does not support any Antifa violence, or violence of any kind.

After watching the debate, I will vote for a third candidate.
I can’t vote for one party due to cooperation with evil, and I won’t vote for Trump for two reasons:
  1. his debate performance demonstrated a lack of basic competence, to a degree that my stomach won’t allow me to vote for him. (all he had to do was show up in his tie and answer some basic questions)
    and
  2. Amy Barret seems to be approvable, and I’m not sure what else Trump can do for pro life.
Third candidate please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back