Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what’s the big deal, the same people who showed up at a voting precinct carrying truncheons and dressed in military garb show up again 4 years later. No story here. 👍
I wonder how black people would feel if the KKK showed up dressed in sheets with clubs?
 
Did you not know that NBP stationed themselves outside a polling place in 11/08 equipped with billy sticks?
I think meltzerboy identified the 2008 BPs and the 2012 BPs as two different groups, the latter usurping the name.
 
Yeah Christine, I mentioned that- but not directly in my post.

Scary minorities are of real interest to some on the right.
Nobody is afraid of scary minorities.

Do you think it’s okay that these armed NBP station themselves outside a polling booth?
 
I wonder how black people would feel if the KKK showed up dressed in sheets with clubs?
Interesting point, as your example is of white racists coming to intimidate black voters whereas the BPs are blacks also coming to intimidate black voters. I think they’d be intimidated by both sets of racists.
 
Nobody is afraid of scary minorities.

Do you think it’s okay that these armed NBP station themselves outside a polling booth?
Nope, just commenting on the disproportionate and illuminating fixation on it. Not you Christine.

I look at histories and see what is commented on.
 
The New Black Panthers were involved in protests in Florida over the Trayvon Martin case, that is there right but likewise, they have made very incendiary statements as well that have been reported by the honest media.
 
Interesting point, as your example is of white racists coming to intimidate black voters whereas the BPs are blacks also coming to intimidate black voters. I think they’d be intimidated by both sets of racists.
I hate people lumping people as racists. It demeans the real damage racism does to our society. On both sides.

Look what happens to black male politicians who don’t tow the leftist party line.
 
My point is Breitbart.
Go on…

I don’t read Breitbart, so I wouldn’t have known about my racist white conservatives being afraid of scary minorities. Thanks for enlightening me.:rolleyes:
 
The New Black Panthers were involved in protests in Florida over the Trayvon Martin case, that is there right but likewise, they have made very incendiary statements as well that have been reported by the honest media.
And among certain political circles there is a disproportionate fixation on intimidating black people.

Im not talking the wide net of the GOP but definitely in the further fringes.

And here we have Breitbart stroking fears and caressing resentment.
 
Go on…

I don’t read Breitbart, so I wouldn’t have known about my racist white conservatives being afraid of scary minorities. Thanks for enlightening me.:rolleyes:
Don’t take my comments in that territory. I am going to be here tomorrow. 🙂
 
I hate people lumping people as racists.
Surely you don’t deny that the NBP and the KKK are racists.
It demeans the real damage racism does to our society. On both sides.
Not sure what you mean here. Yes, racism does damage, and there ought to be little doubt that the two groups we’ve mentioned are racists.
Look what happens to black male politicians who don’t tow the leftist party line.
Yes, but it depends on where they live. In some areas, black politicians are part of the political scene and run with no problems (NYC, e.g.); but in some other places they take static if they’re not liberals.
 
And among certain political circles there is a disproportionate fixation on intimidating black people. Im not talking the wide net of the GOP but definitely in the further fringes. And here we have Breitbart stroking fears and caressing resentment.
Of course! Still, if one mentions this, how about this actress Melissa Joan Hart voicing her support for Romney and the way Twitter goes crazy with the obnoxious obscene language against her from the Left. Perhaps this situation regarding the NBP is just that this is another case where the Left can use the race card.
 
Surely you don’t deny that the NBP and the KKK are racists.

Not sure what you mean here. Yes, racism does damage, and there ought to be little doubt that the two groups we’ve mentioned are racists.
I was responding to RINGIL’s characterization of white conservatives being scared of black people.

Yes, the KKK and the NBP’s are racist. The NBP’s in Philly ought to be removed if people feel they are being intimidated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top