Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
First battleground State to report in, New Hampshire, is leaning towards Obama. šŸ‘
I checked the major sites. A few of them show one county reporting…28 Obama to 14 Romney (1 for Johnson), so yes…Obama has a commanding 14 vote lead in the national election, so far.

You might as well break out the champagne Emperor Napoleon… šŸ˜›
 
Show me where it says that in the Constitution or Declaration.
Good point,I believe this was a footnote by Jefferson,in the Declaration.Also,the intent was that the state couldn’t dictate a particular religion.🤷
 
Yeah…it’s at least a vocal minority, though I don’t know the total count. I disagree with their reasoning, even though they can licitly choose to do so. 😦
Doubt they can. We are morally obliged to affirmatively oppose evil. It’s not good enough to despair and let it prevail.
 
I checked the major sites. A few of them show one county reporting…28 Obama to 14 Romney (1 for Johnson), so yes…Obama has a commanding 14 vote lead in the national election, so far. You might as well break out the champagne Emperor Napoleon… šŸ˜›
šŸ™‚ I’m more interested in seeing what happens with Gary Johnson. This election is so close that every vote for him will have an impact and it might be enough to decide the election tonight.
 
I think people are confusing their religious beliefs with politics.The two should be kept separate. We should not try to impose our religious beliefs on others.
The law does it all the time, of course. It’s interesting to read how the English Common Law and the continental codes developed. I recommend it.
 
I think people are confusing their religious beliefs with politics.The two should be kept separate. We should not try to impose our religious beliefs on others.
That is one of the common misconceptions about the Constitution. We are all supposed to vote according to our own personal beliefs. I’m no more imposing my beliefs on someone else by doing so, than they are imposing their beliefs on me. To vote for the common denominator isn’t a Democratic Republic. It is, well, an unintelligent way to vote.
 
šŸ™‚ I’m more interested in seeing what happens with Gary Johnson. This election is so close that every vote for him will have an impact and it might be enough to decide the election tonight.
Right…he’s got 1 vote, so far. It is a sign that he is this year’s Ross Perot.
 
Virginia is set to exceed the 2008 turnout which wasn’t forecasted and is very bad news for Romney. If Romney loses Virginia he won’t be able to make it up even if he wins Ohio ( possible but not likely) and Wisconsin (which isn’t really possible)

Looks like Virginia may decide the election.
You do realize that Presidents aren’t decided on popular vote right?

It doesn’t matter whether 1% or 100% vote in a state, they still only get their designated number of electoral votes.
 
Virginia is set to exceed the 2008 turnout which wasn’t forecasted and is very bad news for Romney. If Romney loses Virginia he won’t be able to make it up even if he wins Ohio ( possible but not likely) and Wisconsin (which isn’t really possible)

Looks like Virginia may decide the election.
Oh no! High turnout…that’s terrible news for Romney!!

Wait…turnout of who? Democrats or Republicans. Who shows up is pretty important to an election. šŸ˜›
 
That is one of the common misconceptions about the Constitution. We are all supposed to vote according to our own personal beliefs. ** I’m no more imposing my beliefs on someone else by doing so, than they are imposing their beliefs on me.** To vote for the common denominator isn’t a Democratic Republic. It is, well, an unintelligent way to vote.
Good point! I just don’t think religion should factor in but that is my opinion.
 
Right…he’s got 1 vote, so far. It is a sign that he is this year’s Ross Perot.
He has 1,544 votes from Indiana, Kentucky, and New Hampshire which is 1.3% of the total so far. Remember that going into this we had a complete tie between Obama and Romney. He may not win 28% but only 1% is needed to keep either Obama or Romney from a victory in the popular vote or even an entire battleground State.
 
You do realize that Presidents aren’t decided on popular vote right?

It doesn’t matter whether 1% or 100% vote in a state, they still only get their designated number of electoral votes.
You do realize that in the swing state (Virginia being one of them) a high turnout always favors Democrats.

We’ll find out soon enough.

And I’m not sure how you concluded from my statement that I thought the election was decided by popular vote. If I thought that I wouldn’t even be mentioning an individual state.
 
He has 1,544 votes from Indiana, Kentucky, and New Hampshire which is 1.3% of the total so far. Remember that going into this we had a complete tie between Obama and Romney. He may not win 28% but only 1% is needed to keep either Obama or Romney from a victory in the popular vote or even an entire battleground State.
Where are you getting your data? The major sites are a little more cautious, I think, because I don’t see much.
 
He has 1,544 votes from Indiana, Kentucky, and New Hampshire which is 1.3% of the total so far. Remember that going into this we had a complete tie between Obama and Romney. He may not win 28% but only 1% is needed to keep either Obama or Romney from a victory in the popular vote or even an entire battleground State.
And, actually, it could take more than 1%. You have to remember that polls are pretty much worthless in comparison to actual results. We don’t know that it is a ā€œcomplete tieā€ going in.
 
Good point! I just don’t think religion should factor in but that is my opinion.
So, you disagree with the Church that your faith should guide you in every part of your life? What other parts of your life do you choose to exclude God and His Church?
 
So, you disagree with the Church that your faith should guide you in every part of your life? What other parts of your life do you choose to exclude God and His Church?
I believe in democracy and religious freedom. I don’t want anyone to impose their beliefs on me nor do I want to impose my religious beliefs on anyone.
 
I believe in democracy and religious freedom. I don’t want anyone to impose their beliefs on me nor do I want to impose my religious beliefs on anyone.
Religious freedom has nothing to do with ā€œimposingā€ your beliefs. šŸ˜›

God help us…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top