Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to take my elderly mother to the polls. We both vote at the same place. I went at 1:30, thinking it would be slow, but it was packed. Got to vote along with 4 seminarians (the Seminary is in my back yard). That might be a good sign!
Hope that is a good sign
 
I just voted in Fairfax County (VA). I stayed awhile and spoke with the folks manning the GOP table (handouts, info center). One young man said he’d been there since 7:00 AM with only an hour break. He estimated 60 % to 70% picked up the ‘green’ sheets (GOP) compared to those grabbing the ‘blue’ sheets (Dem). Everyone there was very excited. I personally witnessed the above-noted ration of GOP to Dem voters. And that’s in Fairfax County, which has gone Democratic in the recent past! Fantastic!
🙂
 
Hope that is a good sign
“hope”?

I thought you were relatively certain of a Romney win?

Who needs “hope” when you have all the great statistical analyses you have delved into indicating a sure win for your candidate?
 
Nope, I was responding to a story demonstrating a disproportionate interest/obsession/fear of scary black people.
That would be an example of playing the race card, Ringil. Shame on you…
 
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization and their president is allowed to go door-to-door advocating for a particular candidate.

So why are Churches supposed to be silent?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really want to see our priests and bishops pulled into partisan politics. But it annoys me that there seems to be this prevailing notion that the State requires our religious leaders to be silent on these issues. I just don’t think that’s true.

Not to open a can of worms or anything. :o
I think it has to do with separation of church and state. But I have wondered that too.

One could say that every nonprofit is taxpayer supported, as long as it is using government services, such as roads, fire protection, utility grids, or any of the myriad of government services that we all use from day to day without thinking about it. So, I guess the argument would be that once a religious organization becomes closely aligned with a political party, then when that party gets into power, there is some sort of connection between that organization and the party in power. This comes could start to cross the line of state sponsored religion.
 
I really don’t understand why more people do not vote early, in the 32 states it is available of course.
We vote mostly by mail in my state, and I still wait until day of (or night before) to fill out my ballot and drop it off on election day. 😃 Procrastinators Unite! …someday…maybe tomorrow.

Btw…went to fill mine out and noticed that my wife placed her ballot in my envelope and signed it. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I walked both of them in to the election offices for advice. They assured me that if I put my ballot in her envelope and sign it, they will both be counted correctly because they will see that both envelopes were signed by the other spouse. I hope so. :o
 
guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/06/obama-polls-victory-romney-death-knell

Polls show an Obama victory as history dictates death knell for Romney

Code:
                          Mitt Romney had it going for a while, but major polls show his luck has finally run out – and I'm not going to disagree. It now seems that Romney's luck has finally run out. President of the [United States](http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/usa) [Barack Obama](http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/barack-obama)  looks destined to claim victory at some point this evening or early  tomorrow morning in the 2012 presidential election. Why do I have  confidence?
The polling aggregates are crystal clear.
FiveThirtyEight, HuffPollster and Real Clear Politics all have President Obama winning at least 303 electoral votes. The latter two actually have Obama taking 332 electoral votes. Put another way, none of the aggregates really know something the others don’t. There’s no special formula needed to tell us who will win.

Nov. 5: Late Poll Gains for Obama Leave Romney With Longer Odds

By NATE SILVERMitt Romney has always had difficulty drawing a winning Electoral College hand. Even during his best period of polling, in the week or two after the first presidential debate in Denver, he never quite pulled ahead in the polling averages in Ohio and other states that would allow him to secure 270 electoral votes.
But the most recent set of polls suggest another problem for Mr. Romney, whose momentum in the polls stalled out in mid-October. Instead, it is President Obama who is making gains.
 
Thats too bad if obama wins… our country will be no longer.
guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/06/obama-polls-victory-romney-death-knell

Polls show an Obama victory as history dictates death knell for Romney

Code:
                          Mitt Romney had it going for a while, but major polls show his luck has finally run out – and I'm not going to disagree. It now seems that Romney's luck has finally run out. President of the [United States](http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/usa) [Barack Obama](http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/barack-obama)  looks destined to claim victory at some point this evening or early  tomorrow morning in the 2012 presidential election. Why do I have  confidence?
The polling aggregates are crystal clear.
FiveThirtyEight, HuffPollster and Real Clear Politics all have President Obama winning at least 303 electoral votes. The latter two actually have Obama taking 332 electoral votes. Put another way, none of the aggregates really know something the others don’t. There’s no special formula needed to tell us who will win.

Nov. 5: Late Poll Gains for Obama Leave Romney With Longer Odds

By NATE SILVERMitt Romney has always had difficulty drawing a winning Electoral College hand. Even during his best period of polling, in the week or two after the first presidential debate in Denver, he never quite pulled ahead in the polling averages in Ohio and other states that would allow him to secure 270 electoral votes.
But the most recent set of polls suggest another problem for Mr. Romney, whose momentum in the polls stalled out in mid-October. Instead, it is President Obama who is making gains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top