Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live SW of Chicago and Republicans are the clear majority around here. There are Romney signs up in the area, but none for Obama.
I heard the other day on the radio not think Illinois would be a complete landslide for Obama. Not that he won’t take it, but it will be a whole lot closer than in '08. They say not to even think Cook County (Chicago) will go for him as much. A large group of “Democrats for Romney” there. This all being said, I can’t see him loosing IL. completely. He will surely take IL, but they say not nearly like he did in '08.
 
I predict that when we all go to bed tonight we won’t know who the next president is. I’m sure someone else has already made that predict though.
 
Very long lines at all the polling places in my very conservative district.
I also heard the other day from a business associate of ours that in Wisconsin (where he lives) even early voting was a 2 1/2 to 3 hour wait in some places, all last week. What that means ???
 
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization and their president is allowed to go door-to-door advocating for a particular candidate.

So why are Churches supposed to be silent?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really want to see our priests and bishops pulled into partisan politics. But it annoys me that there seems to be this prevailing notion that the State requires our religious leaders to be silent on these issues. I just don’t think that’s true.

Not to open a can of worms or anything. :o
It should be illegal for the planned parenthood to to campaign for political candidates or give political candidates donations
 
No. Signs on my lawn! All they can do is uproot the signs and urinate or defecate on my lawn or porch. I can handle those with a garden hose.

Bumper stickers would get my car dented or my windshield smashed at the least! 😃
Better stick to the lawn signs then…wouldn’t want your car vandalized. 🙂
 
Very long lines at all the polling places in my very conservative district.
Pretty busy here too, qui est-ce. I wasn’t there an hour before the polls open, but people tell me there were people there then. Of course, down here, it’s pretty thoroughly Republican as well. I think Mo is going to go for Romney anyway, and strongly. But Akin? Don’t know. He’s not my favorite guy, but I would just hate it if McCaskill got re-elected. Maybe the heavy turnout will get her out.
 
I waited 1 1/2 hours in my conservative neighborhood. In 2008 I walked right up and voted in seconds.
 
Athens County Election Officials: Morning Voter Turn Out Low

Apparantly this is a democrat county

Three Takeaways from the Final Polls

I do not think that oversample turn out to 2008 are accurate

Early voting results: DisReport Forecasts Mitt Romney Will Likely Win Ohio

twitter.com/sarahpompei/status/265894218474614784
In CO, @MittRomney is on pace to win Adams Co. A county that hasn’t been won by the GOP since 1984
Just saw update from RNC says turnout up (125%) in GOP Geauga County, OH where McCain won 57 & down 10% in Athens Cty where O won 67%
 
Pretty busy here too, qui est-ce. I wasn’t there an hour before the polls open, but people tell me there were people there then. Of course, down here, it’s pretty thoroughly Republican as well. I think Mo is going to go for Romney anyway, and strongly. But Akin? Don’t know. He’s not my favorite guy, but I would just hate it if McCaskill got re-elected. Maybe the heavy turnout will get her out.
Agree with you about Akin and McCaskill. I did not vote for Akin in the primaries. Claire wanted to run against Todd though. I think there is a good chance we will be pleasantly surprised.

I definitely think the Republicans have great momentum in RR.
 
I waited 1 1/2 hours in my conservative neighborhood. In 2008 I walked right up and voted in seconds.
I had to take my elderly mother to the polls. We both vote at the same place. I went at 1:30, thinking it would be slow, but it was packed. Got to vote along with 4 seminarians (the Seminary is in my back yard). That might be a good sign!
 
It should be illegal for the planned parenthood to to campaign for political candidates or give political candidates donations
Lifenews reported a few times, PPH payed millions of dollars into Anti-Romney ads and that certainly is wrong if US government funds them for whatever services.
 
Biden Jokes About Running For A Local Office At A Cleveland Campaign Stop
Vice President Joe Biden was joking about his next run for office even before Tuesday’s election results were in.
At a surprise campaign stop in Cleveland, Biden joked that he might run for a local office.
“I’m going to go back home and run for county council or something,” Biden told a customer at the Landmark Restaurant. Home for Biden is Delaware.
Biden, who turns 70, in two weeks, recently has been making jokes about his 2016 plans. He told a Florida man last week that he should vote for Biden once his health insurance rates go down because of the health care law known as “Obamacare.”
 
I just voted in Fairfax County (VA). I stayed awhile and spoke with the folks manning the GOP table (handouts, info center). One young man said he’d been there since 7:00 AM with only an hour break. He estimated 60 % to 70% picked up the ‘green’ sheets (GOP) compared to those grabbing the ‘blue’ sheets (Dem). Everyone there was very excited. I personally witnessed the above-noted ration of GOP to Dem voters. And that’s in Fairfax County, which has gone Democratic in the recent past! Fantastic!
 
I saw this on a blog with people reporting in with their observations:

New Hampshire

Merriamck, NH

WOW, I have never seen the turnout like today. I went to the polls at 10:30 a.m. (thought middle morning would be slower). Boy was I suprised, hundreds of people there (out of a town of 30K), I had to park more than 500 yards away and walk, with steady streams of people and cars coming and going. Who does this favor? Don’t know, but the ratio of Romney signs to Obama signs on the drive to the polling station was 43:4 (I counted). This is in a town that is nominally Replublican, but where registered independents outnumber either Replublican or Democrats and comes close to beating them combined.

Ohio
  1. Voted today at 7:20 AM in Columbus, Ohio. I went in on today at my polling location and did not have to wait to vote. Poll worker said there was a long line at 6:30 (poll opening). No incidents, touch screen worked perfectly, triple checked my vote through the window that shows the papers tracking tape. No errors or anomalies.
For the past several days the early voting location has had lines up to 3 hours long. I think the early vote has eaten up most of the support for Obama. Only thing remaining to be seen is if Ohio voters have learned enough in the last four years to make the right choice.
  1. I am in Clermont County Ohio, which is right outside of the Cincinnati city limits. The polling location is packed and the mood is high. There were chants of America and Romney throughout the crowd. The SEIU were in attendance at the entrance of the church, but they looked miserable and dis-heartened by the impending doom of their dear leader. Ohio will go Romney and to be frank, it will not be even close. Obama may win the Cleveland area and maybe Akron, but Romney will take the Cincinnati area with ease and probably Columbus and Toledo. This is going to be a great day for America. God Bless and always remember, I AM BREITBART.
  2. Much shorter lines in near downtown Cincinnati in democrat predominant areas.
 
I really don’t understand why more people do not vote early, in the 32 states it is available of course.
 
Here’s an interesting comment from the guys at CNN- where I will be watching the election results.

cnn.com/2012/11/06/politics/election-timing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1_1

“One of the first things I’ll look at are the margins in the northern Virginia suburbs closest to Washington, D.C., especially Prince William County,” said CNN chief national correspondent John King.
“If Gov. Romney is ahead or at least in play there, it means Virginia is in play, and we could have a long competitive night,” King said. “If he’s not in play, it could be over before we even get to the Central time zone.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top