Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am referring to a disproportionate interest/obsession/fear among some segments in the Right of scary minorities.

Oh, is that why liberals either live in condos with plenty of private security and alarm systems in the inner cities or are fleeing to the suburbs and conservative areas in Arizona, Florida and even Texas?

When I lived in DC and Detroit, I didn’t see too many white liberals living amongst the African-American or Muslim communities…
Breitbart writes to their audience as any media does and here, and in the past you will see a disproportionate number of articles concerning negative stories regarding minorities.
 
EPAN: Thank you for your duty, one wouldn’t know that where you just list a location. Hope I didn’t offend you.

Some of us submit to a higher authority and have done our duties for this nation too. I will be against my taxpayer dollars funding abortions and will do all to avoid every paying for such. I believe the Constitution protects religious beliefs. I would hope I would have the courage to always have those beliefs.

By the way, Firefox for some reason, doesn’t always post the quote I want. Anyone else’s computer do this? This just started happening about a week ago.
 
I am full of hope, but due to voter fraud who knows what could happen in the tied states…

Hope and pray, hope and pray… :gopray2::gopray2:
 
OMG! The right and their obsession with the Black Panthers! Here we are again!
Yeah, I’m sure you, the left and the mainstream media would just be fine if old, white TEA PARTY members held a baseball bat right outside of the polling place and found out via protest to election officials that they were legitimate “poll watchers”.
 
Also, I don’'t doubt the Romney internals may reflect certain things but they could just be telling us this too, to have hope, to get out and vote but it does seem Romney/Ryan have some momentum, pray it keeps up.
 
EPAN: Thank you for your duty, one wouldn’t know that where you just list a location. Hope I didn’t offend you.

Some of us submit to a higher authority and have done our duties for this nation too. I will be against my taxpayer dollars funding abortions and will do all to avoid every paying for such. I believe the Constitution protects religious beliefs. I would hope I would have the courage to always have those beliefs.

By the way, Firefox for some reason, doesn’t always post the quote I want. Anyone else’s computer do this? This just started happening about a week ago.
No worries, BroomWagon. Sorry if I overreacted with TMI.

Yes, I do understand the passion surrounding the abortion issue. I also think it is true that we all pay taxes which fund things that we don’t approve of. Which views are passionately held vary from person to person. This is why I don’t think that the courts will overturn the HHS mandates. I would actually like them to do so, but I am not optimistic. That is what I meant about a convincing argument.

I have stood up for my values in a rather outspoken way for much of my life. I seem to be getting gentler about it as I age. I do understand personal conviction about an issue, and I do respect other people’s convictions whether I agree with them or not. When I come off as not acting that way, then I am not living up to my own standards for myself.
 
My prognosis at one point in time in Iraq, where I was deployed more than once as a US Marine~~~I work for the US Navy as a commissioned officer at the largest US medical facility outside of the United States, run by the US Army and the DoD. The US government (you the taxpayer) paid for me to go to some very expensive schools, including medical school. I am grateful for that too.

Last time I checked, my US passport was still valid. So was my military passport. I think I do appreciate and understand the US Constitution tolerably well.
This fellow shooting war (Vietnam) veteran salutes you and am glad that what you have is going to be an inconvenience, but not an impediment to a functioning life.

Are you a physician? If so, how were you a Marine? The Marines, to the best of my knowledge, rely on the Navy for medical personnel.

God bless you, especially that you are now out of harm’s way!
 
Oh, is that why liberals either live in condos with plenty of private security and alarm systems in the inner cities or are fleeing to the suburbs and conservative areas in Arizona, Florida and even Texas?

When I lived in DC and Detroit, I didn’t see too many white liberals living amongst the African-American or Muslim communities…
Come to Little Rock. Except in the really posh neighborhoods and in the really bad ones, you see blacks and whites in neighboring houses. My neighborhood, for instance. three black families across the street and two down the block out of around 16 houses.

BTW, how do you tell whether a condo dweller is a liberal? Our own Qui est ce lives in a condo, and she’s most definitely a conservative. Maybe she has Romney posters glued to her doors and painted on her car?? 🤷
 
Obama congratulates Romney on “spirited campaign”

“I … want to say to Governor Romney congratulations on a spirited campaign. I know that his supporters are just as engaged and just as enthusiastic and working just as hard today,” Obama said as volunteers made phone calls encouraging supporters to get to the polls.
“We feel confident we’ve got the votes to win, but it’s going to depend ultimately on whether those votes turn out. And so I would encourage everybody on all sides just to make sure that you exercise this precious right that we have that people fought so hard for us to have.”
Read the Article
 
Whoever wins it (I’m really hoping for Romney!)

I sure hope nobody dies or gets hurt in the process. Cause both sides are N-U-T-S this election.
 
Yes, I do understand the passion surrounding the abortion issue. I also think it is true that we all pay taxes which fund things that we don’t approve of. Which views are passionately held vary from person to person. This is why I don’t think that the courts will overturn the HHS mandates. I would actually like them to do so, but I am not optimistic. That is what I meant about a convincing argument…
Its deeper than our personal beliefs and what we can live with. When we see Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans and others insisting they cannot and will not live with this, then we are forcing them to go against their faith. Yes there is a difference in degree from one to another as individuals. This is why I mentioned the 35-40% in the CC earlier, they simply refuse to cooperate with this, and I would assume the numbers of avid followers are the same elsewhere. From there we have many ideas of what is or isn’t acceptable in ones mind.

We place these people in office, so we become the safeguard of what in fact our destiny is through them. The interpretation depends on who we put in, is for sure correct.

Hope your feeling better and you find peace of mind. My prayers are with you, as they are for all who serve weekly at Mass.
 
This fellow shooting war (Vietnam) veteran salutes you and am glad that what you have is going to be an inconvenience, but not an impediment to a functioning life.

Are you a physician? If so, how were you a Marine? The Marines, to the best of my knowledge, rely on the Navy for medical personnel.

God bless you, especially that you are now out of harm’s way!
Yes, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

I signed up for the Marine Corps. When my commitment was completed, I went back to school. When I finished my training, I signed up again with the Navy. I was in the San Diego area, working mostly with Marines. Then I was sent to Germany, where I am now. I work with all branches here.
 
Its deeper than our personal beliefs and what we can live with. When we see Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans and others insisting they cannot and will not live with this, then we are forcing them to go against their faith. Yes there is a difference in degree from one to another as individuals. This is why I mentioned the 35-40% in the CC earlier, they simply refuse to cooperate with this, and I would assume the numbers of avid followers are the same elsewhere. From there we have many ideas of what is or isn’t acceptable in ones mind.

We place these people in office, so we become the safeguard of what in fact our destiny is through them. The interpretation depends on who we put in, is for sure correct.

Hope your feeling better and you find peace of mind. My prayers are with you, as they are for all who serve weekly at Mass.
I happen to agree that no religious organization should be required to pay for abortions. I would also refuse to perform an elective abortion. It is not my type of work, so the situation will never arise for me. Theoretically, I would perform an abortion if the mother’s life were in peril. Otherwise, I would not.
 
Come to Little Rock. Except in the really posh neighborhoods and in the really bad ones, you see blacks and whites in neighboring houses. My neighborhood, for instance. three black families across the street and two down the block out of around 16 houses.

BTW, how do you tell whether a condo dweller is a liberal? Our own Qui est ce lives in a condo, and she’s most definitely a conservative. Maybe she has Romney posters glued to her doors and painted on her car?? 🤷
Well I live in a condo too! And I *suppose *some here might think I’m a liberal. 😃 But I have a variety of neighbors. I’m a white guy. The family upstairs and across the hall is Muslim. 2 other neighbors white women. Lots of other caucasians and African Americans and Haitians across the street. We don’t even have a guard for 17 hrs a day. 😃 And overnight is just to make sure my parking permit matches my license plate. (Seriously when I forgot to report my new plate number the guard left a tow warning) And I’ve seen a Romney sign who might win tonight.
 
Its deeper than our personal beliefs and what we can live with. When we see Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans and others insisting they cannot and will not live with this, then we are forcing them to go against their faith. Yes there is a difference in degree from one to another as individuals. This is why I mentioned the 35-40% in the CC earlier, they simply refuse to cooperate with this, and I would assume the numbers of avid followers are the same elsewhere. From there we have many ideas of what is or isn’t acceptable in ones mind. We place these people in office, so we become the safeguard of what in fact our destiny is through them. The interpretation depends on who we put in, is for sure correct. Hope your feeling better and you find peace of mind. My prayers are with you, as they are for all who serve weekly at Mass.
And abortion isn’t health care. But I can see the argument, why should one be compelled to pay for military actions they don’t agree with and there are other things we may not personally agree with. However, part of this problem is forcing private companies to pay for this through health care. It’s complex, I’m not sure if I am even stating this correctly.
 
I have no idea who will win. The people I hang with are almost uniformly pro-life, so that would predict a landslide for Romney among my friends and family.

I voted this morning in a traditionally Republican area and turnout was huge. I walked a mile to the polling place to save parking spaces for the really old. It took an hour to vote and when I left the line was even longer than when I arrived. As you might expect at the 10-11 time frame, many of the voters were seniors.

On my return from voting I counted the ducks and geese in the pond behind my house. There were 43 geese and 32 ducks on the pond. All the geese were undocumented waterfowl from Canada. That is probably as scientific as the polls. None of them count.
 
I have no idea who will win. The people I hang with are almost uniformly pro-life, so that would predict a landslide for Romney among my friends and family.

I voted this morning in a traditionally Republican area and turnout was huge. I walked a mile to the polling place to save parking spaces for the really old. It took an hour to vote and when I left the line was even longer than when I arrived. As you might expect at the 10-11 time frame, many of the voters were seniors.

On my return from voting I counted the ducks and geese in the pond behind my house. There were 43 geese and 32 ducks on the pond. All the geese were undocumented waterfowl from Canada. That is probably as scientific as the polls. None of them count.
Do you think the lines were longer than in previous presidential elections?
 
Do you think the lines were longer than in previous presidential elections?
Yes, they were longer, and there were no complicated issues on the ballot, so actual voting did not take long. Indiana was considered safe for Romney already. My county borders Ohio where they could use a lot of our “extra” Romney votes a few miles away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top