Donald Jr. says covid deaths are "almost nothing"

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about 10,000 deaths per month? You know, this virus, unlike the flu, is not seasonal; we’re talking the loss of life every month.

10k a month is not high enough for me to consider a national lock down worth the trade off.

People are pretty much over the lockdown mindset.There will be a lot of pushback if we go that route again

As I see it, the problem is too many people never had a lockdown mindset in the first place. Now I think it is too late to consider this.

I can see the two week shutdowns if necessary but not beyond that.Businesses’ need to be able to bring in revenue in between intermittent
shutdowns as needed.

I don’t want to see any more lockdowns, but the problem is that as soon as we let up a bit and start enjoying ourselves, the virus creeps back up, as Europe discovered. It isn’t going away.

Correct.So what’s the point in hiding from it? I get not overwhelming the hospitals but overall,if anything the are underwhelmed with patients not only Covid but otherwise.

To me that’s a reason to just soldier on and accept it. Not keep everything shut down.

To keep people from dying, I guess. If we let it run roughshod over our communities many more people will get sick and some will die (the aforementioned 2%). Plus some people never recover fully.

Last edited:
Since when have we become so afraid? More people die from the flu,it’s ridiculous .Clearly shutting down is largely ineffective,other than it kills the economy and the spirit of the citizenry

It’s sort of weird to read Catholics who are rightly committed to pro-life claim that everyone has to die sometime and we shouldn’t be afraid of it. Genuinely curious: if we could stop abortion by shutting down the country for a month, would you support it?

if we could stop abortion by shutting down the country for a month, would you support it?
As said above, would it be a permanent solution? Or would it fire back up as soon as the shut down was lifted?

Why do people continuously try and compare deaths by direct action to death through a naturally occurring cause?

No it wouldn’t, because those people would go the clinic when they opened back up.

You don’t really understand the point of a philosophical hypothetical, do you?

No I understand it perfectly, but I like to keep comparisons as close to 1:1 and grounded in reality as possible.

Then you don’t understand the point of philosophical hypotheticals. It’s okay — I didn’t anticipate that anyone would actually answer my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back