Savannah Guthrie calls out Trump: "You're the president — you're not like someone's crazy uncle"

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another misconception is that this virus is the same as the seasonal flu. It is not. It is much more contagious and it is more deadly. it also appears to have lingering long-term effects in some people, who are now called “long haulers.” Further, it has been revealed that even those who are asymptomatic can transmit the disease, and these people still have internal symptoms such as scarred lung tissue. Even if JB has not always practiced what he preaches, at least he does not think that wearing a mask is some kind of threat to his strength or masculinity and wears it at his campaign stops and on television. No, we should not hide in our basement in fear; but neither should we be reckless in the presence of others, especially those who are more susceptible to serious harm if they contract the virus, such as the elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions including heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and cancer. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. This is one opportunity for us as a people and a world to demonstrate our love for one another by doing the right thing.

Last edited:
As a free Nation ,those who want to seclude themselves should.Those who are not high risk should be able to work,etc. Kids should be in school for lots of reasons. This virus isn’t Trumps fault anymore than it is the leaders in other nations.There is mixed theories as recently as this past week questioning the efficacy of masks.

Freedom brings with it responsibility. We are, after all, our brothers’ and sisters’ keepers. And, on a secular level, we must consider the social welfare of our country and our planet as well as our personal needs and desires.

It’s not a question of hiding in basements quaking with fear. No one is recommending that.

Re all the struggling governors have been Dems, I think that’s because the virus hit northern states first, which tend to be blue states. But close after that was Ohio and it has a Republican governor, then Georgia, Florida, Texas, which are red. Meanwhile, some blue states such as Pennsylvania and New Hampshire never had big problems (not sure of the party affiliation of their governors, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were Democrats).

Last edited:
Of course,but we cannot let our economy tank,the emotional damage overtake how we deal with this virus. JB has stated he would shut down the Nation if need be.

Hyperbole on the part of JB, just as Trump told us that Mexico would pay for the Wall. But if I were POTUS, I really would have shut down the whole nation early on until we got this virus under some kind of control.

Well hindsight is always 20/20.
Fauci, initially didn’t even think we herein the USA had to.
be concerned with Covid.

Last edited:
You are correct about the hindsight bias. But I was thinking we should have a nationwide mandate concerning mask wearing even before Fauci. There is still time to vote for meltzerboy for President, by the way.

You got me there. Definitely NOT!

I don’t believe Trump ever thought he would win in 2016, especially toward the end of the campaign. I don’t think he ever really wanted to govern as President, but he does like to win. With regard to Biden, I have no idea why in the world he wants to be President at this stage of his life and political career. Maybe it has something to do with his promise to his late son, Beau. Certainly GWB never cared to be President. The only one who really wanted the job was Hillary Clinton (same as Bill), and I think she still wants it.

Last edited:
Just what does extrapolate mean to you?

P.S. which cnn article?

Last edited:
I read it and I see some serious accusations. None has been proven true. Why are you asking? Are there charges against other politicians as well?

It has become endemic,so we are going to have to learn to live with it
If this turns out to be the case, then masks will be part of our apparel long term. May also give some a rational motivation to adopt the behaviour of agoraphobics.

One might say that the Trump administration’s inept response to the virus resulted in the necessity of the shutdowns
Give is some examples of specific policies that Trump should have implemented but did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back