Savannah Guthrie calls out Trump: "You're the president — you're not like someone's crazy uncle"

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the debate, because of his Stand back and stand by comment, he got a ton of push back from many in the Republican Party…so, at the next White House Lawn press conference, he made this more clear statement. I appreciate that did so but his continuing to deny who and what they are (very anti immigration) is bologna! He’s just trying to give plausible deniability as to why he didn’t clearly condemn them in the debate. At least he has now made it clear if anyone actually listened to that press conference. Many have only heard the debate remark.

Trump is courting religious people such as Orthodox Jews, faithful Catholics, Evangelicals and Mormons. He is also courting White Supremacists and other extremists. The third group in his coalition are people who vote on the “peripherals” rather than the issues, and like what they see: Trump’s boundless energy, his charismatic albeit goofy personality, his blunt sense of humor, and his bravado, taking no prisoners and doing whatever he darn pleases. I don’t mean to suggest that all of these groups are unsympathetic because they support Trump: certainly not people of faith. But Trump is also an instigator of homegrown terrorists of the extreme right. This group finds comfort and support in Trump’s overgrown dog whistles, which are really more like growls or alarms. And Trump couldn’t care less; on the contrary, he “cherishes” anyone who flatters him by giving him their support.

I agree with that, but do you agree that Democrats as well do Olympic level acrobatics to twist every word from President Trump?

I’m sure some of them do, but they no doubt take into account other things about Trump, such as his support of Israel, as well.

Except last election trump made promises and kept the majority of them…
He promised to be so presidential that we would be bored of it. Should we be graced with him for another 4 years, I hope he makes good on being presidential and boring.

Perhaps if he had been treated normally…,
Perhaps if he did not start his presidency with calling the brown skinned people (Mexicans?) rapists and even worse names. Of course he declared that he is NOT racist. 🤔 and that should be enough for everyone… or should it?

You are being disingenuous at best with these incendiary comments. He never said any such thing and you know it.He did and does speak the truth.There are some bad people coming across the border,rapists etc. Not all but some.What part of this do you disagree with?

I was going to make the same observation and possibly ask the same question but you did it very well!!! Thanks!

It will be interesting to have a conversation ,say in a few years,with all the Trump haters’,if God forbid JB wins the presidency. He is so beholding to the extreme leftist,we won’t recognize our Country. Especially if the Dems take control of the Senate.

There are some bad people coming across the border,rapists etc. Not all but some.What part of this do you disagree with?
Let me emphasize. IF he had said that many people try to get asylum, and (by the law of averages) there are a few rapists, etc… among them, but generally they are nice people, who try to flee murderous regimes everything would be fine. What he did was not an outright lie, the expression is “he emphasized part of the truth”, in other words it was a misleading statement, but miles away from plausible deniability.

Is this what you wanted to say?

It will be interesting to have a conversation ,say in a few years,with all the Trump haters’,if God forbid JB wins the presidency. He is so beholding to the extreme leftist,we won’t recognize our Country. Especially if the Dems take control of the Senate.
Yes, it will be. I can hardly wait. 🤣

Want I wanted to say is what I posted. Stop looking for something that isn’t there.

. . . . I don’t think there is anything humourous about a Biden presidency and the lefts agenda for our Nation.
As I posted previously,get back to me in a few years.See if your still laughing.I suspect you will be crying instead.

Last edited:
Do you recognize our country now under the Trump administration? I don’t, with the pandemic raging out of control, the economy spiraling downward, the social injustice and unrest, the trade war with China hurting our farmers, our nation’s policy of isolationism from the rest of the world, the administration’s withdrawal from nuclear arms treaties as well as the climate-change accords, the drastic reduction of environmental protection regulations for clean air and water, the WH disdain for their own scientists, and the loss of respect for the office of the presidency both at home and abroad among our allies. How is America today better than it was four years ago?

Last edited:
I agree with that, but do you agree that Democrats as well do Olympic level acrobatics to twist every word from President Trump?
No, I don’t. Trump likes to tease with twitter posts and throw out remarks when he is in front of microphones. That is why it was so important to get him to answer questions from someone who would hold his feet to the fire at the town hall.

If Trump were more forthcoming media people would not have to extrapolate his exact views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back