Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC projecting Indiana and Kentucky for Romney and Vermont for Obama.
 
Oh no! High turnout…that’s terrible news for Romney!!

Wait…turnout of who? Democrats or Republicans. Who shows up is pretty important to an election. 😛
As I have mentioned, federal employees are leery of Ryan in particular. They see him as a direct threat to their livelihood. I was speaking with a retired vet today, and he is concerned that if medicare becomes a voucher system, as Ryan/Romney have proposed on their platform, then TriCare will also become a voucher system, and perhaps the VA too. Federal healthcare systems are linked. When Obamacare reduced medicare benefits, military dependents and retirees healthcare benefits were reduced by the same percentage.

I am expecting Obama to take VA, MD, DC and a much larger share of military votes than a Democrat might normally get. It has been observed on this forum that military absentee ballots turned in is down by 70%. If true, i would suspect this is because many military people will not vote for either candidate.
 
So can Romney get VA. He needs VA.

I predict he will, but this thing is over if he doesn’t.
 
An Exit poll from Va says 91% of voters think economy is getting better. That’s another bad sign for Romney.
 
No surprise there…for KY at least
Well, that answers my question about news blackouts until polls close. I was wondering if this would be reporting on individual states after their respective polls close, or whether it would be until all polls close.
 
Well, that answers my question about news blackouts until polls close. I was wondering if this would be reporting on individual states after their respective polls close, or whether it would be until all polls close.
Our polls closed at 7.
It was never a question KY would go red though. Indiana had more of a question mark over it being they went for obama in '08 but, it seems its going red also this time around.
 
Well, that answers my question about news blackouts until polls close. I was wondering if this would be reporting on individual states after their respective polls close, or whether it would be until all polls close.
I just noticed, you’re in Germany! How much interest is there in our election from you’re perspective? What is the sentiment there?
 
I have not seen this figure. CNN has 0% of the votes in.
See the election results thread…there are better links than CNN. I asked EmperorNapoleon where he gets his data, but it doesn’t look like he wants to share.

RealClearPolitics has a great spreadsheet layout, by poll closing times

Google has a great map format.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top