This is not normal - A guide to what the next president will have to unwind

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
FrankFletcher:
Why is it folks on the right, then, who are threatening civil war if Trump loses?
Can you cite some examples of this because I have yet to see it.
Have a chat with your local right wing militia members. They’re stocked up and ready to go. Around here, it’s no empty threat either — these folks believe it’s their patriotic duty to fight.

As opposed to the left starting up their destruction of private and commercial properties with their riots and looting?Removal of monuments etc.

Oh I know plenty of the type. I myself have a vast collection of arms and ammunition, body armor, etc. I know more folks that do than don’t. I just haven’t seen anyone threaten to start a civil war if if trump loses. Only that they’re ready to boog if the other side starts the music.

Oh, I wish that were the case here. It’s all about violence here. People are angry and ready for bloodshed. I honestly don’t know if it will come to that but I’m pretty sure there at least will be a civil war fought in the courts thanks to Trump if he loses.

What’s your general area? I’ve seen nothing like that in my actual life. Granted I live outside a town of about 1000 people in south eastern Kentucky. We still like our neighbors for the most part around here. At leas the ones that aren’t breaking into homes and cars to get things to pawn for heroin or whatever the flavor is these days.

The ,eft has been most uncivil since losing four years ago.It is unprecedented what they have put this Nation through,all because they refused to accept defeat.

The ,eft has been most uncivil since losing four years ago.It is unprecedented what they have put this Nation through,all because they refused to accept defeat.
Agreed. All the chants of “Not My President”, all the silly demonstrations, rioting, destroyed property and livelihoods, people physically hurt. It’s been absolutely shameful to watch.

Asymmetrical warfare fought on US soil would be bloody to the point of making the breakup of Yugoslavia look like a game of two hand touch football.

I fought the Iraqi army, I fought Shia militias, and I fought Saddams paramilitary. Tactically we were superior, yet we still lost that war.
One thing an insurrection needs and doesn’t have in the US is popular support. The vast majority of citizen of this nation love this country and would not support an insurrection. The far-right anti-government groups are just not that popular, despite the outrageous claims they might make on social media. This is not Iraq. We have a well-established tradition of caring for the unity of our nation. The nation has been though much worse, and we have come together. There is no reason to think we are on the brink of anything that bad right now.

He was not a fascist either. Not all authoritarians are fascists or nazis or communists.
So, an authoritarian who oppresses individual rights (a redundancy) is okay as long as he doesn’t call himself a fascist or communist?

Honestly, authoritarianism is evil regardless of the color shirt they wear.
I’m not making the argument that it was a fair or just society when it came to race relations
What difference does that make if individual rights are “ False idols of American materialism?”

40.png
LeafByNiggle:
The far-right anti-government groups are just not that popular, despite the outrageous claims they might make on social media.
The scary thing is the far left ones are more popular. Both are evil.
There are no popular far left insurrectionists. The far left groups may want to control policy, just like all groups, right and left, want to control policy. But they do not want to go to war with the government.

Honestly, authoritarianism is evil regardless of the color shirt they wear.
An authoritarian who does the will of God is good. A democratically elected parliament/congress/president that passed popularly supported evil is, evil. The system of government matters less than the fruits of the government.
What difference does that make if individual rights are “ False idols of American materialism?”
Governments have a duty recognize the individual made in the image of God. But the individual is not the basis of a functional society, the family is. Individual rights, to the detriment of the family unit and societal cohesion are false idols.

What’s your general area? I’ve seen nothing like that in my actual life. Granted I live outside a town of about 1000 people in south eastern Kentucky. We still like our neighbors for the most part around here. At leas the ones that aren’t breaking into homes and cars to get things to pawn for heroin or whatever the flavor is these days.
Midwest. It’s insane.

I’m not sure we’re observing the same country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back