Trump Will Withhold $200 Million in Tax Dollars From California for Forcing Christians to Fund Abortions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But sometimes a more server action is necessary to elicit a response. There are other ways to keep a kid from touching a hot stove other than slapping their hand away and sharply rebuking them.
This is not an apt analogy. It is the hands of of the poor being slapped
Would you save one child from being burned through slapping the hands of the poor.

This is not an apt analogy.
Analogies are never exact. But they demonstrate a point. The only ones putting the poor at risk here are the CA leadership choosing the forcing abortion coverage on those who don’t want it over the care for the poor. If this at all seems like a reasonable choice, I don’t know what to tell you.

This is just a political stunt…

Think about it, Trump is approaching the final month of his administration and he is going to sign some memorandum to halt funding? If you remember your civic class; that is the job of the Legislative branch. Besides, if possible - It would get turned over so quickly.

That is like saying that he is going to divert military funds in order to build a wall…we all know how well that worked. Even better, get Steve Bannon to organize a fund raiser.

Sadly, abortion should not be inclusive in any insurance plan and it should not be a directive onto those that have moral issues with its inclusion. I just hate to see polarization of the issue in the final days of the administration only for the apparent purpose to engage the minions.

Analogies are never exact. But they demonstrate a point. The only ones putting the poor at risk here are the CA leadership choosing the forcing abortion coverage on those who don’t want it over the care for the poor. If this at all seems like a reasonable choice, I don’t know what to tell you.
What point are you demonstrating here other then sacrificing the poor?

Do you honestly don’t believe that there are no other strong measures the Trump administration to take other than targeting the poor?

Think about it, Trump is approaching the final month of his administration and he is going to sign some memorandum to halt funding? If you remember your civic class; that is the job of the Legislative branch. Besides, if possible - It would get turned over so quickly.
Did you read the complaint? Did you read the other posts where CA was on notice that the lack of conscience protections was a problem? Did you note that this investigation has been ongoing from prior to the election?

What point are you demonstrating here other then sacrificing the poor?
Who’s doing the sacrificing here? CA has a $4+ billion budget. If it wants to force abortion so badly it can pay for this itself.
Do you honestly don’t believe that there are no other strong measures the Trump administration to take other than targeting the poor?
I don’t know. I didn’t even know about the Weldon amendment. Perhaps you have some options?

That is like saying that he is going to divert military funds in order to build a wall…we all know how well that worked. Even better, get Steve Bannon to organize a fund raiser.

Sadly, abortion should not be inclusive in any insurance plan and it should not be a directive onto those that have moral issues with its inclusion. I just hate to see polarization of the issue in the final days of the administration only for the apparent purpose to engage the minions.
Your view is plain cynical, he stopped funding for abortions on his first day in office taking action on the issue.

Very unfair to someone to call this a stunt.

Last edited:
Trump is sacrificing the poors federal funding for Medicaid
No, CA is sacrificing the poor at the altar of abortion. CA cares more about forcing Guadalupanas Sisters and Skyline Wesleyan Church to have abortion coverage than they care about the poor.

Really, what does CA sacrifice by allowing conscience exceptions? I think it quite odd to blame Trump for the HHS’s findings in a long investigation and report. CA made its bed and now it has to sleep in it. Trump/HHS are not targeting the poor.
I agree with you.
Ok. CA wants abortion coverage. Then pay for it out of its pocket if it doesn’t want to follow the rules set by Congress in the Weldon amendment.

That would be true if Trump did not re-instate the Mexico City Policy which will not allow money for overseas abortions. If he had done way with Title X funding for abortion clinics in US and if he had not taken away the UNFPA Funding for abortions but he has taken all this abortion funding away since 2016
President Trump signed a law allowing all states to now defund Planned Parenthood. Trump also did away with Fetal stem cell research at NIH.
Since 2017, Trump has defunded the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) of tens of millions of U.S. tax dollars because it pushes abortions on other countries and has worked with China for decades to implement its oppressive population control policies. Under the pro-abortion Obama administration, U.S. taxpayers gave more than $300 million to UNFPA.
Under previous Republican administrations, the restrictions in the Mexico City Policy applied specifically to US family planning funds, approximately US$575 million .

Trump’s policy extends restrictions to an estimated $8.8 billion in US global health assistance
Under this rule, that group must now choose between losing its US funding—slashing its operating budget in half—or restricting or cutting its reproductive health programs

Last edited:
We are going around in circles here
Indeed. It seems to me you either a) value access to medical care for the poor over access to medical care for the poor or b) you value access to abortion over access to medical care for the poor. Either one is unacceptable to me.

a) value access to medical care for the poor over access to medical care for the poor or
I don’t understand what you are saying here
you value access to abortion over access to medical care for the poor
I do not value abortion, I find it abhorrent.
I find Trump’s attack on the poor to be abhorrent.

My faith compels me to do both. Abhor abortion, defend the poor

Last edited:
The point is that there is no agreement about the Decalogue. Not just the numbering.

I don’t understand what you are saying here
Typo. What I meant was:

It seems to me you either a) value access to medical care for the poor over mandated access to abortion or b) you value mandated access to abortion over access to medical care for the poor.
I find Trump’s attack on the poor to be abhorrent.
The fact that you view this as an attack by Trump on the poor rather than an attack on the abortion regime in CA shows a difference in perspective.
My faith compels me to do both. Abhor abortion, defend the poor
In this case you can have only one of the choices. Which to do you find more abhorrent?

In this case you can have only one of the choices. Which to do you find more abhorrent?
False dichotomy. I find Trump’s attack on the poor to be abhorrent(Especially since I do not believe that this is the only strong arm measure Trump can come up with).
I also find CA abortion mandate to be abhorrent.

Last edited:
False dichotomy.
How so? You haven’t offered any alternative to getting CA to dump the abortion mandate. HHS reviewed the legal means at its disposal used use the Weldon amendment. CA has a choice: fund Medicaid with its own budget and keep the abortion mandate, or drop the abortion mandate and continue to receive federal funds.

Edit: It seems HHS has a choice: let CA continue to mandate abortions or use the Weldon amendment to force CA to back down. Unless you think HHS has a better stick (or carrot) to use?

It seems to me CA is more wedded to abortion than they are to caring for the poor.

Last edited:
(Let’s hope he can let go of sniffing peoples’ hair long enough to get his agenda on the road, though.)
He’ll do better than . . . Trump. . . . That’s for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back